OT: - G'town Decommit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: G'town Decommit

Reaction Score
All the recruiting gurus have him as a Michigan lean. We don’t currently have any available scholarships. It sounds like AG might leave with the way Hurley is talking but with his relationship with TB and us having potentially big expectations for next year.. I think there’s a strong chance he’ll be back.

Losing is not fun for anyone. After the last 3 years, I assume AG assumed he'd move on to somewhere, whatever the level was, professional or college, where he could win or get paid.

If this team is good, with only Christian moving on, he might have another view come the end of the year. We'll see what happens.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Ewing will be coaching the Knicks in no time. With (almost) back to back 40 point losses they may have a coaching vacancy before the New Year.
Today they have a vacancy...

Reaction Score
Sometimes they don't get into trouble until they get to school - so how do you know?
Do you think DH said to himself, JB looks like he could make a stupid mistake but I'll take a chance?

Sometimes players are good in HS and stink in college and guess who gets blamed?

Reaction Score

with the exception of Michigan there's no school on this list we should be remotely intimidated by. wonder why hurley isn't interested

Reaction Score
Just not a position of need - if he wants to grow three inches and gain 75 pounds, maybe.

surewe don't need another wing but i thought he was an undersized PF in the jeff adrien mold. I've seen different measurements given upwards of 215 lbs

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
surewe don't need another wing but i thought he was an undersized PF in the jeff adrien mold. I've seen different measurements given upwards of 215 lbs

I don’t think you’re wrong there, but remember that we have Richie Springs, too.

Reaction Score
We don’t need him we need either a 4 year player/ glue guy. A grad transfer. A sit out year player. Or Big Cliff

Reaction Score
We need a Lasan Kromah type grad transfer. A bench glue guy who doesn’t expect tons of minutes

Reaction Score
We don’t need him we need either a 4 year player/ glue guy. A grad transfer. A sit out year player. Or Big Cliff

Williams would be a 4-year player but better than a glue guy. he wouldnt need to play much in 2020 but we'll definitely need bigs in 2021. i'd put him in the cliff/cardwell category from my post in another thread:

IMHO a grad-transfer is the last choice. next year we'll be a preseason top 20 team that's a legit 12 deep.

a grad-transfer would also mean Hurley has to bring in at least 4 new guys for 2021, and possibly up to 6 if akok and bouk leave after their sophomore seasons. 2021 isnt a deep year for talent in the north Atlantic so that would be a real challenge.

the ship has all but sailed on cliff and cardwell [and no other legit senior prospects left], so i hope he snags a sit out transfer. they wont complicate next year's minute distribution and Hurley would add between 3-5 guys in 2021, which is more manageable

even more specifically, i hope it's a sit out transfer PF/C since akok, springs, and ferguson are the only bigs on the roster that should still be here in 2021 (and maybe not even akok)

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Losing is not fun for anyone. After the last 3 years, I assume AG assumed he'd move on to somewhere, whatever the level was, professional or college, where he could win or get paid.

If this team is good, with only Christian moving on, he might have another view come the end of the year. We'll see what happens.

I am enjoying this year so far quite a bit, with AG, next years team could be verygood.

Guards: AG (5th year), RC (4th year), BA (Jr), JB (So), JG (So)

Wings: SW (4th year), Tyler Phommachanh (Sr), AA (3rd year), AJ (Fr)

Bigs: JC (Sr), IW (Sr), RS (2nd year), Javonte Brown Ferguson (Fr)

That is a incredibly deep and talented team that looks closer to what we expect at UConn.

Biggest flaw this year is not having any available scholarship players at 11, 12, 13.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I am enjoying this year so far quite a bit, with AG, next years team could be verygood.

That is a incredibly deep and talented team that looks closer to what we expect at UConn.

Biggest flaw this year is not having any available scholarship players at 11, 12, 13.
Just plug Bouk into the CV roll and go. That has to be one of the deepest most experienced teams in the country.

Reaction Score

This has to be our most talented team since 09 right? Maybe even 06.

Kind of crazy to think of how quick we turned it around.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Ewing will be coaching the Knicks in no time. With (almost) back to back 40 point losses they may have a coaching vacancy before the New Year.
Jim Dolan?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Down to 7 scholarship players now

That gets a "WOW" from me, dawg.

And probably best for GTown as these two are bad apples.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sometimes players are good in HS and stink in college and guess who gets blamed?
not addressing talent level at all
we are talking about kids who get into some type of trouble very early in their college careers

Reaction Score
FWIW, Georgetown recently played a great game against SMU, beating them 91 to 74.

The team still has McClung (19 and 7 assists) and Yurtseven (19 and 8 boards) to lead the team while Jahvon Blair stepped it up with a career high of 21 points while UCF grad transfer Terrell Allen had 10 assists.

Bottom line, their main six players of Yurt/McClung/Pickett/Moseley/Blair/Allen will be heavily leaned on while Wahab will get much more playing time.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom