Hatchell on the verge of 1,000 career wins. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hatchell on the verge of 1,000 career wins.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I thought the series had stopped due to bad blood over Aja Wilson. Diamond's UNC team beat South Carolina in Myrtle Beach and NCAAT Sweet 16. The next season the two teams didn't play in Myrtle Beach and South Carolina won the Sweet 16 rematch.

I have never been a fan playing a cupcake schedule in general. I understand scaling a schedule back if you have a young team but IMO it's hard to gauge how good your team is if you don't play a decent non conference team.

UNC did beat us twice that year, but I heard that Sylvia was trying to relax her schedule and that's why we quite playing. She never would play us in Columbia, just in MB, which is about the same distance from both campuses.

Reaction Score
UNC did beat us twice that year, but I heard that Sylvia was trying to relax her schedule and that's why we quite playing. She never would play us in Columbia, just in MB, which is about the same distance from both campuses.

Yes, I do remember hearing that Dawn wanting home and home series with UNC and Sylvia didn't want to do it. Sylvia hasn't scheduled a true non conference road game in two seasons and UNC has only played three scheduled non conference road games in five seasons. Those three road games were home and home series with Okla St, Oregon, and UCLA. UNC did play 2 road games in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge against Rutgers and Wisconsin but Sylvia has no control over that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So, speaking of elephants in the room ... I believe this is the last year on Hatchell's current contract. It was reported a couple of years ago that she sought a contract extension but was denied:
UNC’s Sylvia Hatchell: ‘Hard not to say’ her program is scapegoat

Is there a general sense of whether the AD at UNC plans to renew her or let this be her last year?

Reaction Score
So, speaking of elephants in the room ... I believe this is the last year on Hatchell's current contract. It was reported a couple of years ago that she sought a contract extension but was denied:
UNC’s Sylvia Hatchell: ‘Hard not to say’ her program is scapegoat

Is there a general sense of whether the AD at UNC plans to renew her or let this be her last year?

She got a two-year extension that lasts through 2019-2020 season.
Coach Hatchell Receives Contract Extension - University of North Carolina

Reaction Score
Anyone who pays attention to WCBB on a whole knows that Grambling has a women's program.

Kinda like when the Big East poached Conference USA to get Louisville, South Florida, Depaul, Marquette, and Cincinnati??
You know that there was meant to be an inference that scheduling Grambling's basketball program. particularly well into the season, is a guaranteed win and a little embarrassing, particularly when there was a thought it may be Hatchell's 1000th win.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You know that there was meant to be an inference that scheduling Grambling's basketball program. particularly well into the season, is a guaranteed win and a little embarrassing, particularly when there was a thought it may be Hatchell's 1000th win.
I don think Sylvia was planning to lose to Hampton or South Alabama. At least, I hope not.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They may finish tied with Clemson for last in the ACC.

Clemson wont be last. They should be better than Pitt and or BC. UNC aint that bad... they just dont have any quality depth.... not sure if Walker and Watts are gonna play this year or not. At this point in the season.... they might be better off redshirting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hatchell's team is up by only 2 points over Grambling midway through 3Q.

I've been inspired to revisit one of my favorite Hatchell moments, when she was T'ed up at Duke two years ago (were you there for this game, @triaddukefan ?):

Hatchell suspended for ref contact, NCAA violation

No... I missed that one. My area got about 10-12 inches of snow the day before....... figured it would be better just to stay at home snacking on chicken and donuts instead of driving an hour to that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom