(Happy Thanksgiving) What are you most thankful for regarding our Huskies this year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

(Happy Thanksgiving) What are you most thankful for regarding our Huskies this year?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I am thankful for Coach Hurley and his great staff, a roster that goes a legit 10 deep, 2 outstanding freshmen plus another two with promise, talented recruits on the way, and real hope for a bright future.

I'm just gonna piggy back on your post, because it expresses my feelings exactly.

Reaction Score
As well as everything all have mentioned already, Isaiah Whaleys development with his dependable 18 foot jumper, and much upgraded defensive rebounding and defense!!!

Reaction Score
Thankful that UConn has a good coach finally.

Kevin Ollie was a great player for UConn and even though he wasn't an NBA All Star he did have a decent NBA career and a lot to offer to college kids looking to take the next step. Calhoun took him on(obviously one of Jim's favorite sons) and tried to groom him for a coaching position but he was never ready for the head job at UConn that quickly. Why Calhoun and Warde Manuel pushed for him to lead the Huskies at that time is a mystery that will be contemplated. What kind of politics were involved in that decision? Did race play any role? That whole saga turned ugly and in a way I feel bad for Ollie. He was in over his head. While being distracted by personal issues(divorce) he brought in friends instead of the best assistants and they were not getting the job done. Recruiting slipped and some can argue that was due to the conference the Huskies ended up in. Some will say that the "crew" Ollie assembled couldn't recruit. How much did Glenn Miller resent the fact that he got passed over and how much poison did that situation effect the program? There is no doubt that no one on that staff could coach big men.

But... that's all water under the bridge now. Hurley is here. He's energetic. And if his team can match that enthusiasm then they are all one step ahead in the right direction. Recruiting seems to be picking up. Bouknight and Akok are pleasant surprises that they can contribute like they have this early. Rebounding seems to be better which was their major Achilles Heel the last few years. Carlton, Wilson, Polley, Whaley and Adams all look like they can hold their own in the AAC. Now, if Gilbert and Vital can find the rim and consistently contribute a combined 30+ points per game I think we'll all be very thankful come March.

:) Happy Thanksgiving :)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thankful that DH showed the moxie and did the right thing by backing AG
Thankful that 4* recruits are looking at Storrs with more than a passing interest and DH can relate to these kids
Thankful that DH has a great coaching staff that can teach effectively and come with great experience

Reaction Score
The fans! The support this year has been great, we've had the Huskies back through the tough loss against St. Joes and bounced right back. I made the trip to Gampel for the Florida game for my first game in a couple years and couldn't have asked for a better environment. Lets keep it goin, as Jon Rothstein would say, THIS IS ONLY NOVEMBER.

Reaction Score
playing like Turkeys.
turkey.jpeg

That these kids did not get down after the St.joes game and their awesome response after Xavier.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Surprised nobody else has taken this yet, so I gladly will.

JAMES. BOUKNIGHT.
I will echo your comment a bit different. I am thankful we have freshman who KNOW THE DAMN GAME!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom