Guidance requested | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Guidance requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So much hate....

....can't wait until April 21st to be at the Spring Game!

Reaction Score
I stoped by for my periodic update on UConn news and am faced with a marathon thread titled ACC. Before I get started can someone tell me if it is worth reading?

keep in mind it seems like they switched back to 10 post pages instead of 20, so it's half as long as you might originally think

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is complete nonsense. He never made those claims. He brought something interesting to the table. He said he was in the business of media valuations, valuations which were solicited by various conferences and used, in part, for the consideration of realignment candidates by the conferences. He didn't make outrageous claims and didn't say why anything specifically did or did not happen. He offered insight. He wasn't an expert on the matter of conference alignment and admitted so. If he was engaged politely he could have been an asset to the board. Instead, you and Carl Sparkles decided you wanted to run him off the board.

Now he wants to leave and the rest of us are stuck stepping over your quick-hitting vapidity and Carl Sparkles self indulgent essays. Seriously, you had some good opinions on the other board. I may not have always agreed with them but they were well reasoned and respectful. Now you're just that crazy guy in the neighborhood who walks around talking to himself really loudly. Carl Sparkles rambling descent into madness reminds me of Colonel Kurtz. I'd rather see you two run off the board if anyone has to go.

I liked the guy's insight too, and told him as much.

But he rips anyone's head off if they don't salute his posts as gospel, which is a red flag. And gets very personal when he does it. He also got a little stalker on me, which is another red flag.

I suspect that if he is really gone, it has more to do with some serious issues he has in interpreting ratings data in the "ACC" thread. He has gotten "Ratings" and "Share", and "TV Sets" and "Total Viewers" completely confused. And he did it twice, once after I had pointed out his mistake. Even an interested lay-person in TV marketing should know the difference between the three. If he is the expert he claims to be, he should know this stuff cold. This is the equivalent of a CPA confusing revenue and net income or an equity trader confusing bid and ask. It just doesn't happen.

Reaction Score
I liked the guy's insight too, and told him as much.

But he rips anyone's head off if they don't salute his posts as gospel, which is a red flag. And gets very personal when he does it. He also got a little stalker on me, which is another red flag.

I suspect that if he is really gone, it has more to do with some serious issues he has in interpreting ratings data in the "ACC" thread. He has gotten "Ratings" and "Share", and "TV Sets" and "Total Viewers" completely confused. And he did it twice, once after I had pointed out his mistake. Even an interested lay-person in TV marketing should know the difference between the three. If he is the expert he claims to be, he should know this stuff cold. This is the equivalent of a CPA confusing revenue and net income or an equity trader confusing bid and ask. It just doesn't happen.
George, your propensity for exaggeration is astounding for someone who should be a mature man. I made one post - ONE - mocking Sam (aka Carl Spackler) for his long-winded, self-important posts. ONE. Other than that, I did not utter a cross word to anybody. And, I certainly did not "rip" anybody's head off at any point, nor did I get personal.

And, I never "confused" ratings & TV share, TV sets & total viewers. I was on auto-pilot in one thread and referred to total viewers as ratings. It's no different than my mom & grandmother who repeatedly call me by my uncle's name, b/c I look like my uncle and they're far more used to seeing him around than me. It does not mean my mom & grandmother are confused about who's who..............they just simply are operating on auto-pilot. That was the same deal in that one post.

I'm not disappearing for good, only for now. There aren't any active threads right now that interest me. And, my free time is limited. When there are, I'll pop back up.

Reaction Score

You need to look in the mirror, jackwad. Much of that (except the stalker part) fits you to a tee.

You have 1,902 posts and only 198 likes. Not a very good ratio.

I could probably set a monkey up with a computer, have it start banging away, and get a better ratio than you have.

You seem to think that shouting down anyone who disagrees with you makes you right. It just makes you annoying.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I could probably set a monkey up with a computer, have it start banging away, and get a better ratio than you have.

If you think we're not already overrun with monkeys banging away on keyboards, you have not been paying attention. In fact, Carl Spackler is actually a rhesus monkey that flunked out of the Chinese space program. (They couldn't get him to stop pressing the buttons...he blew 37 rockets up on the launch pad.)

Now, if you could train a chicken to randomly peck away at a keyboard, well, then you'd be breaking some new ground.

Reaction Score

i'm living proof that a monkey with a keyboard can get a better ratio. that being said it's kind of silly to think of that nonsense as some kind of qualifying report card

Reaction Score
Now, if you could train a chicken to randomly peck away at a keyboard, well, then you'd be breaking some new ground.

i lost TicTacToe to a chicken at the bridgewater fair when i was in high school. the first time hurt a little, after the 3rd time beating me in a row i was pretty much shamed out of the sport

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If you think we're not already overrun with monkeys banging away on keyboards, you have not been paying attention. In fact, Carl Spackler is actually a rhesus monkey that flunked out of the Chinese space program. (They couldn't get him to stop pressing the buttons...he blew 37 rockets up on the launch pad.)

And THIS ^^ is why Fishy has a good Post / Like ratio!! Well done, Fishy!

Reaction Score
You need to look in the mirror, jackwad. Much of that (except the stalker part) fits you to a tee.

You seem to think that shouting down anyone who disagrees with you makes you right. It just makes you annoying.

umm...that would place my ratio in the same neighborhood as "not very good". i like to think that is because our appeal is just a little more selective.

Reaction Score
i lost TicTacToe to a chicken at the bridgewater fair when i was in high school. the first time hurt a little, after the 3rd time beating me in a row i was pretty much shamed out of the sport
Since when was tic-tac-toe a sport?!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That was pretty funny, right there!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It's been a sport forever, but nobody started paying attention to it until 2002.

You could have had more attention before 2002.....if you had just scheduled ND in that home-and-home series!! (I couldn't resist...the Boneyard needs this kind of levity every now and then)

Reaction Score
You could have had more attention before 2002.....if you had just scheduled ND in that home-and-home series!! (I couldn't resist...the Boneyard needs this kind of levity every now and then)
No, no, you have it wrong. Tic-tac-toe should have been FBS, then people would have cared.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think a funny experiment would be for someone to go back to that ACC thread and substitute the words "football" or "UConn" with "tic-tac-toe". It might put a whole new perspective on how crazy adults (including myself) really are...

Reaction Score
Latest addition to the summary, we have self-admitted bandwagon fans who are threatening to hold their teddy bears and cry if we don't go to the ACC.

Reaction Score
It's been a sport forever, but nobody started paying attention to it until 2002.
Alas, under Marinatto's leadership, the Big East's tick-tack-toe TV numbers have been in steady decline, finishing last year just behind The Golden Girls reruns on TBS. But hey, on the bright side, under the Spackler Plan, an ocean-to-ocean tick-tack-toe conference schedule could put the Big East back on the map!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Alas, under Marinatto's leadership, the Big East's tick-tack-toe TV numbers have been in steady decline, finishing last year just behind The Golden Girls reruns on TBS. But hey, on the bright side, under the Spackler Plan, an ocean-to-ocean tick-tack-toe conference schedule could put the Big East back on the map!

FromTheInside, what are your feelings on the perfect number of tic-tac-toe teams in a conference? Also, what do you think about the ramifications of a tic-tac-toe team not belonging to an AAU institution?

(this is so much more fun when we talk about tic-tac-toe!!)

Reaction Score
FromTheInside, what are your feelings on the perfect number of tic-tac-toe teams in a conference? Also, what do you think about the ramifications of a tic-tac-toe team not belonging to an AAU institution?

(this is so much more fun when we talk about tic-tac-toe!!)
It's pretty obvious AAU membership is an asset to any tic-tac-toe playing schools, as the research dollars help fund tic-tac-toe strategery programs. Just look at the abysmal performance of the SEC teams that lack AAU membership. Several times each season, Auburn's tic-tac-toers start a fight b/c they read the board midway through a competition and think their opponent is hitting on them w/ all the Xs and Os. At Arkansas, they've had a hard time training their recruits not to jump up and play duck-duck-goose every time they hear "tic-tac-toe". Quite embarrassing to see one of them jump up mid-competition and start running around the table, mouth agape, 3 teef showing, yelling "you can'tst catched me!" SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom