Has anybody heard or think that Sam Brunelle is leaning to ND? | The Boneyard

Has anybody heard or think that Sam Brunelle is leaning to ND?

Reaction Score
Has anybody heard or think that Samantha Brunelle is leaning towards ND?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've hear some mention of it on Muffet's Bench and, if I recall correctly (always a dubious proposition) it had its source in a twitter photo post.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I remember thinking so when she and a bunch of other recruits all attended a Notre Dame football game last Fall. My main reasons for thinking that were just the basic out-of-pocket expense, and Notre Dame's very small roster which result in lots of early playing time for Sam.

Reaction Score
She's like many of the top recruits, they are taking their time, making multiple visits and have shown no clear indication of a favorite................I would suspect that she will cut her list by the end of the summer at the latest

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She's definitely following Notre Dame related news. She "liked" a tweet about Paige Bueckers on a Notre Dame recruit feed Saturday.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She attended Niele-fest (h/t @Dillon77).

She was photographed with Bueckers and Tim Fudd (Azzi's father) and all 3 were wearing ND gear.

I think anything beyond that is guesswork.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She was photographed with Bueckers and Tim Fudd (Azzi's father) and all 3 were wearing ND gear.
Samantha has visited UCONN since that "Niele-fest" (hate that phrase BTW) and brought her parents with her.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She's like many of the top recruits, they are taking their time, making multiple visits and have shown no clear indication of a favorite......I would suspect that she will cut her list by the end of the summer at the latest

Charlie and I (and a number of us) have had multiple conversations about how numerous top recruits are seemingly:
- calling the shots in their recruiting process;
- visiting multiple and different types of schools; and/or
- keeping a list of finalists close to the vest (or inside the vest).

Regardless of the reason, if this approach helps make them make a more informed decision that results in a constructive, happy collegiate career, I'm all for it.

As for an interest in ND, well if Ms. Brunelle, Ms. Bueckers at al, had a good time at "Nielefest" and want to wear some swag, well why not?
To the b-ball end of that equation: At ND, I could see Sam very much fitting in a variation of the Kat Westbeld high-post role; but, I could also see her equally fitting in what UConn does. It shouldn't surprise anyone both offensive sets would catch her interest.

As Charlie and Orangutan have said, we'll see....one thing we'll all agree on is her future is bright :cool: ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the '19 and '20 classes are full of really excellent recruits so there should be plenty of talent to go around.....................of course they'll be a few less after UConn chooses the one's they want..................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Are you in the camp that prefers "recruitapalooza"?

I'll be watching to see how many recruits from the ND LoveFest actually enroll there................if it's more then two you can bet that every school will be copying the idea...................the heck with football games...............UConn will entertain their recruits at the first annual "Running of the Chickens...........or Cows"...................:eek:

Reaction Score
I'll be watching to see how many recruits from the ND LoveFest actually enroll there......if it's more then two you can bet that every school will be copying the idea....the heck with football games.....UConn will entertain their recruits at the first annual "Running of the Chickens......or Cows"....:eek:
Or the first annual "Licking of the ice cream."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom