Hating Notre Dame | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hating Notre Dame

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I grew up in West Lafayette, IN, and as a diehard Purdue fan there is NOTHING that could make me like ND. I'm also a life long Chicago Cubs fan and will admit to crying when they won it all 2016.
I cried and I'm a die hard Mets fan. Those fans DESERVED a series win. I'd been saying it for years. I felt if my Mets couldn't win someone please give the Cubbies a break. No fandom suffered like they had.

Reaction Score
I was born into the "Fighting Irish's" "Subway Alumni". I began to question that birthright in 1966 when Ara Parseghian settled for a draw in that year's edition of "the game of the century". I renounced it completely when they helped to destroy the Big East. But I don't hate them, I just don't like them. I did hate the way Natalie Novosel played, crashing into people and getting rewarded with foul shots, but she's long gone. Muffet's reaction to players other than hers winning awards is less than gracious, but that, I suppose, is part of being competitive.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Awww, that's cute. Are you getting jealous of all the love we're showing Orangutan?

Oh no... Im just checking all the hate directed towards ND.... just glad its not being directed in other places :cool:

Orangutan is a better mammal than I ..... I would have been banned by now if I were in his shoes (well i guess apes dont wear shoes) :p

Reaction Score
I grew up in West Lafayette, IN, and as a diehard Purdue fan there is NOTHING that could make me like ND. I'm also a life long Chicago Cubs fan and will admit to crying when they won it all 2016.

I'm glad to know that you don't have to grow up in South Bend to dislike Notre Dame. It's the University and football that I have problems with. As I have said, I have liked the women's basketball team and some players over the last ten years. I respect Muffet as I do Dawn. But I think Muffet, like Dawn, encourages bad behavior, which I don't like to see. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching men's basketball.

Being a Cubs fan, I still have a faint hope that Shakyla will bring her slingshot to the Baylor game on Friday night.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Oh Notre Dame... yes i love to cheer against them also.... I think what gets me about them is that they swallow their own story.... they are so provincial.... no school is as great and as storied as Notre Dame.... many in ND fandom consider the football program the finest in the nation.... even though the school has not won the national title in 30 years and before that it was 44 years ago i believe.

What I do say for them is that they will be relevant for some time.... on the name alone... even though I think it would help them to join a conference full time rather than the hybrid arrangement they have with the ACC.... and WBB there is alive and well..... even though ND has not won it all since 2001, Muffet is a very good coach... and she can never be counted out
THIS is what my ND friends loooove to tell me all the time.
And then there is always the Notredame Broadcasting Company
Bleech!! Makes me ill!!
Living 2 miles from campus doesn't help.
Ok... need to stop. Go Huskies!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom