Hartford to Host NCAA Tournament in 2019 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hartford to Host NCAA Tournament in 2019

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I know this won't happen, but theoretically could we just schedule 3 games there for that season only so we are eligible to play there?

No because we are the "host" school. The host school can't play at the site no matter how many games are played there. Villanova is always able to get around this at Wells Fargo because the A10 or one of the other Philly schools is labeled the host.

Reaction Score
Gov. Malloy's statement:

"The NCAA's announcement that they are choosing Hartford to host the uh, uh, uh, uh, men's basketball tournament for the first time in over 20 years is uh, uh, uh, uh, proof positive that our state and our capital city remain attractive destinations for uh, uh, uh, uh, large-scale events like this. Above all, this is exciting news for uh, uh, uh, uh, businesses who will benefit from the uh, uh, uh, uh, increased economic output that a tournament of this size will bring to the uh, uh, uh, uh, region."

Reaction Score
Love this. Amazing they'd put it here without the giant upgrades because that arena might be the worst in all of North America.

It is no big thing. There are worse arenas out there. Albany for instance.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It's a shame. I have to believe that our guys being acclimated to the smell of deep frying oil is probably worth 8-10 points a game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Gov. Malloy's statement:

"The NCAA's announcement that they are choosing Hartford to host the uh, uh, uh, uh, men's basketball tournament for the first time in over 20 years is uh, uh, uh, uh, proof positive that our state and our capital city remain attractive destinations for uh, uh, uh, uh, large-scale events like this. Above all, this is exciting news for uh, uh, uh, uh, businesses who will benefit from the uh, uh, uh, uh, increased economic output that a tournament of this size will bring to the uh, uh, uh, uh, region."

Yikes making fun of people with disabilities...

Do you also make fun of paraplegic people?

Reaction Score

Is being a horrible public speaker a disability? Actually being a politician with a 29% approval rating might be a disability.

Reaction Score
i don't like Malloy but the dude's dyslexic so yeah, that's a disability.
If you are a Governor of a state you can be made fun of for the way you speak. You are a public figure who speaks to the public for a living, its part of the gig.

If you are offended by @AreBee1969 joke you need to grow and lighten up snowflake.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

A learning difficulty that may not even affect his speech, but far from a disability.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they should host it at the Mohegan Sun

idiots

(although maybe they can't, IDK, just saying)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you are a Governor of a state you can be made fun of for the way you speak. You are a public figure who speaks to the public for a living, its part of the gig.

If you are offended by @AreBee1969 joke you need to grow and lighten up snowflake.

What's the point of your second paragraph?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gov. Malloy's statement:

You have a great handle

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It is written in English, not sure why you cannot understand it.

I didn't say anything about not being able to understand what you wrote. I asked, in English, what was the point of your second paragraph. I still wonder.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
A disability is mostly used as a problem that keeps you from working. It is confirmed by the Social Security Administration. A learning difficulty (or disability) is different and his protection from being fired is irrelevant to someone mocking his speech. Also, speaking publicly would be a requirement of his job so he would not be protected.

Reaction Score
The best local hoops news in a long time and this is what we get

Reaction Score
Is being a horrible public speaker a disability? Actually being a politician with a 29% approval rating might be a disability.

Maybe you should educate yourself before you speak. It's something you could learn from Malloy, who has almost certainly accomplished more from less.

From Yale's Dyslexia Page:

Born with severe dyslexia and motor-control problems, he was unable to walk steadily or to execute simple tasks like tying his shoes and buttoning his clothes.

One of his teachers labeled him “mentally r*******”€ as a fourth grader; another hung his failed spelling tests on the wall beside those of “A”€ students. “It's a tribute to my mother that I never envisioned that I wouldn't be successful; I just didn't know how I'd do it,”€ he says.

He also wrote papers orally, dictating them to his future wife, Cathy, whom he met as a freshman. While Malloy is a fluent reader, reading aloud is difficult, so he plans speeches in his head and delivers them without consulting a written text.

Too bad there's no cure for being a garbage human.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Geez. I come here multiple times a day to see if he have any good recruiting news and every thread I open up is poisoned. Not opening anything unless a commit is confirmed in the title, lol.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is kinda random but has anyone ever thought about what would happen if the University of Dayton were selected to play in the 'First Four'? Isn't it at University of Dayton arena?

Reaction Score
Maybe you should educate yourself before you speak. It's something you could learn from Malloy, who has almost certainly accomplished more from less.

From Yale's Dyslexia Page:

Too bad there's no cure for being a garbage human.

That's a fair point, I did not know that he was dyslexic nor did I know his struggles from childhood.

As for calling me a "garbage human" based on one post where I proved my ignorance to Malloy's disability is just as ignorant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom