Has anybody heard or think that Sam Brunelle is leaning to ND? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Has anybody heard or think that Sam Brunelle is leaning to ND?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It was in the past week that I saw a comment from Geno that the 2019 class is not as strong as the past two classes and the 2020 class is much stronger. In my own limited view, I would tend to agree with Geno so the "plenty of talent", especially a big, is a tad concerning. Ezi or Amere would help with that...
Far be it for me to disagree with Geno because he just might be setting a smoke screen here. The way I see things is 2018 is a strong class for Post players, 2019 is a strong class for Wings, 2020 is an extremely strong class for PGs and it's too early to tell for 2121.
UCONN needs all 3 type of players and just because a class is not strong in a certain position doesn't mean you can't find a player in the class that is capable of contributing at UCONN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND could very well be national champs next year. They get B. Turner and M.Vaughn back to go with Shepherd.
Vaughn is going to be much better than her Hoopgurlz 50’s rating.
I think they lose that good sg that is being forced to play pg this year though.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So that is not Geno, on the football field, with UCONN recruits, in the UCONN football stadium?
The level of deception in that photos is remarkable.
Coco, apparently you continually fall for this faux-foto deception stuff. If you are Geno, are you really going to take recruits to a UConn Football game or are you going to go for the juggler....and take them for a tour of the Dairy Barn? Hmmmmm? Seals the deal every time.

geno_recruit_barn.jpg

Reaction Score
How do we know her parents weren't with her when she visited ND? Her hometown is approx. 630 miles from Notre Dame regardless of who else was there.
I have no idea. I was speaking in general.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was in the past week that I saw a comment from Geno that the 2019 class is not as strong as the past two classes and the 2020 class is much stronger. In my own limited view, I would tend to agree with Geno so the "plenty of talent", especially a big, is a tad concerning. Ezi or Amere would help with that...
I found that surprising. I thought the 2019 class has a bunch of talent, but we know that 2020 is loaded.

Reaction Score
I found that surprising. I thought the 2019 class has a bunch of talent, but we know that 2020 is loaded.

I think any of these players from 2019 would look good in UConn uniforms but I'll settle for three........................Brunelle, Amihere, Jones, Boston, Beal

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND could very well be national champs next year. They get B. Turner and M.Vaughn back to go with Shepherd.
I think they lose that good sg that is being forced to play pg this year though.

The three starting guards -- Mabrey, Ogunbowale and Young -- are all back next year. While grad transfer Lili Thompson does not have any further eligibility, freshman PG Jordan Nixon comes aboard to possibly join that rotation (as Thompson was doing).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It was in the past week that I saw a comment from Geno that the 2019 class is not as strong as the past two classes and the 2020 class is much stronger.

You sure about that? I haven't seen that and it would kinda amaze me that he would talk in-depth about the strength of future recruiting pools.

Reaction Score
The three starting guards -- Mabrey, Ogunbowale and Young -- are all back next year. While grad transfer Lili Thompson does not have any further eligibility, freshman PG Jordan Nixon comes aboard to possibly join that rotation (as Thompson was doing).

well it looks like you have the guard position covered.............how about those forwards?

Reaction Score
...uh, no

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You sure about that? I haven't seen that and it would kinda amaze me that he would talk in-depth about the strength of future recruiting pools.
Yes, and the more I think about it, it might have been the video with the annoying reporter in the Ranger t-shirt that Rocky so kindly pointed out to me...Head bang

Thanks Rock!!! Aaarrrrggghhhh...:mad::rolleyes:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
well it looks like you have the guard position covered...how about those forwards?

It's a bit strange with the injuries, recoveries, transfers out and in, but it goes something like this up front:

High post Kat Westbeld graduates and grad student Koko Nelson has her final year of eligibility. Nelson has backed up at both the high and low post this season and has had a wonderful and timely final season.

Next year (2018-19), expect to see (knock on wood):
- At low post: Brianna Turner, backed up by Mik Vaughn.
- At high post: Jessica Shepard, with back-up furnished by one or the other (or both) of the two Danielles from Long Island: sophomore Patterson or frosh Cosgrove.

Patterson is pretty nimble and athletic and can see her being used when MM wants to go up and down the court. Cosgrove has a bit of Shepard's ability to play inside and outside. But she is a frosh, so some patience will be necessary. Of course, MM will probably be overjoyed to have Turner and Shep on the floor at the same time....

Reaction Score
It's a bit strange with the injuries, recoveries, transfers out and in, but it goes something like this up front:

High post Kat Westbeld graduates and grad student Koko Nelson has her final year of eligibility. Nelson has backed up at both the high and low post this season and has had a wonderful and timely final season.

Next year (2018-19), expect to see (knock on wood):
- At low post: Brianna Turner, backed up by Mik Vaughn.
- At high post: Jessica Shepard, with back-up furnished by one or the other (or both) of the two Danielles from Long Island: sophomore Patterson or frosh Cosgrove.

Patterson is pretty nimble and athletic and can see her being used when MM wants to go up and down the court. Cosgrove has a bit of Shepard's ability to play inside and outside. But she is a frosh, so some patience will be necessary. Of course, MM will probably be overjoyed to have Turner and Shep on the floor at the same time....

what about wings..........is Young going to play there ?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
what about wings.....is Young going to play there ?

Wings? I'm sorry, this year things are a bit crazed with our three guards transposing roles often during quarters. In 2018-19, I would imagine that Young is the designated wing or large guard per se. Jackie could be backed up by Abby Prohaska or -- if ND wants to go big -- perhaps Danielle Patterson.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
what about wings.....is Young going to play there ?

Young and Ogunbowale. Mabrey on the wing when Nixon covers PG. Gilbert and Prohaska off the bench.

Taking wing to mean SG and SF (2 and 3) here.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Young and Ogunbowale. Mabrey on the wing when Nixon covers PG. Gilbert and Prohaska off the bench.

Taking wing to mean SG and SF (2 and 3) here.

I usually interpret as the small forward, but under your take, totally agree.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I usually interpret as the small forward, but under your take, totally agree.
Next year, ND will be formidable but I don’t think Cosgrove will see much time. Given your style, with Shepard, Turner, Patterson and Young, not much opportunity will be afforded to her.
Your back up guard play will be more critical given you will have 2 Seniors.

Reaction Score
I may be crazy but I think ND really has as good a shot as anyone to be champs next year. L’ville better take care of them in the ACC tournament. If they don’t take advantage of ND’s injuries I don’t see them getting it done next year against them. I thought Mabry was a senior.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I may be crazy but I think ND really has as good a shot as anyone to be champs next year. L’ville better take care of them in the ACC tournament. If they don’t take advantage of ND’s injuries I don’t see them getting it done next year against them. I thought Mabry was a senior.

Perhaps because that's because there always seems to be a Mabrey around :D and one figures "
"she's got to be graduating this year." In addition, Marina (this Mabrey) has been playing steadily since her freshman year and virtually non-stop this season. Lastly, she's recently started doing something during games that her older sister, Michaela, did. She'll start off the game with her hair flowing, then after the first quarter or half, will put it up in that "Cindy Lou-Who" bun that her older sister was known for. Makes you lose sense of time....;) (I know, that's an ND thing....)

You're right about Louisville...with Hines-Allen graduating and Turner/Vaughn coming back to join Shepard, this is the year to pounce.

Reaction Score
I don't see Brunelle landing at Notre Dame. I don't think she's one of those "UConn or bust" girls, but I do think ultimately she'll end up there.

She's got 4 schools on her final 9 that are near home. If it were 1990, she might be going to UVA. If it were 2000, maybe Duke. But I don't see her passing up UConn in 2018.

She eliminated Stanford despite having the grades to get in. I don't think the academic prestige of Notre Dame is enough to lure her to South Bend.

But I was surprised when Brianna Turner picked Notre Dame. So maybe McGraw can pull off another coup with Brunelle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom