OT: - Happy in Bama tonight. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Happy in Bama tonight.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
So did USC, and they were extremely disappointing this season. UW wasn't as good as they were supposed to be either. Pac 12 teams went 1-8 in bowl games last year and they'll probably do similarly bad this year. The conference has collectively gone down the toilet the last 2 years. Beating any Pac 12 team this year isn't much to brag about.

My point was simply that Vandy was somewhere between the 11th and 13th best SEC team and they gave ND, a certain playoff team, a scare. Georgia manhandled Vandy.

The SEC was probably stronger than most realize (or want to admit).

Reaction Score
CFP should be Alabama, Clemson, OSU, and Oklahoma. There's no point in discussing other teams that can't even win their conference championship game.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
CFP should be Alabama, Clemson, OSU, and Oklahoma. There's no point in discussing other teams that can't even win their conference championship game.

Last year's national champs didn't even make it to their conference championship game.

Reaction Score
Last year's national champs didn't even make it to their conference championship game.
That's fine, but there are four slots available, and five P5 conference champs. Pick the four from those five and call it a day.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
That's fine, but there are four slots available, and five P5 conference champs. Pick the four from those five and call it a day.

That would've left the best team out last year. I appreciate your opinion but it's flawed logic.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Austin Peay, MIddle Tennessee and UMass. And they are mediocre to bad FCS teams.
While none of these schools lends credibility to UGA schedule, I believe MTSU and UMass are both FBS schools.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Austin Peay, MIddle Tennessee and UMass. And they are mediocre to bad FCS teams.

Middle Tn and UMass are FBS teams. MTSU played in their conference championship game yesterday and nearly won. Not saying they're good but definitely FBS.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, thanks for the correction. So many teams have moved up to D1 that I can't keep track. Some of the newer arrivals are still FCS caliber teams. I'm still sticking with Georgia's OOC is absolutely pathetic.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
ROLL TIDE! Like a fairy tale for that kid to come back and win this game. :D:D:D:D:D
Congrats !!!!

The BCS algorithms and many voters’ heads would have exploded otherwise !! LOL

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Man, I had to dig really deep to revive this thread. So.....Georgia lost their bowl game (to a Texas team nobody was talking about) and Alabama got crushed in the Championship Game. Like I said, SEC supposed superiority is a house of cards. :cool:

Reaction Score
Alabama DID have a schedule that was favorable to them this season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Man, I had to dig really deep to revive this thread. So.....Georgia lost their bowl game (to a Texas team nobody was talking about) and Alabama got crushed in the Championship Game. Like I said, SEC supposed superiority is a house of cards. :cool:
It's always a bit confusing when a PAC-12 person starts throwing bricks in their glass house and wonders why, when they have numerous cuts and abrasions on their body after it's over....:rolleyes:

To be honest, the bowl season and even the CFP has long layoffs where the teams can't practice and get out of sorts and football staffs have 3 or 4 weeks to prepare a more comprehensive game plan. If anything, I was SHOCKED by the Texas game as they didn't show any of that resolve during the season except maybe the first time against Oklahoma who's defense was even more porous then...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
GOT EM !!!!!

tiger.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's always a bit confusing when a PAC-12 person starts throwing bricks in their glass house and wonders why, when they have numerous cuts and abrasions on their body after it's over....:rolleyes:

Hey now! :eek: I know the Pac 12 sucks in football. That doesn't disprove that the SEC is often overrated. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
Wow did Alabama get destroyed or what? Clemson looked awesome last night, and look to be building a dynasty of their own.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I never thought I’d say this about a Nick Sabin team, but the Tide was out coached last night. Bama has lost a bunch of O & D coordinators to HC jobs over the past 2 years and it showed.

Getting stopped on downs 3 times in the red zone on offense with questionable calls at best and their inability to stop Clemson on 3rd & long were symptomatic of the problem.

For their part, Clemson designed and executed a wonderful game plan. One play in particular stood out to me. Clemson was in man coverage when a Bama WR shifted from outside the formation into a wing position. The Clemson DB followed the Bama WR inside, but rather than covering him, on the snap of the ball the DB blitzed untouched, sacking the QB and causing a fumble.

That’s next level stuff you see in the pros. It’s a sight adjustment, where the DB reads an empty backfield and knows it’s a pass play and he will be unblocked. Great coaching and great execution.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I never thought I’d say this about a Nick Sabin team, but the Tide was out coached last night. Bama has lost a bunch of O & D coordinators to HC jobs over the past 2 years and it showed.

Getting stopped on downs 3 times in the red zone on offense with questionable calls at best and their inability to stop Clemson on 3rd & long were symptomatic of the problem.

For their part, Clemson designed and executed a wonderful game plan. One play in particular stood out to me. Clemson was in man coverage when a Bama WR shifted from outside the formation into a wing position. The Clemson DB followed the Bama WR inside, but rather than covering him, on the snap of the ball the DB blitzed untouched, sacking the QB and causing a fumble.

That’s next level stuff you see in the pros. It’s a sight adjustment, where the DB reads an empty backfield and knows it’s a pass play and he will be unblocked. Great coaching and great execution.
Very good description of an ugly performance by Bama, and a great plan by Clemson. My hat is off to Dabo Swinney. BTW, he went to the same high school my daughters attended, and then to Bama to play football. Looks like he learned a lot there! RTR. :oops:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Very good description of an ugly performance by Bama, and a great plan by Clemson. My hat is off to Dabo Swinney. BTW, he went to the same high school my daughters attended, and then to Bama to play football. Looks like he learned a lot there! RTR. :oops:
Swinney also deserves credit for making Brent Venebles the highest paid coordinator in college football. Venebles is smart and intense. His defense held the Tide to 3 pts over the last 3 qtrs. I have to believe there’s a number of college programs that would love to have Venebles as their HC.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Im reading the original comments in this thread... and was like "Alabama came back to win"... then I checked the date if the comments. scared me for a minute.
:D Likewise!:D

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Swinney also deserves credit for making Brent Venebles the highest paid coordinator in college football. Venebles is smart and intense. His defense held the Tide to 3 pts over the last 3 qtrs. I have to believe there’s a number of college programs that would love to have Venebles as their HC.

I think the Pittsburgh Steelers would love to have Venebles!!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This thread title is hilarious 'now'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member