Hartford Courant on Diarra | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hartford Courant on Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And Oriakhi was top 20. And Sticks and Roscoe were both top 30 (even though RS especially thought he was a 3).

I forgot about AO. And Sticks and Roscoe were listed as SFs on Rivals even though they spent a lot of time at the 4 at UConn.

Reaction Score
I like Samuel a lot, but he earned a vote of no confidence. There were plenty of minutes to be won last year, and he got a lot of chances to win them. When he got opportunities, he played poorly.
TSam played hard but the fact is he wasn't good enough in any area to warrant minutes at the major Div. l level. His PT would be about 5 minutes a game on next years team so I think it was the best decision for him to transfer somewhere where he can play more.

Reaction Score
Regarding T Sam, It's KO's job to out recruit the talent on the team, you're either going to get better or ride the pine, it's not personal

Reaction Score
Robinson was a 3. He spent most of his time with Thabeet and Adrien also on the floor.

Reaction Score
Robinson was a 3. He spent most of his time with Thabeet and Adrien also on the floor.

Sure, but after Curtis Kelly basically went missing during the middle of '08, Robinson was the 4th(and sometimes third) big for the rest of his career.

Reaction Score
Sure, but after Curtis Kelly basically went missing during the middle of '08, Robinson was the 4th(and sometimes third) big for the rest of his career.

True, but Robinson was recruited as a 3 and played more 3 than 4. I was wrong including him as a big.

Reaction Score
johnhuskies95 said:

Not really. In 2009, Adrien + Thabeet + Edwards = 80 minutes (not counting blowouts or 6 OT games). In 2010, Majok and Okwandu backed up Edwards and AO - I'm sure there were times we were trailing and went small, but more out of desperation than strategy.

Always felt Sticks and Rudy would be great college stretch 4s but we never really used them in that role. It wasn't until personnel dictated that we had to try Roscoe at the 4 that we really had a 4 with wing skills (post-Marshalls).

Reaction Score
Not really. In 2009, Adrien + Thabeet + Edwards = 80 minutes (not counting blowouts or 6 OT games). In 2010, Majok and Okwandu backed up Edwards and AO - I'm sure there were times we were trailing and went small, but more out of desperation than strategy.

Always felt Sticks and Rudy would be great college stretch 4s but we never really used them in that role. It wasn't until personnel dictated that we had to try Roscoe at the 4 that we really had a 4 with wing skills (post-Marshalls).

That's why I said 4th big. Saying he played there a lot is too much, but he slid over there for stretches, especially his senior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom