Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 96 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate to point this out but.Diamond Stone, Terry Larrier (1st time around), Tevin Mack etc. It seems like most of the recruits that KO (and the Boneyard) focused on as priority went elsewhere. He's gotten his fair share of recruits for sure, Jalen Adams probably the best, but he doesn't have a good record at closing on his high priority ones when faced with tough competition from other programs. I don't think I've seen KO focus on a recruit as much as he has with Diallo.
We didn't focus on tevin Mack UCconn got into his recruitment very late. Pretty much every year KO has gotten his top target. Hamilton, Adams and Gilbert. Stone was like 1B with Jalen sure

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
A recruiters "top target" will change as the landscape changes. I'm sure if Bamba was more receptive to Ollie'a advances he'd be our "top target" right now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This. And this is why failing to land Diallo here would be so alarming. This is a perfect storm for KO being able to land a Top 10 guy. If he can't get this one, kiss goodbye the idea of getting anyone else in the future.
Why do you say its a perfect storm? This is so far from it
Because the team is tanking, due to injuries, doesn't mean its a great place to go
Having a limited roster means not very competitive practices - at Kensucky he can practice with elite
If he goes for 1.5 years gets top notch practice this year and start next year for one of the nations "top 2 programs"
If he plans to play only this semester - UConn seems to be only choice
Obviously if going to Kensucky he'll wait till 2018 draft
I agree that if UConn was healthy and playing competitively, if Ham decided against KO, then it would be "alarming"
As far as kissing goodbye any future top ten - that's just a typical statement from a defeatist - like you can see that far ahead
Who's going to win the womens NCAA soccer title in 2019? Please tell me Swami

Reaction Score
This recruiting process is obviously at a stand still--as various posts on this thread have said no one knows where Diallo is going to commit at this point. I will be shocked if he commits to Kentucky, when KO spent all summer coaching him and Team USA. Why would Diallo waste his time on an OV at UConn if there wasn't a strong connection there?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Who's going to win the womens NCAA soccer title in 2019? Please tell me Swami[/QUOTE]
My money is on North Carolina......

Reaction Score
Why do you say its a perfect storm? This is so far from it
Because the team is tanking, due to injuries, doesn't mean its a great place to go
Having a limited roster means not very competitive practices - at Kensucky he can practice with elite
If he goes for 1.5 years gets top notch practice this year and start next year for one of the nations "top 2 programs"
If he plans to play only this semester - UConn seems to be only choice
Obviously if going to Kensucky he'll wait till 2018 draft
I agree that if UConn was healthy and playing competitively, if Ham decided against KO, then it would be "alarming"
As far as kissing goodbye any future top ten - that's just a typical statement from a defeatist - like you can see that far ahead
Who's going to win the womens NCAA soccer title in 2019? Please tell me Swami

My point is very simple: Diallo is the best shot KO has had or will have at pulling in a bona fide top 10 stud recruit.

If it doesn't happen here, when will it ever?

Reaction Score
My point is very simple: Diallo is the best shot KO has had or will have at pulling in a bona fide top 10 stud recruit.

Maybe when we aren't in the middle of a dumpster fire season and coming off back to back underwhelming seasons?

Reaction Score

this is a scorching hot take, he has a top 35 recruit already sealed up and is coming off 3 consecutive years signing 5 stars. We really can't get on KO for recruiting he is good at it. his offense philosophy as a coach and maybe player development in that regard? thats a real subject and something he needs to improve on.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
this is a scorching hot take, he has a top 35 recruit already sealed up and is coming off 3 consecutive years signing 5 stars. We really can't get on KO for recruiting he is good at it. his offense philosophy as a coach and maybe player development in that regard? thats a real subject and something he needs to improve on.
Which also falls on the assistants and the players during the offseason.

Reaction Score
As much as a top 10 recruit would be a nice recruiting coup, one year of a guard with a suspect jumper isn't likely to be a game-changer program-wise. A top 10 season is more important than a top 10 recruit. For next year's team (which will hopefully have Adams, Larrier, Gilbert, Vital and MAL), finding a Shonn Miller would be ideal, if we're getting one year of someone.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
As much as a top 10 recruit would be a nice recruiting coup, one year of a guard with a suspect jumper isn't likely to be a game-changer program-wise. A top 10 season is more important than a top 10 recruit. For next year's team (which will hopefully have Adams, Larrier, Gilbert, Vital and MAL), finding a Shonn Miller would be ideal, if we're getting one year of someone.
Disagree. Also you have no idea if he's just a semester. This would be huge for uconn

Reaction Score
Disagree. Also you have no idea if he's just a semester. This would be huge for uconn

I certainly could be wrong. He's obviously an exceptional athlete or he wouldn't be ranked where he is. However, on the summer circuit (which is a decent sample size), he shot 20 percent from three and had more turnovers than assists. Saw the same type of numbers from Prince Ali, who wasn't ranked as high as Diallo but who's performance as a freshman was certainly below expectations. It's hard to get to the rim in college - and if you can't shoot reliably or draw and kick effectively, college defenses will stop you.

To me, he projects as a guy who will ooze potential and make a few SportsCenter Top 10 highlights, but have a limited impact in college before he harnesses more of his potential in the NBA (unlike, say Kemba, who had to harness it in college at his size before getting NBA interest). I mean I'd still love to have him - easy buckets in transition alone would help this team this year and he would hopefully be able to Find a niche next year slashing against defenses that Adams and Gilbert break down (plus he would have the potential to be the guy who guards the top perimeter scorer). But I want a 30-5 type of year next season, and if there's one piece I think would give us the best chance to get there, it's someone who can score out of the low post.

Reaction Score
Uconn Compliance, Ozzie, and the Intel that I and other reliable sources have gotten throughout his recruitment makes this development sooooo bizzare. I do believe that Cal has succeeded in "whooing" him so to speak. But I believe UConn has his heart. If KO can get the last sit down with Hami I still think he's a husky. This is a classic HEART V. MIND situation. The players on UConn are his brothers and I think that will mean something to him in the end

But what do I know

H

huskymagic

Why would we meet him at the airport? Even your insults don't make sense.
BigErn why else? Goodfellas reference it was in reply to someone suggesting Ollie slashing Calimaris tires on the way to meeting with Hami. It's a joke I would have expected a member of the Boneyard intelligentsia to pick up on.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS

Reaction Score
Uconn Compliance, Ozzie, and the Intel that I and other reliable sources have gotten throughout his recruitment makes this development sooooo bizzare. I do believe that Cal has succeeded in "whooing" him so to speak. But I believe UConn has his heart. If KO can get the last sit down with Hami I still think he's a husky. This is a classic HEART V. MIND situation. The players on UConn are his brothers and I think that will mean something to him in the end

But what do I know

Honest question: what exactly is this development you speak of? I haven't seen any evidence that goes against what Hamidou has said all along. He visited Kentucky and said it was a great visit. This means nothing. Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
Honest question: what exactly is this development you speak of? I haven't seen any evidence that goes against what Hamidou has said all along. He visited Kentucky and said it was a great visit. This means nothing. Am I missing something?
Jerry Meyer, and @husky99 claiming they think he's kentucky bound isn't a new development?

Reaction Score
It is a new development in the context of a week but they have both been going back and forth for months.
True It just feels like it holds ore water since it's.coming down to crunch time

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

But what do I know
upload_2016-12-30_21-31-48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member