Gregg Marshall being investigated for allegations of misconduct | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gregg Marshall being investigated for allegations of misconduct

Reaction Score
Punching a player in the face is such an absurd claim. Count me as skeptical. Need to see some kind of proof that he wasn’t like flailing his arms around and hit a kid or something. What I will say is that in recruiting Marshall obviously needs to be a little more self aware that his style just won’t work for a lot of kids in today’s age. He needs to only look at kids who want structure and a big time challenge.

I mean pretty much the entire team said he punched him, I don’t know what other proof you’d want

Reaction Score
JC was "sort of" a bully...this is not even close-I personally have called out some of his actions in the past. Still being very intimidating vs committing assault, making racist comments? Apples and oranges.

You're right. I recall lots of F-Bombs, especially very loud ones against Ruslan Inyatkin (in front of his young granddaughters in a very quiet XL Center in an early season game with low attendance) along with some intense berating of players during time outs.
There was also a night in Gampel when he blew up over a bad play by Stanley Robinson. As Stanley approached the huddle we all thought he was so out of control he would throw a punch. He clenched his right fist, drew back his right arm as Stanley approached him, and we were picturing the haymaker to his jaw but fortunately he had the sense to just glare at Stanley and turn his back on him. It looked like it could have been the ultimate Bobby Knight moment.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@August_West I'd say the difference is the lack of hate towards Calhoun post playing career. I'm not sure you can find any player that interpreted his 'intensity' the way the Wichita players see Marshall. Many even few him as a father figure.

But I'm sure you're right that some of his tactics to toughen up teams would rub people the wrong way today. I just doubt they're as bad as the allegations made in the report.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder what Alterique is thinking right now. That kid cannot catch a break. It's like he took the Brady Bunch Tiki idol from Hawaii or something.

1602262845858.png

Reaction Score
I wish we could stop talking about the AA...? Auto Association of America? My battery's fine. Thanks.

Reaction Score
You're right. I recall lots of F-Bombs, especially very loud ones against Ruslan Inyatkin (in front of his young granddaughters in a very quiet XL Center in an early season game with low attendance) along with some intense berating of players during time outs.
There was also a night in Gampel when he blew up over a bad play by Stanley Robinson. As Stanley approached the huddle we all thought he was so out of control he would throw a punch. He clenched his right fist, drew back his right arm as Stanley approached him, and we were picturing the haymaker to his jaw but fortunately he had the sense to just glare at Stanley and turn his back on him. It looked like it could have been the ultimate Bobby Knight moment.

The last few years of the Calhoun era, there were some moments where things could've gotten really bad with the tv cameras on but he never went over that line. Calhoun was known to be much calmer during practices though and more of a teacher. Marshall and Rice and some others seem like complete psychos during practice. College coaches constantly preach accountability, respect, and other values that they should also adhere to.

Reaction Score
That is one lame statement. He'll probably be staying with some kind of mild censure.

Reaction Score
I remember when I was a boss. I punched subordinates all the time. Yeah right-

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I remember when I was a boss. I punched subordinates all the time. Yeah right-
Only when really needed it to reach their fully potential because you cared passionately for them?

Reaction Score
Notably absent from his statement: any denial that he physically assaulted his players.
He knows Wichita State is nothing without the Kochs, and they're friends of his

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The whole Marshall family seem like flaming arseholes. Here's the daughter getting into it with someone at a game. I could look past her personality though.

View attachment 59687
Notably absent from his statement: any denial that he physically assaulted his players.
That started as a chuckle which morphed into a belly laugh.
He knows Wichita State is nothing without the Kochs, and they're friends of his
"I just guess my style of love aint for everyone!" says abuser
Who gives a crap

I'm equally ashamed of each and every one of you.

Untitled.png

Reaction Score
The whole Marshall family seem like flaming arseholes. Here's the daughter getting into it with someone at a game. I could look past her personality though.

View attachment 59687
Eh, nothing special. Maybe I have just been spoiled by Serbia and eastern European women.

Whatever WSU does, they need to act in some major way by Monday I figure. Maybe Not fire right away necessarily (as due diligence is needed), but some big statement.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

The last few years of the Calhoun era, there were some moments where things could've gotten really bad with the tv cameras on but he never went over that line. Calhoun was known to be much calmer during practices though and more of a teacher. Marshall and Rice and some others seem like complete psychos during practice. College coaches constantly preach accountability, respect, and other values that they should also adhere to.
I agree, Calhoun was often very quiet in practice. Not the image most would have. Sure, he was very competitive, but much of what he did game day I always thought was an act and by design. Having said that, it was also some kind of release that he enjoyed. He truly loved that part of his job and the big moments. He eventually learned to channel all that to his players, so they would overachieve in big games rather than being tight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom