Hassan Diarra | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm all for it, so long as he's willing to accept a limited role. Everyone we bring in doesn't need to be a high impact player. This guy brings energy and can certainly be a bench piece.

Reaction Score
I struggle to see Diarra accepting the incredibly limited emergency role he’d make sense for on this team.
yeah not if we bring in rudi or castle or femi. but i could see him getting paired with a guy like mcintosh from elon if we have to go that route. could give both up to 10 mpg or so.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This kid is better than Gaffney, no he shouldn’t be in the regular rotation, yes he can be the “break class in case of emergency” backup guard. But he’ll probably go down to the mid majors, where he’ll be a regular rotation guy.

pj

Reaction Score
You guys have tripped over yourselves to kill Jalen Gaffney and now you want to bring in a kid who is worse…

Sounds like a heck of a plan.

Stats wise:
  • Gaffney 12.8 minutes, 34.6% 2PT, 29.5% 3PT, 1.5 RB, 2.0 assists, 0.9 to, 4.0 points
  • Diarra 15.4 minutes, 37.0% 2PT, 32.4% 3PT, 1.8 RB, 1.4 assists, 1.3 to, 6.2 points

On the court, seems like a wash.

But if he wants to be here, he's an improvement over the guy who wants to be elsewhere.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
lol…you all just spent the last week running over Jalen Gaffney and now you want to bring in this scrub? He literally does nothing well.

I cannot believe this website is free.

Your logic over the past month has been all over the place.

And yet you'll be the first one complaining if we don't fill all 13 scholarships or the guy who needs to play after an injury isn't ready. You're having a rough offseason

You are one of the 5 worst posters on this board.
Give @Fishy a break. He's in Syracuse.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
lol…you all just spent the last week running over Jalen Gaffney and now you want to bring in this scrub? He literally does nothing well.

I cannot believe this website is free.

Nobody was saying they were glad Gaffney was gone, just that people needn't have a stroke over it because he was very much replaceable.

If this guy stinks, like you say he does, then he'd be a perfect substitute for the guy whose departure you were apparently very concerned about.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nobody was saying they were glad Gaffney was gone, just that people needn't have a stroke over it because he was very much replaceable.

If this guy stinks, like you say he does, then he'd be a perfect substitute for the guy whose departure you were apparently very concerned about.

Maybe stop trying to park the car on Gaffney’s corpse.

He’s gone, the victory laps can stop.

You folks are something. Imagine reveling in seeing a kid leave…great look.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Maybe stop trying to park the car on Gaffney’s corpse.

He’s gone, the victory laps can stop.

You folks are something. Imagine reveling in seeing a kid leave…great look.
You should change your avatar

just keep swimming finding nemo GIF

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Somebody’s gotta fill the roster and sit at the end of that bench. Somebody’s gotta be the king of practice drills and run back to the locker room to get things the actual players left. Somebody has to lead and create updated bench routines for the rest of the benchwarmers. That injured rotation player isn’t gonna pick himself up and limp to the sideline on his own.

Reaction Score
You’re all nuts.

He’s awful.
I agree, done with guards that can’t shoot. Maybe once we get 3 guys who prove they can really shoot against good teams, I would consider a defensive stopper type.

Reaction Score
yeah not if we bring in rudi or castle or femi. but i could see him getting paired with a guy like mcintosh from elon if we have to go that route. could give both up to 10 mpg or so.
Hard no on going after this kid.We can do much better then him.

Reaction Score
Hard no on going after this kid.We can do much better then him.
Hard to bring in transfers for the bench without crazy recruiting momentum, especially for slots like 5th guard (assuming Castle reclassifies). Lots of options for starting minutes, but very few people want to transfer to a worse depth chart position, and usually people transferring who were already bench players that don't necessarily want to start aren't very good. So invariably whoever we bring in for this slot probably won't be very good. So in that sense, I'm not sure we can do much better for that slot. Definitely a pitfall of needing to use transfers to completely overhaul one position group.

I think it's likely this guy will be a Husky.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I really like his toughness, grit. I think he fits our brand well. Would be a great bench addition. Not sure he wants to come off the bench though. That’s why he left A&M.

Reaction Score
Theres 1200+ players in portal. Not every kid is going to get the role they yearn for
This. There are going to be literally hundreds of players who are going to find out that they aren’t going to be increasing their minutes on a good team. So some will opt to drop down a level and play, and some will go somewhere where they expect to be in the tournament hoping to prove they deserve minutes.

But as I keep saying, there are going to be 1000 division 1 players who aren’t in a rotation next year. We will need 2 or 3 of them here. Maybe Diarra would rather play at Fordham and start, and maybe he’s o.k. Playing near home for a program he has ties to and he expects to be in the post-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom