Hamilton to declare, will not hire agent | The Boneyard

Hamilton to declare, will not hire agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We are an infinitely better team with another year of a more mature DHam. But, yeah, with the current rules why wouldnt you do this?

Reaction Score
Expecting this out of Purvis as well. Rothstein, although usually horrific on twitter, brought up a good point regarding the impact of this new rule on recruiting.

Does it impact recruiting in a big way not knowing whether or not guys will come back? Have to hold on to the scholarships in case.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

The new rules help out the player but they won't do any favors for the BY paranoia

Reaction Score
Some of the connected posters strongly hinted that DHam was leaning towards declaring last year when he was even less ready. Declaring under the new rules is a no brainer, but I won't be shocked if he stays in.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

The new rules help out the player but they won't do any favors for the BY paranoia
By not hiring an agent we can be 99.99% sure he has no intention of not coming back. Even if he's told he's a second rounder (which he's not even that, IMO) he still will likely not leave for D-league play and no guaranteed contract.

Reaction Score
He will be back, and if not, that's when we take a hard look at Prince Ali.

Reaction Score
Trying to take positive view this will be an opportunity for us to see/know if the new rule is functional. Namely an agent might have told Hamilton what he wants to hear to get that agent money/a client, but the league should provide him a realistic appraisal of where or if he'd get drafted (late 2nd at best I'd guess) and importantly what he needs to work on (shot selection/efficiency).

But its scary because he's got some NBA level skills & certainly has the look of an NBA player when he is performing well. The natural progression should be he comes back, plays like the AAC tourney DHam for most of next season and then ups the ante and rides a great UConn run & performance in the NCAAs into the first round of 2017.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

I said this is another thread, but while the new rule is going to make a lot of coaches and fans nervous, it will be a good thing for everybody. Hamilton will get good advice.

Reaction Score
Some of the connected posters strongly hinted that DHam was leaning towards declaring last year when he was even less ready. Declaring under the new rules is a no brainer, but I won't be shocked if he stays in.

I thought the rumor was he was thinking of transferring, not declaring for the draft. That was the shocking part.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Makes sense to gather feedback from NBA scouts on what he needs to improve on.

He'll be back for sure.

Reaction Score
He's hoping for a promise.
No he is not. He is doing what any prospect with his ability would do given the new rules. He is working out and getting constructive advice on what to work on. Borges suggests that Purvis, Brimah, and Adams may do the same.......its a new world we live in.

Reaction Score
Current draft projections have him not being selected at all. This is a great idea for him to get some tips from the pros of what he needs to work on, but I can't imagine any NBA scout, nor KO, telling him he's ready. Next season is tailor-made for him to come back, boost his profile on a solid team and move his way up in the draft.

Reaction Score
We have Larrier and Vance Jackson. There's no need to look for another similar player if DHam leaves.

I don't think the idea was to replace what DHam does, because Ali doesn't play the same position as any of the guys you mentioned.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Getting nervous .... 2nd round pick?

Reaction Score

I honestly don't see him getting picked in the 2nd at all. As close as DHam is to DeAndre and seeing how far away he is from the NBA as a 2nd rounder(the injury hurt as well but still...) I would hope DHam and his family might not want to take that risk. Plus he's already had an older brother go through the process and struggle to stick in the NBA as a first rounder and he was way ahead of DHam as a player/prospect at the same stage. I think another year to prove that he can shoot would serve him wonders, but if comes back and has another year throwing up another sub .400 season then that might be tough to recover from.

Reaction Score

He'd be lucky to be a second rounder at this point. From all I've heard I wouldn't surprised at all if he hired an agent sooner than never

Reaction Score
We have Larrier and Vance Jackson. There's no need to look for another similar player if DHam leaves.
I doubt either of those guys will be able to contribute anything close to what Hamilton contrbuted as a freshman, nevermind this past year. People love to overrate our recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom