Hartford > Gampel | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Hartford > Gampel

Reaction Score
No ones going to a mid week game against average opponents at XL. A loud student section more than makes up for the 500-1000 fans that aren’t going to make the trip. Save XL for Villanova type games , and and breaks. I really don’t care where the games are played. I’ll be there. But let’s stop pretending that we’re traveling to Timbuktu. I drive 40 min to work everyday. Driving a hour to Gampel is not a big deal

I've generally been able to offload XL tickets to people that work in Hartford. I could never get rid of Gampel tickets unless there was marquee opponent. Right or wrong convenience matters to people.

IMHO, they should never have games at XL unless it is break or it will be a sellout. To me Gampel > XL for sure. But if the slate was 100% one or the other I'd end up at more XL games just because it is easier.

3 weeks ago I flew to STL and drove to Southern Ill. to watch my son run for 9 minutes and then flew home from Evansville. I'm heading to Chicago this weekend for the MVC Indoor Track Championships. Still doesn't mean I'm going to drive to Storrs on a Tuesday night to see us play a <.500 team. I might go to XL for the same game, because I can meet up with people before/after the game, etc. The juice needs to be worth the squeeze, so they say.

Reaction Score
I've generally been able to offload XL tickets to people that work in Hartford. I could never get rid of Gampel tickets unless there was marquee opponent. Right or wrong convenience matters to people.

IMHO, they should never have games at XL unless it is break or it will be a sellout. To me Gampel > XL for sure. But if the slate was 100% one or the other I'd end up at more XL games just because it is easier.

3 weeks ago I flew to STL and drove to Southern Ill. to watch my son run for 9 minutes and then flew home from Evansville. I'm heading to Chicago this weekend for the MVC Indoor Track Championships. Still doesn't mean I'm going to drive to Storrs on a Tuesday night to see us play a <.500 team. I might go to XL for the same game, because I can meet up with people before/after the game, etc. The juice needs to be worth the squeeze, so they say.
I don’t think we should axe XL completely. Some games make sense.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I've been a UConn BB fan for over 50 years and still pay money and go to games yet here's a numbnut that keeps saying I want the program to fail. Because I support a status quo that has brought us four titles. We've won more that Kansas and they hired Naismith. Playing home games in a barn clearly gets the program prepared to play in the buildings where the Big Dance is held. UConn is known for bringing it in any region. Would that have come with all the home games in an often indifferent on-campus facility? I say no. I clearly want continued success for a program that does things their way. This guy wants UConn to just fall in line.

Me me me, I I I.

Students, coaches, players, many fans want it different, but you want ME ME ME ME ME, so telling.

Also so very Connecticut to never want anything to change. Evolve.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Me me me, I I I.

Students, coaches, players, many fans want it different, but you want ME ME ME ME ME, so telling.

Also so very Connecticut to never want anything to change. Evolve.
Again, because you keep making the same unfounded accusation. It's not about me. I want what's best for the program and think people like you who don't buy season tickets have it wrong. Move all the games to Gampel and my life will continue to be pretty good. But the program will end up with less revenue and less overall fan support without a corresponding competitive advantage. I know I'm in the minority but I'm usually right about these things.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom