Hannah Gusters??? | The Boneyard

Hannah Gusters???

Reaction Score
Yesterday someone mentioned a commitment is coming soon. What are our chances with this talented 6’4 player??? I know she’s from Texas and believe she had home visits with Baylor , Texas and UCONN ... it’s very hard for a Texas kid to leave the state of Texas. Both Baylor and Texas seem to have luck with these kids and seem to have luck landing bigs. We need bigs .. I hope we end up landing her... if so what a huge pickup and stealing one right out of Texas. Lastly I’m hearing about a young women of Morris a 6’6 JUCO player visiting Mississippi State. Why isn’t Geno jumping in this?? We needs bigs for next year. What I can’t understand .. these top programs are heavy with bigs but continue to go after more.. how many bigs can one roster have and UCONN can’t even get a back up for Olivia. Something has to change because having guards are great but u need bigs. I say Geno goes hard after every big I don’t care if there a work in progress... that’s why Geno makes over a million a year... Coach up kids ... this is what didn’t get this team over the hump the past 3 final fours ... lack of depth and lack of height.. if we had those we wouldn’t have needed to lose on buzzer beater shots... look at next year once again a depleted roster why all the other top programs are continuing to reload year in and year out. Only top team that will have the same isssue as us will be Notre Dame.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It’s going to be hard to sway her away from Texas and Baylor!!!! And UCONN hasn’t had luck on landing any bigs the past few years. We were very lucky to have landed Olivia. Texas is so overrated not sure why top recruits even consider going there.. just don’t see player development like I see at Baylor .... most Texan kids stay home so I would be shocked if we land her

Yesterday someone mentioned a commitment is coming soon. What are our chances with this talented 6’4 player???
Well according to you, not very good.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm a little unclear on something. Do you think we need bigs?

If only we had someone who could state this over and over again as if no one on the board had ever heard it...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

If only we had someone who could state this over and over again as if no one on the board had ever heard it...
Wait.. we don't have to field a guard only team, except for ONO? Who knew?

Reaction Score
1556126395612.png

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Yesterday someone mentioned a commitment is coming soon. What are our chances with this talented 6’4 player??? I know she’s from Texas and believe she had home visits with Baylor , Texas and UCONN ... it’s very hard for a Texas kid to leave the state of Texas. Both Baylor and Texas seem to have luck with these kids and seem to have luck landing bigs. We need bigs .. I hope we end up landing her... if so what a huge pickup and stealing one right out of Texas. Lastly I’m hearing about a young women of Morris a 6’6 JUCO player visiting Mississippi State. Why isn’t Geno jumping in this?? We needs bigs for next year. What I can’t understand .. these top programs are heavy with bigs but continue to go after more.. how many bigs can one roster have and UCONN can’t even get a back up for Olivia. Something has to change because having guards are great but u need bigs. I say Geno goes hard after every big I don’t care if there a work in progress... that’s why Geno makes over a million a year... Coach up kids ... this is what didn’t get this team over the hump the past 3 final fours ... lack of depth and lack of height.. if we had those we wouldn’t have needed to lose on buzzer beater shots... look at next year once again a depleted roster why all the other top programs are continuing to reload year in and year out. Only top team that will have the same isssue as us will be Notre Dame.
You just can't help yourself, can you???Head bang :rolleyes:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Who mentioned it and where was it mentioned? And was the source confirmed, you know like an Instagram picture or Twitter post of her in CT? Or is this just another of your "trust me" gut feelings?:rolleyes:

Hannah posted it to her Instagram story over the weekend...

I don't know if you've heard, but we could really use a big... :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Patience my friend, patience. Please know that the entire staff is working diligently to try and assemble the best roster possible for next season. Rome was not built in a day. It's still April. The season just ended 3 weeks ago. :eek: The next game is 7 l-o-n-g months away. :( There's a lot of time left for the staff to receive commitments from the potential recruits they've contacted. They've already contacted all of the recruits and potential graduate transfers they are interested in for next year. For the next few weeks, we'll have to play the waiting game.

Rest assured that Geno and staff (and everyone here in the yard) are fully aware of our critical need for BIGS. We have needs everywhere, especially at the 5. The drought won't last forever. Geno is not done yet.

I expect a minimum of 2-3 more players will be brought in for next season, maybe more. There are still plenty of non top 100 players and graduate transfers available that can help us next season. Over 600 players are in the transfer portal that can help us after sitting out a year. Hopefully Geno has seen some he likes, and has already made contact with them.

I'm sure you know that under no circumstances can the basketball office comment on any high school players they're recruiting or in contact with until a national letter of intent (NLI) has been signed by that player and received. Players can announce via social media "on their own" that they have made a commitment if they want to, but not the schools. That is a violation of NCAA rules.

Believe me, the rest of us are just as anxious as you are, but most of us have been through this before, and know about when we can expect to hear something. Right now, it's too early. Most of the players in the transfer portal will make a decision in the next 35 days (by the end of May). They have to enroll in their new school of choice before the fall classes begin in mid to late August. In the next 2-3 weeks, we should begin to hear where some of those in the transfer portal have decided to go. Until then, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed, and hope for the best. Like the Somali pirate kept telling Captain Phillips (in the movie).........................."Everything is going to be alright". ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Patience my friend, patience. Please know that the entire staff is working diligently to try and assemble the best roster possible for next season. Rome was not built in a day. It's still April. There's a lot of time left for the staff to receive commitments from the potential recruits they've contacted. They've already contacted all of the recruits and potential graduate transfers they are interested in for next year. For the next few weeks, we'll have to play the waiting game.

Rest assured that Geno and staff (and everyone here in the yard) are fully aware of our critical need for BIGS. We have needs everywhere, especially at the 5. The drought won't last forever. Geno is not done yet.
He's not going to tip his hand. I expect a minimum of 2-3 more players will be brought in for next season, maybe more. There are still plenty of non top 100 players and graduate transfers available. Over 600 players are in the transfer portal. Hopefully Geno has seen some he likes, and has already made contact with them.

I'm sure you know that under no circumstances can the office comment on any players they're recruiting or in contact with until a national letter of intent (NLI) has been received. Players can announce via social media that they have made a commitment if they want to, but not the schools. That is a violation of NCAA rules.

Believe me, the rest of us are just as anxious as you are, but most of us have been through this before, and know when we can expect to hear something. Right now, it's too early. Most of the players in the transfer portal will make a decision in the next 35 days (by the end of May). They have to enroll in their new school of choice before the fall classes begin in late August. In the next 2-3 weeks, we should begin to hear where some of those in the transfer portal have decided to go. Until then, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed, and hope for the best. Like the Somali pirate kept telling Captain Phillips......"Everything is going to be alright". ;)
So from what I gather we are getting a big girl from Somalia named Captain Phillips? What wonderful news. Can't wait to spread it around the board. We really need bigs, eh? :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So from what I gather we are getting a big girl from Somalia named Captain Phillips? What wonderful news. Can't wait to spread it around the board. We really need bigs, eh? :rolleyes:

If that's how you read it, yes. ;)

Reaction Score
Without mentioning any names, there is a poster on here who ASSURED us last year we were getting a big named Boston. It was all but guaranteed... until she chose SC. Until someone commits, nothing is certain... take it all with a grain of salt.... and remember about blind squirrels when people pat themselves on the back...

Reaction Score
So Texas, Miss St, Baylor have been mentioned here having all these bigs. How many NCs have they won?

How many have we won without a dominant big like (Stewie, Tina, etc.)? South Carolina had A’ja, Baylor had Kalani and Cox, Notre Dame had Shepard. Mississippi State made the championship with McCowan twice. The past 6 teams in the NC game have had one.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Now I'm confused, I thought we need bigs but they had to be lowly ranked like in the 40-100 range.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom