Gus/Raftery on Saturday? | The Boneyard

Gus/Raftery on Saturday?

Reaction Score
This is gonna be the big one in the conference for years to come

Edit: Look at us getting the best commentators for games in primetime where as we would have been thrown on espn+ with some college kid interning from his communications class commentating for AAC basketball

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Rafferty has lost a lot. His age is catching up.

The first game we heard him a few weeks ago I was a little concerned because his voice seemed to be straining and he wasn't as energetic as usual, but I think he might've been getting over a cold because he's been great the last few times he's called our games.

I think in general every announcer that is calling the game from a remote site loses some perspective and the broadcast suffers at least a little bit.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The first game we heard him a few weeks ago I was a little concerned because his voice seemed to be straining and he wasn't as energetic as usual, but I think he might've been getting over a cold because he's been great the last few times he's called our games.

I think in general every announcer that is calling the game from a remote site loses some perspective and the broadcast suffers at least a little bit.
It sounds like he's calling the game while at the same time trying to not wake his wife up

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Raftery's "Onions" call is now "Scallions!"
easy there, bub. ur 'do porkys' flew up the chart to alltime number two on my chart for best post ever here, right behind numero uno, 'chiefin' ain't easy.' mebbe rest on ur laurels for a bit?
'uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.'

Reaction Score
I talked with someone who worked at CBS when Raf was there and they said every single person in that newsroom had a story where they went out after work for a couple drinks with Raf and every single one of them showed up hungover as heck the next day. And when they walked in, there was Raf already in and looking sharp in a nice suit and tie, all shaved and ready to go.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is the dream duo in college basketball. I would always set NCAA basketball 2010 on Xbox to be Gus and Raftery announcing. Never thought I'd see a UConn game called by them together again. Pretty cool.

The only other announcing team that I might prefer includes Raftery too (with Sean McDonough and Jay Bilas).

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The only other announcing team that I might prefer includes Raftery too (with Sean McDonough and Jay Bilas).
Nothing better than when those 3 did the old BET.

McDonough and Bilas are cream of the crop, right next to Gus and Raft.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
easy there, bub. ur 'do porkys' flew up the chart to alltime number two on my chart for best post ever here, right behind numero uno, 'chiefin' ain't easy.' mebbe rest on ur laurels for a bit?
'uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.'
Sad Oh No GIF by Boomerang Official

Reaction Score
As excitable as Gus makes it, Raf's partner in Providence slathering over Bouknight the other night, will be impossible to match. Whoever that was, was more excited than me.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I talked with someone who worked at CBS when Raf was there and they said every single person in that newsroom had a story where they went out after work for a couple drinks with Raf and every single one of them showed up hungover as heck the next day. And when they walked in, there was Raf already in and looking sharp in a nice suit and tie, all shaved and ready to go.

It’s Bill Raftery’s world — and we’re all lucky he makes us a part of it
It's Bill Raftery's world — and we're all lucky he makes us a part of it

Great story on Raf via The Athletic - he is definitely that guy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99