OT: - Hartford Athletics Possible Drop to D3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Hartford Athletics Possible Drop to D3

Reaction Score
Gonzaga 3 forever!!!
I’m not saying this because I’m a Fairfield U alum, but I dislike Sacred Heart. Its like a small annoying little brother to Fairfield with worse academics.

In the heirarchy of smaller CT universities, Fairfield is at the top followed by Quinnipiac and Sacred Heart. Hartford is closer to the bottom.
What about Wesleyan, Trinity, Connecticut College and USCG Academy?

Reaction Score
My arrogant self will confidently say below Fairfield.
I’m a Fairfield dad. I would say no on Trinity and Wesleyan. USCG is in a different classification. I’ve never been impressed by Connecticut College even though my niece goes there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hartford should join the NEC. Soccer must also be a scholarship sport (at least to some extent).

Reaction Score
How is a UHart type school even still around? I grew up in the hartford suburbs and have never heard of anyone even considering going there. Who is paying 50k/year to go to a school that has zero national or local recognition? Colleges like that seem like the biggest scam in the world

No offense to any UHart grads on here lol

Reaction Score
Starting guard DJ Mitchell wrote a letter to the UHart's president + some blurbs from Some Guy

https://www.ctpost.com/sports/artic..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

Reaction Score
The boards favorite troll actually had the scoop. Credit to him. Pretty damning email but nothing will come of it. Seems that they are full steam ahead
Just read the article. Sounds like it was a zoom class screen share gone wrong. I’m sorry but that’s just stupid you deserve to get caught if you are sending sketchy emails while you are sharing your screen.

Reaction Score
Nothing may come of it. But, if the media truly was going to do their job, they would question the UHar president about this continuously until they got an answer. It’s great to get that email. Now, follow up and put him on the spot and make him answer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just read the article. Sounds like it was a zoom class screen share gone wrong. I’m sorry but that’s just stupid you deserve to get caught if you are sending sketchy emails while you are sharing your screen.

Rule #1 when presenting from your computer and are hooked up to a network- Close email, close Skype or whatever, shutoff all notifications.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I once had a Match.com email popup during a Zoom job interview. I wasn't even using Match (I did a free trial many years ago). Quite embarrassing.

I use my computer to present quite often. Fortunately I'm usually offline.
Also, our computers do not have cameras which is nice.

When I am online for a presentation I'll have a coworker send me an email or message prior to the start to makele sure it doesn't pop up.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Reaction Score
The problem at UHa is simple - it is over priced for the average student in the market and they are over subsidizing student-athletes to maintain D-I teams

Hartford has a sticker price of about $60k (tuition/fees/room & board) - but no one pays that. Why would anyone?

Most students pay closer to $30k a year (53% discount), while student-athletes pay much, much less - closer to $5k (94% discount).

Hartford already has a 75% acceptance rate, so they can't do anything academically to grow enrollment. Moving to a model where those 325 students athletes pay an extra $25k a year will help the books (about $8M a year in new revenue). But they aren't very competitive now in America East now, so its a hard pill to ask the student-athletes to pay more to attend and get better athletes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Bump. It’s official. I feel very bad for the current student athletes and coaches. I also feel for John Gallagher who did tremendous things for the basketball program this year.

Reaction Score
They just sent out an email to students making it official

Attachments

• 599B5621-7763-49A4-AA82-6C37006D2652.png
    599B5621-7763-49A4-AA82-6C37006D2652.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 116

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Bump. It’s official. I feel very bad for the current student athletes and coaches. I also feel for John Gallagher who did tremendous things for the basketball program this year.

Gallagher might be able to get another D1 job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom