Hamilton to declare, will not hire agent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton to declare, will not hire agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I doubt either of those guys will be able to contribute anything close to what Hamilton contrbuted as a freshman, nevermind this past year. People love to overrate our recruits.

And angry old men who are bitter at the world love to underrate them. It evens out.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Current draft projections have him not being selected at all. This is a great idea for him to get some tips from the pros of what he needs to work on, but I can't imagine any NBA scout, nor KO, telling him he's ready. Next season is tailor-made for him to come back, boost his profile on a solid team and move his way up in the draft.
Yup. Next season is for him to become Evan Turner or Denzel Valentine.

Reaction Score
I doubt either of those guys will be able to contribute anything close to what Hamilton contrbuted as a freshman, nevermind this past year. People love to overrate our recruits.
Ajou Deng the recruit is still the best player Uconn has ever had.

Reaction Score
And angry old men who are bitter at the world love to underrate them. It evens out.

Show me where they have been underrated or shut up...like a good little boy.

Just so you know, saying that they are unlikely to be able to fill Hamilton's shoes is not even in the same universe as underrating them. Hamilton was a highly rated recruit, a pretty impressive freshman and just finished his sophomore year. Who in their right mind would expect either of these guys to step in and fill in for that?

Reaction Score

Just so you know, saying that they are unlikely to be able to fill Hamilton's shoes is not even in the same universe as underrating them. Hamilton was a highly rated recruit, a pretty impressive freshman and just finished his sophomore year. Who in their right mind would expect either of these guys to step in and fill in for that?
Yeah, doesn't he know who you are?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think the idea was to replace what DHam does, because Ali doesn't play the same position as any of the guys you mentioned.

According to the advanced stats I've seen on this forum (see Matrim's), Ali doesn't seem worth it at this stage. High Volume, low % shooter. Not a good FT shooter. Turnover machine.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I honestly don't see him getting picked in the 2nd at all. As close as DHam is to DeAndre and seeing how far away he is from the NBA as a 2nd rounder(the injury hurt as well but still...) I would hope DHam and his family might not want to take that risk. Plus he's already had an older brother go through the process and struggle to stick in the NBA as a first rounder and he was way ahead of DHam as a player/prospect at the same stage. I think another year to prove that he can shoot would serve him wonders, but if comes back and has another year throwing up another sub .400 season then that might be tough to recover from.

In addition, I saw DD as JR to be more polished than DH as a soph. DH had a better handle and quicker (though not quick) first step. DD was a better shooter and a better collegiate defender. Both could board, but in different ways. DH jr year could mirror or even exceed DDs tournament performance.

Just a collegiate evaluation, as I don't follow the NBA enough to make any expert conclusions.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

People saw enough in Larrier in college to think he'll contribute if given the opportunity.

Hamilton was a highly rated recruit, a pretty impressive freshman and just finished his sophomore year. Who in their right mind would expect either of these guys to step in and fill in for that?

Larrier will be a Junior is school. With two years of seasoning under his belt, 1 in the program. It's not at all the same thing as a fresh recruit coming in. Vance, yes, I don't expect much from.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Okafor comes to mind. Jeff Adrien. Shabazz. There's been a few throughout the years. But yes, the forum (all forums actually) always think the sky is the limit for their prospects. What's the fun otherwise?

Reaction Score
This idea that Hamilton has no clue what his stock is confuses me; 8 monthes ago he attended a Nike camp filled with NBA scouts , and his head coach is well connected to many NBA front offices. This isn't about trying to find out his stock , I would bet the house he hires an agent (ty sullivan) very soon.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This idea that Hamilton has no clue what his stock is confuses me; 8 monthes ago he attended a Nike camp filled with NBA scouts , and his head coach is well connected to many NBA front offices. This isn't about trying to find out his stock , I would bet the house he hires an agent (ty sullivan) very soon.
8 months ago was an eternity in evaluation. His shooting slump for most of the season didn't do him any favors. His high rebounding numbers have a lot to do with the poor rebounding of UConn's fives. So I don't agree with you that he knows what the scouts are thinking.

Reaction Score
8 months ago was an eternity in evaluation. His shooting slump for most of the season didn't do him any favors. His high rebounding numbers have a lot to do with the poor rebounding of UConn's fives. So I don't agree with you that he knows what the scouts are thinking.
His evaluation hasn't changed he is pretty much identical to his freshman season (check the numbers). Also this isn't "IMO", I've heard rumblings he would declare the day after the Kansas game, with intentions to hire an agent.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This idea that Hamilton has no clue what his stock is confuses me; 8 monthes ago he attended a Nike camp filled with NBA scouts , and his head coach is well connected to many NBA front offices. This isn't about trying to find out his stock , I would bet the house he hires an agent (ty sullivan) very soon. [/QUOTE]

You are on record. What kind of place do you have? Location?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Okafor comes to mind. Jeff Adrien. Shabazz. There's been a few throughout the years. But yes, the forum (all forums actually) always think the sky is the limit for their prospects. What's the fun otherwise?

I was referring to the fact that he thinks a top 10 recruiting class (which is probably top 5 in the program's history) isn't good enough for Good King Paesano.

Reaction Score
I don't follow the rules too closely, but didn't they make the withdraw unfeasible a few years ago in an effort to limit the pool? Now everyone is jumping in? Even Cal's walk-ons? Back then, everyone who was a thought "tested the waters". And I would think it a wise decision for D-Ham to do so as well, under these newer given circumstances. Just hope he doesn't kill it or fall for ill advice. Fortunately it's not his family's first rodeo.

Reaction Score
Borges said the fact the 2017 NBA Draft will be loaded could cause Hamilton to take his chances this year. Still, I think it's in Dham's best interest to stay and I'd be shocked if he hires an agent.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to the young man, great kid, hope he goes high

Reaction Score
Next. Maybe he wants to emulate his brother flame out of the early in the NBA even he even makes it. Either way I think we are fine long term. I was rather dissapointed with Dham after a promising freshman year. Of course it would be cool that he comes back but we will be fine as we have depth even it is unproven there.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
I think that he should return and not test the waters of the NBA. He still has some growing to do and some important lessons to learn from KO and Staff. He was good in the tournament, but he is not ready for the NBA. DLHam if you read this board and messages take it for real, we know and being a very senior citizen with knowledge of basketball, wait till the end of your Junior Year, please for old Mrs. Dribbles

Reaction Score
Next. Maybe he wants to emulate his brother flame out of the early in the NBA even he even makes it. Either way I think we are fine long term. I was rather dissapointed with Dham after a promising freshman year. Of course it would be cool that he comes back but we will be fine as we have depth even it is u proven there.
Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger