Hartford to Host NCAA Tournament in 2019 | The Boneyard

Hartford to Host NCAA Tournament in 2019

Reaction Score
Wow, I hope we make the field
Host team can't play there.

You can't play on your home floor. UConn used to qualify to play in Hartford because we played less than a certain percentage of home games at the HCC. I think that's why U. Hartford used to be the host when the games were there. Now that number is much smaller and we'd never be able to play there in the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score

You can't play on your home floor. UConn used to qualify to play in Hartford because we played less than a certain percentage of home games at the HCC. I think that's why U. Hartford used to be the host when the games were there. Now that number is much smaller and we'd never be able to play there in the NCAA tournament.
Can't play more than 3 regular season games on that Court

Reaction Score
I used to work across the street from the HCC . I got tickets for '98. Went into work in the morning and was able to park at my normal lot. People were so pissed that there was no parking for people coming for the noon games on Thursday. People were parking down at the Xfinity Theatre and having to walk to HCC.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Can't play more than 3 regular season games on that Court

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Wow, I hope we make the field

Based on our recent run of luck, I expect to see the following matchups for the 2019 NCAA tournament in Hartford:

Game 1 : (6) Providence v (11) Southern Cal
Game 2 : (3) Louisville v (14) Georgetown

In game 1, Providence wins with 16 assists from Makai Ashton-Langford. Those assists are primarily based on huge games from the Providence front court (coached by Glen Miller).

In game 2, Georgetown pulls off a huge upset with a coast-to-coast buzzer beater from Tremont Waters. Coach Ewing says that they win because of the in-game adjustments orchestrated by associate coach Karl Hobbs.

In the pod finals, Providence beats Georgetown in a classic battle between sophomore all-American guards. MALs 35 pts / 12 assts performance outdoes Waters' 42 pts / 7 assts in an instant classic featuring two future NBA guards who battle for the next 20 years in the NBA.

The all-tournament team for the pod will be:

PG : MAL (Providence)
SG : Waters (Georgetown)
SF : Vance Jackson (Southern Cal)
PF : Juwan Durham (Louisville)
C : Steven Enoch (Louisville)

Reaction Score
So I have to hope we make the field next season then, I see TD Garden is hosting regional finals...

and me hoping we make the tourney field is Debbie downer-ing? I think you should upgrade what you classify as being a Debbie Downer for 2017

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Based on our recent run of luck, I expect to see the following matchups for the 2019 NCAA tournament in Hartford:

Game 1 : (6) Providence v (11) Southern Cal
Game 2 : (3) Louisville v (14) Georgetown

In game 1, Providence wins with 16 assists from Makai Ashton-Langford. Those assists are primarily based on huge games from the Providence front court (coached by Glen Miller).

In game 2, Georgetown pulls off a huge upset with a coast-to-coast buzzer beater from Tremont Waters. Coach Ewing says that they win because of the in-game adjustments orchestrated by associate coach Karl Hobbs.

In the pod finals, Providence beats Georgetown in a classic battle between sophomore all-American guards. MALs 35 pts / 12 assts performance outdoes Waters' 42 pts / 7 assts in an instant classic featuring two future NBA guards who battle for the next 20 years in the NBA.

The all-tournament team for the pod will be:

PG : MAL (Providence)
SG : Waters (Georgetown)
SF : Vance Jackson (Southern Cal)
PF : Juwan Durham (Louisville)
C : Steven Enoch (Louisville)
Well done, sir.

Reaction Score
So I have to hope we make the field next season then, I see TD Garden is hosting regional finals...

and me hoping we make the tourney field is Debbie downer-ing? I think you should upgrade what you classify as being a Debbie Downer for 2017
2019 is not next season, it is two season away. Boston is 2018, Hartford is 2019. You are all over the place

Reaction Score
Hopefully they control the parking lot owners. These are fun games. I loved it when Hartford previously hosted. Been a long time

Reaction Score
Surprised at the lack of northeast presence in the first round. I suppose South Carolina is the pairing with Hartford? Pretty shocking.

Reaction Score
2019 is not next season, it is two season away. Boston is 2018, Hartford is 2019. You are all over the place

No I think I'm on point now, I'm hoping we make the field next season and somehow can get to the regional finals so I can see it in Boston... which would be the 2018 season right? If "next" season is 2018, then I know what I'm saying now (but I didn't when I said I hoped UConn would make the 2019 field now that I know we couldn't be placed in the Hartford regional)

Reaction Score
Isn't one of the regional finals at the Garden too? Or is that this coming tournament?

Reaction Score
Love this. Amazing they'd put it here without the giant upgrades because that arena might be the worst in all of North America.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom