Guidance requested | The Boneyard

Guidance requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I stoped by for my periodic update on UConn news and am faced with a marathon thread titled ACC. Before I get started can someone tell me if it is worth reading?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I stoped by for my periodic update on UConn news and am faced with a marathon thread titled ACC. Before I get started can someone tell me if it is worth reading?
It offers little hope that we are going to the ACC anytime soon, if that's what you are looking for. If you would like to read about Carl Spackler's stream-of-consciousness worldview, come on in.

Reaction Score
Here are the crib notes:

There are rumors the Big 12 is meeting with some acc schools about switching conferences
It won't happem
I have first hand knowledge that it might happen, the ACC is ripe for poaching, and there have been secret meetings.
Who are you?
Trust me I know
I don't believe you
Whatever
I also know that UCONN turning down the series with Notre Dame decreased UCONN's value to ESPN and the ACC. UCONN may allready be in the ACC if they did not turn down the series.
No WAY
Yes WAY
I knew that was a bad idea
No you didn't, only me and BL knew it was a bad idea.
The ND series had nothing to do with us not getting invited to the ACC
It was a factor
I've said it before and I will say it again.............
Carl writes long posts
People are watching
What else do you know?

Reaction Score
Here are the crib notes:

There are rumors the Big 12 is meeting with some acc schools about switching conferences
It won't happem
I have first hand knowledge that it might happen, the ACC is ripe for poaching, and there have been secret meetings.
Who are you?
Trust me I know
I don't believe you
Whatever
I also know that UCONN turning down the series with Notre Dame decreased UCONN's value to ESPN and the ACC. UCONN may allready be in the ACC if they did not turn down the series.
No WAY
Yes WAY
It was a factor
Carl writes long posts
People are watching
What else do you know?
If you run for President, I will vote for you just on the basis of the genius of your post above. I'm just glad I didn't have any beer in my mouth when I read it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

As another has alluded to, it's worth reading if Spackler is ignored.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
great job mets.

speaking of running for president, not that santorm had my vote but he def lost it after i read that story today.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here are the crib notes:

It won't happem
Who are you?
Trust me I know
I don't believe you
Whatever
No WAY
Yes WAY
It was a factor
Carl writes long posts
People are watching
What else do you know?

You have accomplished what I thought was impossible! If there was a way that I could "like" your post multiple times, I would make it happen. John Greene, you should take the 5 hours of your life that Metsfan2323 saved you just now, and "pay it forward".

Reaction Score
Actually it is a very good thread thus 26 pages and counting. FromTheInside has some very insightful posts. Some very believable, some questionable. His posts are the driving force of this thread. I believe he has some inside knowlege that we do not posess but he throws aa lot of personal opinion in also just like all message board posterers do. One poster said he was posting from his 3rd period French class, well, if so, it is still a good read. Carl posts a lot, and they are atypical Carl posts. READ IT.

Reaction Score
Here are the crib notes:

It won't happem
Who are you?
Trust me I know
I don't believe you
Whatever
No WAY
Yes WAY
It was a factor
Carl writes long posts
People are watching
What else do you know?
Thanks for the summary. I was wary of a topic that went on for soooooo long.

Reaction Score

Things are happening. Moves are being made and decisions will be made about the future. The cold winds are rising.... According to sources.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this summary is clearly behind. seems like mets didn't get to the last 4 chapeters of the book.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My take on the thread:

Someone posts something about the ACC
New poster shows up, seems to know a little bit about TV contracts, then all but claims to have been in the room when every realignment decision was made.
Rest of posters perform message board fellatio on him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
this summary is clearly behind. seems like mets didn't get to the last 4 chapeters of the book.

I saw this and just caught up. I think we can add two more bullets.
- Notre Dame tried to bang us like a $2 hooker....repeatedly.
- We're Julia Roberts, Notre Dame would have married us and gotten us A Country Club membership.

Reaction Score
My take on the thread:

New poster shows up, seems to know a little bit about TV contracts, then all but claims to have been in the room when every realignment decision was made.
Wow, you must live a sad little life to have to blatantly lie to feel good about yourself. Are you a middle child? Did you not get enough hugs or attention as a kid? Just b/c no one pays any attention to you on the board, doesn't mean the new guy who gets the attention doesn't know what he's talking about. I took a dead, 1-page thread and turned it into a 26-page discussion on realignment, TV contracts, etc. Every time someone had a question I answered it. If I didn't know, I said I didn't know. If it was my opinion, I said it was my opinion. If it was based on facts garnered from network or conference relationships, I said it was garnered from network/conference relationships. If the info came from higher-ups in my company, I said as much. You don't like my take on the effect of passing on the ND series, fine. But, my take is based on 100x more ACTUAL inside information than yours. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I dang sure am not throwing out uneducated opinions like you & Carl. I find it sad that rather than actually discussing realignment & TV contracts like an adult, you wasted about 30 posts trying.......as desperately as you could........to out me as a fraud, just so you could feel better about yourself.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no sleep to this thread goes 20+ pages!!!!!!!!!!!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wow, you must live a sad little life to have to blatantly lie to feel good about yourself. Are you a middle child? Did you not get enough hugs or attention as a kid? Just b/c no one pays any attention to you on the board, doesn't mean the new guy who gets the attention doesn't know what he's talking about. I took a dead, 1-page thread and turned it into a 26-page discussion on realignment, TV contracts, etc. Every time someone had a question I answered it. If I didn't know, I said I didn't know. If it was my opinion, I said it was my opinion. If it was based on facts garnered from network or conference relationships, I said it was garnered from network/conference relationships. If the info came from higher-ups in my company, I said as much. You don't like my take on the effect of passing on the ND series, fine. But, my take is based on 100x more ACTUAL inside information than yours. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I dang sure am not throwing out uneducated opinions like you & Carl. I find it sad that rather than actually discussing realignment & TV contracts like an adult, you wasted about 30 posts trying.......as desperately as you could........to out me as a fraud, just so you could feel better about yourself.

Doesn't worship FTI = uneducated. Got it.

I spent about a dozen posts defending my position. You are the one taking it personally.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
something about banning lol
I would actually love to see him try. If he weren't such an all-around nut I might actually vote for him for entertainment purposes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
My take on the thread:

I guess I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I want to click "like" on a post.

Reaction Score
Doesn't worship FTI = uneducated. Got it.

I spent about a dozen posts defending my position. You are the one taking it personally.
When I get my vacation time built back up, I'd love to take a trip to the fantasy land you've created in your head. Glad to hear when you accused half the board of performing oral sex on me as a result of enjoying my insights, that wasn't personal.

My time here is done. Enjoy your little fiefdom, GPDIII.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When I get my vacation time built back up, I'd love to take a trip to the fantasy land you've created in your head. Glad to hear when you accused half the board of performing oral sex on me as a result of enjoying my insights, that wasn't personal.

My time here is done. Enjoy your little fiefdom, GPDIII.

Fiefdom? Ninety-five percent of the board thinks he's nuts. The other five-percent are new.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
My take on the thread:

This is complete nonsense. He never made those claims. He brought something interesting to the table. He said he was in the business of media valuations, valuations which were solicited by various conferences and used, in part, for the consideration of realignment candidates by the conferences. He didn't make outrageous claims and didn't say why anything specifically did or did not happen. He offered insight. He wasn't an expert on the matter of conference alignment and admitted so. If he was engaged politely he could have been an asset to the board. Instead, you and Carl Sparkles decided you wanted to run him off the board.

Now he wants to leave and the rest of us are stuck stepping over your quick-hitting vapidity and Carl Sparkles self indulgent essays. Seriously, you had some good opinions on the other board. I may not have always agreed with them but they were well reasoned and respectful. Now you're just that crazy guy in the neighborhood who walks around talking to himself really loudly. Carl Sparkles rambling descent into madness reminds me of Colonel Kurtz. I'd rather see you two run off the board if anyone has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom