Guesses on start times for Furman MBB and Houston FB? (Update: MBB @ 12:00pm) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Guesses on start times for Furman MBB and Houston FB? (Update: MBB @ 12:00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Touchy, Touchy. Did your Metamucil not kick in yet? Where did I say "real fans?" If I didn't write it, you are at fault for attributing that quotation to me (And I didn't write it).

I set out what I believe the hierarchy should be for those fans who have ticket to BOTH events, and if your reading comprehension was even remotely up to snuff you would have seen above that the basketball game tip is TBD contingent on the football game (I don't know the veracity of this report, but it at least stands to reason). It doesn't seem like you have tix to both events, so go to the basketball game. I don't give a fly duckk, but understand what you are reading before you fire back half-c**ked.

Lol, so much anger in this post. Metamucil? I'm probably younger than you, dude. Anyone that tries to tell anyone else how to root for the program is out of line in my mind. If you have tickets to both, then go to whichever you would enjoy more. Nobody should be telling you that you're a bad fan for choosing one over the other, and I see a lot of that on the Boneyard.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Lol, so much anger in this post. Metamucil? I'm probably younger than you, dude. Anyone that tries to tell anyone else how to root for the program is out of line in my mind. If you have tickets to both, then go to whichever you would enjoy more. Nobody should be telling you that you're a bad fan for choosing one over the other, and I see a lot of that on the Boneyard.

And I didn't.

No matter how old you are, you can still get constipated. Don't be so touchy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
And I didn't.

No matter how old you are, you can still get constipated. Don't be so touchy.

You still told people where they "should be" on that day; it's the same thing.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You still told people where they "should be" on that day; it's the same thing.
Come off it. If that previous post is correct, the only conflict will potentially be between tailgating and the basketball game. I think we can all agree where someone should be given the choice and conflict.

I don't care for someone telling me how to spend my free time either, but for the sake ever one going forward, un-wad your under-garments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Got it, several people may attend the past "game" and it still won't matter to people following current day college sports. Brian Dowling and Calvin Hill aren't walking through the Bowl's tunnels anymore than Floyd Little or Jim Brown influence the current Syracuse teams. It's a party harkening back to yesteryear except of Yalies and Hahvad types, and won't have much impact on UCONN vs Houston nor Furman let alone next year's Tulane game. Regardless, enjoy the game.

You clearly underestimate the yearly harvard/Yale football game.

College gameday was at last years game. It's probably the most prestigious/rivalry centric football game in new England

Reaction Score
You clearly underestimate the yearly harvard/Yale football game.
Walter Camp invented American football, but even if resurrected he's not walking out of Grove Street Cemetary and impacting UCONN's respective gridiron and hoops games with Houston and Furman. Still, it's understood the once important game's a historical curiousity and ESPN played to declining cable subscribers living in yesteryear.

Reaction Score
What they should have said was, " For the benefit of UConn basketball ticket holders who are also football ticket holders, we're going have the game on a different goshdarn day."

Man, some folks are tough to please. They're making a concerted effort to accommodate the fans. Do you want them to helicopter you from one venue to the other?

Husky25

Reaction Score
If you have the opportunity to go to both, do it. If you have to chose, select Football
If the post I referenced is true, there will be no need to choose between the sporting events. Now, if someone complains that the basketball game cuts into their tailgating, then I think that opens up a different discussion.

Reaction Score
This is truly a remarkable thread. The only reason to not have set a time for the basketball game is because they don't want it to conflict with the football game so that fans can, if they want to, be at both.

If you don't want to be at both and think we should not play home football and basketball games on the same day, you are entitled to your opinion but instead of declaring that makes us a mid-major how about recognizing that maybe, just maybe, not everyone in the fanbase agrees with you and that no school can accomodate every particular desire of every season ticket holder as to scheduling.

Talk about an entire thread of self-entitled self -centered drivel. Sheesh.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
In other breaking news, the world is scheduled to end at 11:59 am on November 21. Damn, I was going to get to both games. I hear Yale-Harvsrd will be played regardless cuz those guys have big time connections.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You refuse to support the FB team

Choosing to go to a basketball game over a football game means I refuse to support the football team? You're pretty clearly a troll, and not a very interesting one at that, so looks like I'll be putting the ignore button to use again.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You refuse to support the FB team
Some people don't like football, and there is nothing wrong with that. Do you go to the field hockey games? I don't. It doesn't mean I don't take an interest in their success. I have never been to a UConn soccer game in my life and if they were to play next Saturday (It's tournament time isn't it?), I'm still going to the football game, but that is because I don't have a ticket to soccer.

My original post that got Rico fired up assumes someone had tickets to both events. The whole thing is probably moot. Both games ain't happening at the same time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Some people don't like football, and there is nothing wrong with that. Do you go to the field hockey games? I don't. It doesn't mean I don't take an interest in their success. I have never been to a UConn soccer game in my life and if they were to play next Saturday (It's tournament time isn't it?), I'm still going to the football game, but that is because I don't have a ticket to soccer.

My original post that got Rico fired up assumes someone had tickets to both events. The whole thing is probably moot. Both games ain't happening at the same time.

And just because I choose to go to the basketball game and am a bigger fan of that sport doesn't mean I don't want the football team to do well. I watch the games whenever I'm home and they're on, and I obviously want them to win. The two games aren't going to be on at the same time, but if I'm able to get home in time and watch the football game I will, and if not I'll still keep tabs on the score and hope they win. We're all on the same side here.

Reaction Score
And just because I choose to go to the basketball game and am a bigger fan of that sport doesn't mean I don't want the football team to do well. I watch the games whenever I'm home and they're on, and I obviously want them to win. The two games aren't going to be on at the same time, but if I'm able to get home in time and watch the football game I will, and if not I'll still keep tabs on the score and hope they win. We're all on the same side here.
I'll just be upset if we beat Tulane and the Rent is empty for Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky