OT: - G'town Decommit | The Boneyard

OT: G'town Decommit

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
It was only a matter of time before the fallout began. TerranceWilliam's, 6'6'" forward, Gonzaga HS, DC #78 decommits.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I actually don’t want Georgetown to fall apart and Ewing to be fired. He was a tangible reminder of the old big east and having a good Georgetown is immensely helpful for the Big East.

I suspect that ship has sailed though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ewing is in a tough spot. He has a discipline issue involving multiple players and it appears there may be some gray area in this situation. No one outside the parties directly involved knows.

I didn't like the Mullins or Ewing hires. Mullins is just not a hard enough worker to be a college coach, and he got his marquee win, and quit. Ewing busts his butt, but the track record of NBA Hall of Famers in the college coaching ranks is not great.

Reaction Score
Ewing is in a tough spot. He has a discipline issue involving multiple players and it appears there may be some gray area in this situation. No one outside the parties directly involved knows.

I didn't like the Mullins or Ewing hires. Mullins is just not a hard enough worker to be a college coach, and he got his marquee win, and quit. Ewing busts his butt, but the track record of NBA Hall of Famers in the college coaching ranks is not great.
For the millionth time, his name is Chris Mullin.

Reaction Score
Only place I've seen it so don't know the veracity...

Phavre Phan on Twitter: "BREAKING NEWS Patrick Ewing to step down as Georgetown coach in the coming days. #Hoyas" / Twitter

Reaction Score

Phavre Phan on Twitter: "BREAKING NEWS Patrick Ewing to step down as Georgetown coach in the coming days. #Hoyas" / Twitter

I think that's wishful thinking for that guy

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I haven't seen that anywhere else. Then again, I've done little more than a Google search for "Ewing Georgetown."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We’ve had our share of trouble makers. Laptops, scooters, domestics...
Every program has it - it's comes with having kids who, in most cases, are on their own and experience a first breath of freedom and decision making on their own
Our newest star was very fortunate that he was let off with a slap on the wrist - not sure a "regular" kid on the streets of Hartford or Manchester would receive such a generous offer with multitude of offenses.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You can’t recruit troublemakers
Sometimes they don't get into trouble until they get to school - so how do you know?
Do you think DH said to himself, JB looks like he could make a stupid mistake but I'll take a chance?

Reaction Score

The Ewing and Mullen hires were pathetic attempts are re-igniting former BE glory days which are long gone. Neither has been national irrelevant for decades. Sad.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If history has proved anything, it's that nothing can ever go wrong hiring a former player as your head coach.
I'm not sure that is exactly what Michael Corleone said (although it's an interesting interpretation of the Cancel Culture):

Reaction Score
What was the deal with Nate Miles? I think that was his name...Was he a troublemaker that we were taking a chance on? Caron had a dicey past - but came out well. So... you can't always assume the worst. I think arrival at school could be a bit of a shock to some... and causes problems. I really don't know. But, I do believe in second chances.

Reaction Score
The Ewing and Mullen hires were pathetic attempts are re-igniting former BE glory days which are long gone. Neither has been national irrelevant for decades. Sad.

gtown was on the brink of a comeback. they almost beat Duke last week and probably had the best young backcourt in the conference with akinjo and mcclung. terrence williams would have joined next year plus a better wahab. that's a good team so this is a real shame.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
UConn could recruit this guy right? Referencing 247 Sports, it looks as though we were never among his strong considerations or we never pursued this guy. Must be strong academically w/ schools like Stanford, UVA, ND and Michigan among his suitors.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
UConn could recruit this guy right? Referencing 247 Sports, it looks as though we were never among his strong considerations or we never pursued this guy. Must be strong academically w/ schools like Stanford, UVA, ND and Michigan among his suitors.
All the recruiting gurus have him as a Michigan lean. We don’t currently have any available scholarships. It sounds like AG might leave with the way Hurley is talking but with his relationship with TB and us having potentially big expectations for next year.. I think there’s a strong chance he’ll be back.

Reaction Score
Ewing will be coaching the Knicks in no time. With (almost) back to back 40 point losses they may have a coaching vacancy before the New Year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I am going to really miss playing ECU and USF. Really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom