Hanley Ramirez to Boston | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hanley Ramirez to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sandoval is not a $19M a year player. Not even close. But he is lucky with his timing. He's average on D, and an above average, but not elite hitter. Should be paid, maybe $13-14M a year. If the Giants hadn't low-balled him at even less than that and only 3 years, they could have signed him for that earlier in the year.

The issue for Boston and others is the position. 3B is now the weakest position in the league across the board. There aren't any great 3B, and few who are even good. It's pretty awful. My main complaint is that the position is so terrible, that someone like Cechini is probably not far from league average. Hanley Ramirez, if healthy and playing average D at 3B, might have been the best in the game. It's a disaster of a position.
I wouldn't call it a disaster. There are some pretty good third basemen out there. Let's start with Adrian Beltre who is probably the best and who the Sox should never have let go. Then there is Evan Longoria, David Wright, Aramis Ramirez, Josh Donaldson, Lonnie Chisenhall, Anthony Rendon, Niel Walker and Kyle Seager. 2014 was a bad year for hitters in general and the third basemen suffered as well. Sandoval would have to be rated in the top five. He was fortunate to have come off of a great performance in the World Series which certainly increased his value. I agree that the Sox paid too much but they need to find a way to bring the fans back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom