(Happy Thanksgiving) What are you most thankful for regarding our Huskies this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

(Happy Thanksgiving) What are you most thankful for regarding our Huskies this year?

Reaction Score
That we're a fun team to watch again and players are clearly developing for the first time in years. The kids have passion again, which is contagious.

Not very often this happens but on Sunday at the same time I had UVA on ESPN and UCONN on ESPN2 (or vice versa...cant' remember) and it was probably 70/30 watching a UCONN blowout instead of a tight game for a top 10 UVA. That ratio would have been way different the past few years

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
thankful not to have to carry around one of those grocery store plastic bags to clean up a mess the dawgs left on a sidewalk, and we have to pick it up before someone sees it. now, we can poop anywhere, and it will be on tv as an espn highlight. hmmm, bag ban? no more clean-ups? kismet!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This guy....

1574873488977.png

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
They are starting to evolve into a Uconn/Dan Hurley 10 deep dynamo that looks like a relentless pressure defense and fast break offense. Run opponents off the floor by the second half and be the kind of team that others don't enjoy playing. Couldn't be more grateful at this point of the season. Thanks Huskies!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
They are starting to evolve into a Uconn/Dan Hurley 10 deep dynamo that looks like a relentless pressure defense and fast break offense. Run opponents off the floor by the second half and be the kind of team that others don't enjoy playing. Couldn't be more grateful at this point of the season. Thanks Huskies!
'right joe, we are the men!'
'ten deep dynamo!'

dang, the labels are getting fun again. thankful for that too!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That we're a fun team to watch again and players are clearly developing for the first time in years. The kids have passion again, which is contagious.

Not very often this happens but on Sunday at the same time I had UVA on ESPN and UCONN on ESPN2 (or vice versa...cant' remember) and it was probably 70/30 watching a UCONN blowout instead of a tight game for a top 10 UVA. That ratio would have been way different the past few years
Post/Handle

Reaction Score
For all the changes that transformed them from looking / playing like Turkeys.

Reaction Score
I most thankful for the returning passion and confidence from the player and the feeling of looking forward to the games again.....

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Superb recruiting and player development by coach Hurley and the staff. These guys are no longer wearing a losing mentality like underwear. They believe they're winners!! They believe they will restore UConn's former glory!! :D

Reaction Score
Thankful that we have a team good enough for us to be talking about rather than everyone being at each other's throats. (Chief doesn't count, he transcends common ground).

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Jibsey nailed mine. I'm glad UConn basketball is fun again. For a while there it wasn't.

Hurley and the coaches are great. The freshmen are exciting and full of potential. The jump of the sophomore class was all we could have hoped for. Everyone seems to have a role now. Those are all good things.

But in the end it all comes down to being excited about the games. That's back and I'm grateful for it.

Reaction Score
That we are leaving this awful conference and I no longer have to see that stupid A logo.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I am thankful that hope has been resurrected. Fun has replaced pain and angst.
I'm also thankful for this place where I can share the joy and the pain with others. Thanks mods, at al.
And thank you folks. Even for the dumbest arguments.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The Insight, comedic relief, and drama this site brings to its readers. I swear this Forum could be a tv show! The question is which actors play our members?

Reaction Score
I am thankful that hope has been resurrected. Fun has replaced pain and angst.
I'm also thankful for this place where I can share the joy and the pain with others. Thanks mods, at al.
And thank you folks. Even for the dumbest arguments.
I was going to say almost the same thing. I am thankful there is hope that UConn men's basketball can return to winning ways and national prominence and create new history and get good recruits in a great conference after it appeared the losing would never end and we could fade into oblivion nationally as a footnote in history and get mediocre players in a terrible conference FOREVER. I am thankful we are BACK!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

Yes yes yes yes, you got that right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom