Has Clingan’s FT% decreased since the tooth injury game? | The Boneyard

Has Clingan’s FT% decreased since the tooth injury game?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I was thinking today about how DC had the tooth knocked out (against GTown?)

What would the FT stats be before that incident vs. after?

He may be mentally impacted or distracted by the mouth guard that he now wears.

Reaction Score
He has a smooth shooting stroke. Not sure how his FT % is so low. He drains 3’s in warmups too so I’m hoping a full offseason will turn him into an unstoppable offensive force

By my eye, he starting with the ball too high pauses too long by his set point... leads to minimal arc and he back rims the shots usually. I'd have to look more carefully but I'd wonder about inconsistency in his routine and hand position too.

Reaction Score

If you go back and rewatch some early season games (before he lost the tooth), he was wearing the mouthguard in some of those games (I remember because there were some funny screenshots of him wearing it). Not sure why he stopped. I'm sure he wishes he didn't given what ended up happening.

As @husky429 mentioned, it's likely just a small tweak in his form that's needed to cut down on the misses (which almost always are back-rim misses).

Reaction Score
I can't imagine the tooth incident would have any effect. Does anyone know what his HS FT% was? I know that question has been asked in multiple threads previously. His shot form looks good to me.

Reaction Score

U are kidding right.?? This is why I wonder who really is on this site and what they bring...please recruiting updates will be fine but this..god..I have way to many ignored threads but thanks for putting ignore as an option...

Reaction Score
I can't imagine the tooth incident would have any effect. Does anyone know what his HS FT% was? I know that question has been asked in multiple threads previously. His shot form looks good to me.
People have said it's around 75% but HS stats are notoriously unreliable, especially in public school leagues

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He has a smooth shooting stroke. Not sure how his FT % is so low. He drains 3’s in warmups too so I’m hoping a full offseason will turn him into an unstoppable offensive force
He has so many bunnies and free throws rim out. I’m not too concerned because he’s not bricking anything too hard. I think he’s rushing things offensively. Free throws just take practice (look at sanogo’s improvement year over year)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
By my eye, he starting with the ball too high pauses too long by his set point... leads to minimal arc and he back rims the shots usually. I'd have to look more carefully but I'd wonder about inconsistency in his routine and hand position too.

He seemed more smooth earlier in the season. Ball was online which is a huge first step for big men shooting FT's. Yeah, it seemed flat but his body motion seemed relaxed and his stroke looked decent.

Lately he seems a bit more contorted and tense shooting and ball isn't always online. Overall a 7'2" freshman shooting 50% isn't end of the world. I think he's around 65%-70% next year which is fine.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He has so many bunnies and free throws rim out. I’m not too concerned because he’s not bricking anything too hard. I think he’s rushing things offensively. Free throws just take practice (look at sanogo’s improvement year over year)
He seems a bit rushed near the rim. That’ll change with more time and experience. He’s got it all to be great

Reaction Score
100% looks rushed on those missed bunnies. Most of those he can just straight up dunk the ball over the defender too. I suspect we will see that next season

Reaction Score
Form looks pretty good for a 7’2 freshman. As husky429 said there’s just some small issues with technique.

If the staff can turn Adama Sanogo into a 40% 3 point shooter (lol) and 76% FT shooter, then I have no doubt Clingan will be a reliable FT shooter and even jumpshooter soon, even with all of his teeth knocked out

g_smith

Reaction Score
Thank you everyone for turning my somewhat OT thread into an informative and entertaining side thread lol

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

No Way Reaction GIF by Bounce

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

That's it!!!!!!!!! He has become a fraidy-scared wimp!!!

g_smith

Reaction Score
That's it!!!!!!!!! He has become a fraidy-scared wimp!!!
I mean if I had my tooth knocked out of my face and then had to get a full implant at 18 I would probably be shook up but ok.

Now at 31, probably not so much.

Reaction Score
Prior to Xavier home game Donovan was shooting just free throws in pregame warmup. It showed me he was not comfortable with his free throw shot. He will get there. Hopefully in season soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom