Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well players must be bad sources then.
I'm just going off your claim that Taurean Thompson was coming here and Memphis was one of the four finalists for the Big 12 and UConn was out.

Reaction Score
I'm just going off your claim that Taurean Thompson was coming here and Memphis was one of the four finalists for the Big 12 and UConn was out.

Never said Thompson was coming here. I asked Enoch how Thompson and Vital liked UConn. He said they loved it and we could expect a commitment before the end of their visit. I specifically said I'm not sure if Enoch meant a commitment from one or both of them. Look back at my comments if you don't believe me. Also, not discussing any Big 12 BS anymore. They are a dysfunctional and incompetent bunch of clowns. They probably won't even expand at this point.

Reactions: caw

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The fact the some of you think they don't exist is comical. Hamidou is our top recruit target. Do you think I woke up one day and said "Let me stir up the boneyard and tell them two players said Hami isn't coming here?" No. My sources could be wrong, as all sources could be, but they're certainly not fake. I personally think you're sources are wrong for saying we're getting either Richards or Bamba but I don't call you out for it.
Easy... I wasn't trying to give you crap. Just making the counter point he wouldn't waste his Saturday just to screw with us. Maybe you're right, and Diallo has all but moved on from us, but that's not looking like the case. Also, try and understand you're gonna get a lot of backlash when you make posts you know most people won't agree with.

C

Chief00

Excellent question- Of course, they could be good or bad. It's their opinion. One thing I always factored in was whose playing time might it impact? That could impact both someone's knowledge or opinion for certain guys - for others it does not matter as much.

Reaction Score

Players for the most part know next to nothing about recruiting unless there a personal connection. It's all opinion and conjecture.

I have no idea how close you are with the players you "know" but I am saying what I saybased off past players i knew and were very close with as in lived with them, spent holidays together, went to draft parties, always had free tickets to any home, away, tournament games, etc.

While they had relevant information about the team they were useless when it came to recruiting news.

As I said before your sources arent real sources for hami thinking unless he comes straight out and tells them he's going to commit there. That's not to say it isn't interesting to hear their opinion or that they don't know other things related to the team

Reaction Score
Maybe Jim Ollie did speak with some players and they told him Diallo wasn't coming here. But let's say Diallo was going to come to Uconn but told the players to keep quiet about it. Then some random guy goes up to the players and asks them if Diallo is coming to Uconn. They're going to respond either 'No' or 'I don't know' or 'go away JimOllie'.

Reaction Score
Never said Thompson was coming here. I asked Enoch how Thompson and Vital liked UConn. He said they loved it and we could expect a commitment before the end of their visit. I specifically said I'm not sure if Enoch meant a commitment from one or both of them. Look back at my comments if you don't believe me. Also, not discussing any Big 12 BS anymore. They are a dysfunctional and incompetent bunch of clowns. They probably won't even expand at this point.
Even you used to know players are not good sources. And you did specifically bring up Thompson. People would be on your case less if you could embrace actual reality.

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Reaction Score
Can we just leave the guy alone? He was just trying to provide some information for us. He doesn't have to. So let's just be thankful that he's here.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can we just leave the guy alone? He was just trying to provide some information for us. He doesn't have to. So let's just be thankful that he's here.
I always ask for a thread to be locked when it gets derailed... it's the offseason and I want to read stuff about the recruits and players

Reaction Score
Maybe Jim Ollie did speak with some players and they told him Diallo wasn't coming here. But let's say Diallo was going to come to Uconn but told the players to keep quiet about it. Then some random guy goes up to the players and asks them if Diallo is coming to Uconn. They're going to respond either 'No' or 'I don't know' or 'go away JimOllie'.

Yes I already said that was a possibility. A possibility I hope is correct.

Reaction Score

My point exactly. I try to bring some info to this board and immediately it's "you're sources are fake" or "you're wrong."

Reaction Score
Even you used to know players are not good sources. And you did specifically bring up Thompson. People would be on your case less if you could embrace actual reality.

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)
You would think he would stop with his player sources after being wrong on Thompson and Jackson. His AD sources are no good either. This is certainly no Deep Throat.

C

Chief00

Diallo seemed like he was having a good time and he said nothing to indicate otherwise. Let's not overanalyze things.

Reaction Score
Yet another visit

So that's two in-home visits and an unofficial in the span of a week? Obviously encouraging in some ways, but you wonder why this all would be necessary were he a silent verbal like some have speculated. Maybe I'm reading too far into it.

N

NotBlueOlliewood

So that's two in-home visits and an unofficial in the span of a week? Obviously encouraging in some ways, but you wonder why this all would be necessary were he a silent verbal like some have speculated. Maybe I'm reading too far into it.

UK assistants visited Diallo, and Cal checked him twice in one week. Why would that be necessary if he was a Kentucky lock? Ollie and Miller are giving him zero reasons that Cal is recruiting him harder than the two, and that's all you could ask for.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
You keep recruiting top kids whether they've given you a silent verbal, a loud verbal or even signed a LOI. The fact that A) we have our class mostly spoken for, and b) our other top target is local means Ollie can live in Diallo's pocket from now until next summer if he needs to.

So even if Diallo wakes up tomorrow and declares to the world that he's committing, and that he's UConn for life, and that he never seriously considered going elsewhere... Ollie would still be there as often as possible recruiting the hell out of him. And he'd be right to do it.

Reaction Score
Even if it is a silent verbal, you want to put on the full court press for as long as possible. im certain uconn staff will be up at Brewster to see mal a lot. But for hd situation there's a lot at play , not only is every school after him he could also potentially declare for the draft. I'm sure he'll be at first night , that'll be like his third first night...

N

NotBlueOlliewood

Even if it is a silent verbal, you want to put on the full court press for as long as possible. im certain uconn staff will be up at Brewster to see mal a lot. But for hd situation there's a lot at play , not only is every school after him he could also potentially declare for the draft. I'm sure he'll be at first night , that'll be like his third first night...

He might go to Big Blue Madness, but if he decide to do First Night, that's all you need to see. The writing on the wall might as well be on a jumbotron.

Reaction Score
You keep recruiting top kids whether they've given you a silent verbal, a loud verbal or even signed a LOI. The fact that A) we have our class mostly spoken for, and b) our other top target is local means Ollie can live in Diallo's pocket from now until next summer if he needs to.

So even if Diallo wakes up tomorrow and declares to the world that he's committing, and that he's UConn for life, and that he never seriously considered going elsewhere... Ollie would still be there as often as possible recruiting the hell out of him. And he'd be right to do it.

Good points. Sometimes I forget how crazy recruiting is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom