Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Asked around and have not heard much push toward cuse. He is good friends with greene and sounds like he got dragged alone
He has friends that go to SU, that was the primary reason for his visit.

Reaction Score
They weren't all looking at the same players. There are other players at PSA besides Diallo, right?
Really????....I thought Diallo wins all those games all by himself. :)

I was reading recently that PSA's entire enrollment is under 40 students. Almost half of which are on the basketball team.

Reaction Score

I was reading recently that PSA's entire enrollment is under 40 students. Almost half of which are on the basketball team.

I don't think that's accurate, regardless, things are going to end badly there.. Might not be this year, or the next or the next, but don't say I didn't warn you..

Reaction Score

It's true there enrollment decreased big time because of funding. My high schools JV soccer team used to play them like 10 years ago an all the kids were from Turkey.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's accurate, regardless, things are going to end badly there.. Might not be this year, or the next or the next, but don't say I didn't warn you..

From the 9/20/16 Hartford Courant:

"For instance, Kansas coach Bill Self came by on Thursday afternoon, the latest in the long line of major college coaches looking to land Diallo, a five-star caliber guard from Queens, ranked 11th by ESPN, 10th by Rivals and 24/7 Sports. Diallo, roughly 6 feet 6 and 190 pounds, has blossomed during three years at Putnam Science, a prep school with 36 students, most of them basketball players, just 23 miles from Gampel Pavilion."

Reaction Score
we heard you the first time, what do you think of diarra qualifying? or saul phiri? or chuba ohams? In the words of @CallMeBruce i'll eat my hat if any of those three have any academic issues.

If your talking about it being gulen affiliated thats an entirely different issue than fake student athletes.

Reaction Score
Diarra is a member of the national honor society, and Diallo has credited PSA with helping him learn to really study well and become a much better student (he wasnt a great student in NY, a big reason he came to PSA was to improve academically). It may have a tiny enrollment, but it appears they are on the up and up academically.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder how a school survives financially with just 36 students. You pay the lunch lady, janitor and basketball coach and there can't be much left.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder how a school survives financially with just 36 students. You pay the lunch lady, janitor and basketball coach and there can't be much left.
Right, and somewhere in there you'd expect there would be a few teachers? Administrators?

Reaction Score
No idea how exactly PSA keeps the lights on, but a year and a half ago, they almost went under. Their prep basketball program was (temporarily) absorbed by my old high school, Woodstock Academy. I was pumped to be able to see Diarra and Diallo wearing the same uniform I wore.... but then out of nowhere some new ownership group backed by Chinese investors infused PSA with the cash they needed to keep going as before. Still don't really understand how they actually make money though...

C

Chief00

No idea how exactly PSA keeps the lights on, but a year and a half ago, they almost went under. Their prep basketball program was (temporarily) absorbed by my old high school, Woodstock Academy. I was pumped to be able to see Diarra and Diallo wearing the same uniform I wore.... but then out of nowhere some new ownership group backed by Chinese investors infused PSA with the cash they needed to keep going as before. Still don't really understand how they actually make money though...
Sneaker proxies.

Reaction Score
I hear the kid on the left is the real reason Calipari is always visiting PSA. Some of the townies have spotted him dining with World Wide Wes. He's truly the future of their Prep program. They're going to make millions off this kid!

Reaction Score
This is from left field and posting on another subject I know nothing about, BUT, I was approached last winter by a South African citizen who was looking to organize an education related U.S.A. investment with interests to be sold to investors overseas. He represented that certain types of investment facilitated the ability of non-USA investors to receive a type of long term visa which was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to them and really was the actual motive for the investment rather than investment return. The whole thing sounded sketchy and not worth thinking about, but it gets me wondering, with PSA you have put forth an uneconomic number of students that can't possibly be profitable to justify a capital investment, and now mentioned Chinese ownership, and I wonder if the real motive is something related to long term visa's for the investors in the project. How's that for speculation based on a foundation devoid of any knowledge at all.

Reaction Score
This is from left field and posting on another subject I know nothing about, BUT, I was approached last winter by a South African citizen who was looking to organize an education related U.S.A. investment with interests to be sold to investors overseas. He represented that certain types of investment facilitated the ability of non-USA investors to receive a type of long term visa which was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to them and really was the actual motive for the investment rather than investment return. The whole thing sounded sketchy and not worth thinking about, but it gets me wondering, with PSA you have put forth an uneconomic number of students that can't possibly be profitable to justify a capital investment, and now mentioned Chinese ownership, and I wonder if the real motive is something related to long term visa's for the investors in the project. How's that for speculation based on a foundation devoid of any knowledge at all.

It's probably a good guess. If they have a list of enrollment and the majority of non-basketball players are foreign that could be the case.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Like others have said, these "Chinese investors" are likely just a cover story for the money coming directly from Sneaker companies. These schools can act like the perfect, controlled environment for their "livestock".

Reaction Score
Like others have said, these "Chinese investors" are likely just a cover story for the money coming directly from Sneaker companies. These schools can act like the perfect, controlled environment for their "livestock".

This can't be profitable for the Sneaker companies. Buy a school and pay teachers and administrators to influence a kid who has like a 10% chance (for the truly elite recruits) of ever being good enough to sign him to a shoe deal that you can profit of off.

Crazy talk.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This can't be profitable for the Sneaker companies. Buy a school and pay teachers and administrators to influence a kid who has like a 10% chance (for the truly elite recruits) of ever being good enough to sign him to a shoe deal that you can profit of off.

Crazy talk.
Maybe, but there's more reasons for motivation besides the shoe money. I'm sure they have huge influence in where their players can end up too, I bet there's money in that. But like all the things that have been discussed on this its all conjecture, I just find it just as "crazy" as you said that actual "Chinese investors" would spend good money on an overseas prep school with that few students? To me that's even more far fetched.

Reaction Score

Crazy talk.
Trust me, shoe companies and boosters alike have far easier ways to give kids money.

As for HD, many people find his decision to do a pg year at Putnam very suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom