Hamidou cuts list to six | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamidou cuts list to six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamidou's gonna get a ton more people following him on Twitter and Instagram. That kind of stuff matters to kids these days.

He's actually being smart. Building a brand for when he gets to the NBA--that's how you sign the big $ contract.

Not saying he's not just being a self-centered kid (he is), but there's two sides to everything!!

Reaction Score
Really? Not saying your wrong, but that seems crazy to me. Just keep your list at 20 then.

With 20, fan base feels like they're involved. With 6 or 4 it feels much more likely. The evidence is all over this board if you go back to years past.

Reaction Score
He's actually being smart. Building a brand for when he gets to the NBA--that's how you sign the big $ contract.

Not saying he's not just being a self-centered kid (he is), but there's two sides to everything!!
"Brands" might help with off the court endorsements but they have nothing to do with NBA contracts and salaries.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Brands" might help with off the court endorsements but they have nothing to do with NBA contracts and salaries.

Do you believe that? GMs overpay for "star power" all the time. That's one of the reasons there are so many bad contracts.

Reaction Score
Do you believe that? GMs overpay for "star power" all the time. That's one of the reasons there are so many bad contracts.
This seems completely wrong. You have any examples?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Steven Adams got 100 million because of his brand. Who doesn't love Stevan Adams?

Reaction Score
Cody Zeller, 4 years/$56M, he can't leave the house without TMZ cameras following him, the brand is strong.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This seems completely wrong. You have any examples?

Yes I do believe that because I actually follow the NBA

Look at the list. Dwight Howard anyone? Signed 3-yr/$70.5M deal on Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Dirk signed this: Signed 2-yr/$50M deal on Saturday, July 23, 2016. Might be worth half if that at this point...maybe
Dwayne Wade: Signed 2-yr/$47M deal on Friday, July 15, 2016

Lots of others over the years. Anyone who gives Carmelo a big contract is overpaying.

Now, young kids coming in...no, a GM isn't paying for that, if that's what you mean. But there have long been great players with less name recognition than other great players, and they tend to be paid less. It happens in every sport. Names sell tickets and merchandise.

Reaction Score
Look at the list. Dwight Howard anyone? Signed 3-yr/$70.5M deal on Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Dirk signed this: Signed 2-yr/$50M deal on Saturday, July 23, 2016. Might be worth half if that at this point...maybe

Lots of others over the years. Anyone who gives Carmelo a big contract is overpaying.

Now, young kids coming in...no, a GM isn't paying for that, if that's what you mean. But there have long been great players with less name recognition than other great players, and they tend to be paid less. It happens in every sport. Names sell tickets and merchandise.
Lol. You might be clueless, but at least you're funny.

Reaction Score

Dwight's brand, which is nothing compared to his Orlando/Superman heyday, didn't get him that bag, that's what the market dictated for his production and value. You have a slightly better case with DWade, but he is still one of the better SGs in the league, nothing wrong with his deal at all in the short term. Dirk's contract probably exceeds his value at this point but that was a case of him being rewarded for taking contracts below his value to lure free agents for several years that ultimately produced nothing. Cuban was taking care of his guy.

Reaction Score

Please explain guys like Solomon Hill, Biyombo and Evan Turner getting 50, 60 and 70 millions $ deals this offseason. Must be the brands, right?

Dwight's brand, which is nothing compared to his Orlando/Superman heyday, didn't get him that bag, that's what the market dictated for his production and value. You have a slightly better case with DWade, but he is still one of the better SGs in the league, nothing wrong with his deal at all in the short term. Dirk's contract probably exceeds his value at this point but that was a case of him being rewarded for taking contracts below his value to lure free agents for several years that ultimately produced nothing. Cuban was taking care of his guy.

I honestly think you are giving the poster too much credit. These players are still good and worth the yearly totals. It would be a problem if they were 4 years deals.

Reaction Score
I mean, this is the same board where people think NBA GMs draft kids based on their ESPN high school recruiting rankings so I suppose nothing should be surprising.

Reaction Score
That's quite an impressive list of schools. Realistically, are our chances as good as anyone else's, or are we more on the outside looking in? Anyone have any insight at all? Gut feeling?
LOL. We've only been talking about this for at least the last 6 months with everyone who has some connections saying he's UConn's to lose. Check the other thread:
2017 Recruiting: - Hamidou Diallo Graduates

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Please explain guys like Solomon Hill, Biyombo and Evan Turner getting 50, 60 and 70 millions $ deals this offseason. Must be the brands, right?

I honestly think you are giving the poster too much credit. These players are still good and worth the yearly totals. It would be a problem if they were 4 years deals.

GMs make mistakes. Are the guys I named all among the top 13 players in the league? I didn't say they were lousy players, just not great values, except that big names sell tickets. And yes, I think Cuban was doing Dirk a solid, and deservedly so.
2016-17 NBA Player Contracts | Basketball-Reference.com

I bow to all of your collective wisdom of the NBA. Now back to college basketball, already in progress.

Reaction Score

What would happen to this board if he went to cuse? I still think our competition is the NBA, but can't blame a kid for wanting to visit the Tuscon sun for a year to look at coeds.

The longer this drags out, the worse it looks for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
What would happen to this board if he went to cuse? I still think our competition is the NBA, but can't blame a kid for wanting to visit the Tuscon sun for a year to look at coeds.

We have always known he wasn't committing in the fall. This isn't dragging out. He made a list of the schools that we knew he was looking at, and he is sticking to the timeline that he has been signalling. All insiders are in consensus that we lead. Nothing has changed here except some twitter hyperbole. I think you are reading too much into it.

Reaction Score
We have always known he wasn't committing in the fall. This isn't dragging out. He made a list of the schools that we knew he was looking at, and he is sticking to the timeline that he has been signalling. All insiders are in consensus that we lead. Nothing has changed here except some twitter hyperbole. I think you are reading too much into it.

People on this board thought he was coming here THIS year.

We knew three of those schools, Kentucky, UConn and Cuse. Self and Miller have shown interest but he has not visited either. He has set to set up a single official.

There is no timeline here so no one knows how long he will take making his decision.

Reaction Score
UConn or the NBA are the only outcones and have been for a while. I personally think he goes to storrs for a year then declares. He's not going to cuse or UK, and def not 'zona

Reaction Score

People on this board thought he was coming here THIS year.

We knew three of those schools, Kentucky, UConn and Cuse. Self and Miller have shown interest but he has not visited either. He has set to set up a single official.

There is no timeline here so no one knows how long he will take making his decision.

We all get you love worrying about this, just taking a quick look at your post history . But there is a timeline, he's making a spring decision and we are in the lead. Not only from reliable insiders on this board, our own beat writers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom