Guess Bill Raftery's favorite games he's called... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Guess Bill Raftery's favorite games he's called...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I maintain to this day, and I would have even if we won, that the 6OT game was really dreadful basketball (in the overtimes, anyway). They sat in the zone and we just passed it around until we set a high screen for AJ Price at the end of the shot clock. Then we would just funnel everyone towards Thabeet, and Flynn and Harris would take turns trying to make 10-foot runners over him. You'd find pick up games with greater sophistication of basketball. The 4OT game with Cincy was more exciting with the shots being made - the difficult layup from Adams to force the third overtime is almost forgotten.

The UConn v. Cincy 4OT game was of higher quality, no question. But, by time a team gets to 6OT's, its not about quality, its about endurance with respect to who is left on the court and for those who are left, who has enough gas in the tank to play.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=290710041

Reaction Score
My favorite Raf call of all time...

Jeremy Lamb with a tomahawk against Columbia at Gampel. Watching the replay, as JL got high enough where, ahem, certain body parts are in the defender's face, and Raf yells out...

"rooster that baby!!!!"

I almost fell off my chair laughing. He is a treasure.

The best Raf moment in my life.
"The daggers in his holster, throughout his career, have been utterly extraordinary!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog