Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

C

Chief00

Geesh, why crap on Calhoun with some vague allegation? That doesn't somehow rehabilitate what KO did.

I looked at the first three of these and thought "wow, this is pretty weak" but as it went on I cringed a bit. These aren't "technical" violations they are violations. If they knew this was out there Kevin's representation should have settled and gotten out of dodge.

Just maybe Kevin also did not tell Bailey and others the truth. I still believe Kevin still owing his Ex $2 million is a huge obstacle, making him hold out for lots of money. Realistically, he can’t modify cuz he can’t go to court despite all the theatrics by his side. So to walk away with $2-3 million after taxes for himself he needs $6-7 million and UConn will never pay that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Inject this into my veins!

Attachments

• 56DB8EDD-0926-4B75-8605-01351190AC87.png
    56DB8EDD-0926-4B75-8605-01351190AC87.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
Reaction Score
From Borges:

If true, this one's damning. Cliff notes: The allegations are a recruit's mom befriended Miller's wife. Told Miller's wife that KO paid her $30K to move to CT into an apartment. Something about being indebted to him, this part is unclear. The quotes are somewhat redacted.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The number of people calling Glen Miller a rat or a snitch is hilarious. I am absolutely 100% certain that all of you Johnny Tightlips would be completely loyal to the bosses who fired you and basically blamed you for their own incompetence.

Internet mobsters everywhere.

tNQp9-x8_400x400.jpg

Yes, portraying Miller as the villain is laughable. Whether the school self-reported or a third party caused the NCAA to begin its investigation, Miller was sure to become a person of interest to the NCAA either way. As such, wouldn't anybody act in their own self interest? Screw Ollie and UConn at that point. He's out to save himself.

Some here portray him as an unlikeable person. That may be, but didn't we have a recruit who decommitted because he got fired? It now appears that Ollie may have grown tired of Miller telling him to quit violating NCAA rules. Who knows, but Miller did what he did to save his own hide. He was going to have to talk to the NCAA at some point. It's not like the AD, Calhoun and Miller all got together and orchestrated a smear campaign against Ollie.

Maybe saving himself makes him a weasel, but he's no rat.

C

Chief00

I don’t have evidence beyond my eyes - but after Ollie won and the relationship went to crap... to allow Miller to be a rat makes it pretty clear how angry he was.

I’m not even defending Ollie. He sucked and I was on the Ollie sucks train early. I remember getting shouted down by posters pathetically giving him passes because of his divorce.

Doesn’t change the fact these violations are a joke. I’m not going to root for the inept leadership to avoid taking responsibility on bogus technicalities. I’m sure as hell not going to root for them when they enabled a rat to sing to the NCAA and he came up with ‘yeah, I don’t know’.

As for jumping to conclusions... we can go with Miller acted alone and ratted out his boss’ hand picked successor... which would put Calhoun’s no show job that pays hundreds of thousands a year at risk.

I’m sure that it. Miller just casually ratted out UConn and hangs out with Calhoun all day at St Joe’s.

It wasn’t obvious at all when Calhoun sits courtside looming at home games all the while having no relationship with the head coach.
Calhoun did not attend many games the last two years.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Just maybe Kevin also did not tell Bailey and others the truth. I still believe Kevin still owing his Ex $2 million is a huge obstacle, making him hold out for lots of money. Realistically, he can’t modify cuz he can’t go to court despite all the theatrics by his side. So to walk away with $2-3 million after taxes for himself he needs $6-7 million and UConn will never pay that.

Why can't he go to court if necessary to modify his divorce decree? If he ends up with nothing and can't pay his settlement, it's called "changed circumstances."

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
The only one looking “slimy” is KO, not only is he a poor b-ball coach, he’s a deliberate cheater who’s not clever enough to cover his tracks. So glad we got rid of him...

In my view, Glenn Miller fell on a tremendous sword for UConn, if it wasn’t for him we’d still have Ollie apologist telling us how great of a coach/man he is... can’t wait to hear what @Kathy (aka Mrs KO) has to say about all this.

Also there’s a lot more dirt that can come to light, just hope if it won’t. There was a reason why there were locker “tensions” the past few years. Extracaricular activities on the part of KO that inevitably drove a wedge.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The only one looking “slimy” is KO, not only is he a poor b-ball coach, he’s a deliberate cheater who’s not clever enough to cover his tracks. So glad we got rid of him...

In my view, Glenn Miller fell on a tremendous sword for UConn, if it wasn’t for him we’d still have Ollie apologist telling us how great of a coach/man he is... can’t wait to hear what @Kathy (aka Mrs KO) has to say about all this.

Also there’s a lot more dirt that can come to light, just hope if it won’t. There was a reason why there were locker “tensions” the past few years. Extracaricular activities on the part of KO that inevitably drove a wedge.
We're not escaping this without some NCAA sanctions are we? Too many people know about all this stuff he was doing.

Reaction Score

There is a bunch of stuff, the school has handled it about as well as you can with protecting themselves and not completely destroying Ollie. They gave him an out and his hubris wouldn't allow it. He wanted every dollar and now I hope he gets nothing.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
We're not escaping this without some NCAA sanctions are we? Too many people know about all this stuff he was doing.
Well Hurley is no fool, I don’t think he would have jumped wholeheartedly into a burning ship, so if we do get pegged, I’m thinking more along the lines of a scholarship or two. But I can never predict what the ncaa does, thought Unc would get something....was very wrong about that

Reaction Score
That’s why you have gag orders and other reasons.
Chief, I implore you, please be careful. We can't risk having you violate the gag order. Too much is at stake here and you're too important a figure to be reckless. We all appreciate the position that you're currently in and understand the restrictions on what you can and cannot provide us.

Reaction Score
Herbst and Benedict are in a tough spot because their job is to generate money and armed robbery was their only path to the loot. But that doesn't mean they aren't the bad guys. They negotiated the contract and didn't have the courage to own up to their mistakes. They are both completely gutless and their actions are a stain not just on the program but the school.

If people on this board could step out from their bubble for just a second, they'd see that they themselves are the real victims of Herbst and Benedict's incompetence. I get the fact that you don't think Ollie deserved his buyout, trust me I do. But the reason there is a hierarchy in place is to prevent situations like this where the customer gets bent over. Administrators are supposed to be held accountable for the failings of the people they hire. The fact that some of you pretend to not understand how our economy works because you can't get past a grudge is sad.

"But Ollie signed the contract. In the real world, when you sign a contract, there are consequences for not complying."

This is not the real world and the NCAA is not a real mediator. You all know this and choose to ignore it because it's inconvenient. The NCAA runs a business, meaning they profit from ticket and merchandise sales, not compliance. Again, this isn't hard stuff. Kevin Ollie signed the contract he did because he put people in the seats. The fact that the school proceeded to self-report violations once it became clear that business was lagging to get out of the contract is something you'd see in an Al Pacino film. This is not normal. Even by the standards of college sports, this is not normal. It's blatant corruption and a violation of worker rights on the most fundamental level. That this injustice is systematic and not necessarily pertinent to the particulars of this case does not matter.

When an NCAA investigation is in the best financial interest of a school, you need to blow the model up. Rationalizing this was one thing when everyone's interests aligned - players got paid under the table, everyone profited. Now that these shenanigans have compromised the integrity of the school/coach agreement, I am drawing a firm line in the sand. This practice - irrespective of how you feel about Ollie - is wrong and it's obvious.

Reaction Score
Herbst and Benedict are in a tough spot because their job is to generate money and armed robbery was their only path to the loot. But that doesn't mean they aren't the bad guys. They negotiated the contract and didn't have the courage to own up to their mistakes. They are both completely gutless and their actions are a stain not just on the program but the school.

If people on this board could step out from their bubble for just a second, they'd see that they themselves are the real victims of Herbst and Benedict's incompetence. I get the fact that you don't think Ollie deserved his buyout, trust me I do. But the reason there is a hierarchy in place is to prevent situations like this where the customer gets bent over. Administrators are supposed to be held accountable for the failings of the people they hire. The fact that some of you pretend to not understand how our economy works because you can't get past a grudge is sad.

"But Ollie signed the contract. In the real world, when you sign a contract, there are consequences for not complying."

This is not the real world and the NCAA is not a real mediator. You all know this and choose to ignore it because it's inconvenient. The NCAA runs a business, meaning they profit from ticket and merchandise sales, not compliance. Again, this isn't hard stuff. Kevin Ollie signed the contract he did because he put people in the seats. The fact that the school proceeded to self-report violations once it became clear that business was lagging to get out of the contract is something you'd see in an Al Pacino film. This is not normal. Even by the standards of college sports, this is not normal. It's blatant corruption and a violation of worker rights on the most fundamental level. That this injustice is systematic and not necessarily pertinent to the particulars of this case does not matter.

When an NCAA investigation is in the best financial interest of a school, you need to blow the model up. Rationalizing this was one thing when everyone's interests aligned - players got paid under the table, everyone profited. Now that these shenanigans have compromised the integrity of the school/coach agreement, I am drawing a firm line in the sand. This practice - irrespective of how you feel about Ollie - is wrong and it's obvious.
This is arguably the most tone deaf
nonsensical post I've seen here. It's like reading a 12 year old kid trying to put together a coherent post with a dictionary in front of him. Pro tip, being incessantly long-winded doesn't make what you're saying profound, it has the opposite effect.

It takes about 20 words. Our former coach was tasked with winning games and not breaking rules. He didn't win games and he's a cheat. Contract was breached, goodbye and good luck.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
If he paid a recruits mom 30 grand to move here were about to be hammered by the NCAA.

We won’t have to pay Ollie tho.

Yes, we won't have to pay him, but at what point does this crazy train go totally off the rails and the NCAA hits the entire AD with "lack of institutional control" yet again? Mark Emmert is drooling somewhere over that prospect. By self-reporting this stuff in their zeal to walk away from the stupid contract they gave Ollie and save 10.6 million, it's conceivable they may have sunk their own ship.

What's even more beyond stupid is you can give jobs to parents of recruits and it's not an NCAA violation. Duke did it with Duhon's mom and in another case they hired both parents of a recruit as professors. All Ollie had to do was get this woman a job at UConn and pay her the $30k for her job.

I'd also be willing to bet nobody in our AD ever shared this particular tidbit of info with Coach Hurley.

Suzy and Benedict run our AD like Moe, Larry and Curley would have.

Reaction Score
I dont Know all the details but I know The NCAA changed the rule where u can’t hire parents as director of opps, player development, only as full time assistant. I dont Know if that rule extends into all academic fields I think It may.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom