Gregg Marshall being investigated for allegations of misconduct | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gregg Marshall being investigated for allegations of misconduct

Reaction Score
The dude is wired tight.... No coach should be getting physical with their players... Hope AG's year isn't trashed by this scene.. He deserves better..

Reaction Score
If these wind up to be true - and given the number of people that came forward, I imagine they are - there's no way he survives this, right?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If these wind up to be true - and given the number of people that came forward, I imagine they are - there's no way he survives this, right?

Correct.

It blows my mind that large institutions actually believe they can get away with this kind of thing. As soon as these allegations were brought to the AD he should've placed Marshall on paid leave and announced that there was going to be an investigation.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He's a madman.

We once had a madman as coach who won us three titles.

In no way is this an excuse for Marhsalls seemingly abhorrent behavior, but he actually made a minor school pretty damn successful over the last decade.

Its a different time. Again not an excuse. But context.

Reaction Score
I was a big Marshall guy, but I can’t see how you can employ someone after this. What Morris said alone is too much, and obviously when half of the program leaves there’s always a reason.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
He's a madman.

In no way is this an excuse for Marhsalls seemingly abhorrent behavior, but he actually made a minor school pretty damn successful over the last decade.

Don't ever compare Calhoun to this guy. Calhoun also never put his hands on a player/coach like this. The disrespect.

August_West

Reaction Score
Don't ever compare Calhoun to this guy. Calhoun also never put his hands on a player/coach like this. The disrespect.

You know what, I answered this because I had perspective, but just edited because its not a rabbit hole I think is productive to go down in this thread. We are all UConn fans and I have no desire to point out stuff about a man we all (including me) hold in the highest esteem.

But its futile to make that point here because we will all be hypocrites on this because of our devotion.

Point being, Calhouns style wouldve come under fire in 2020. Trust me on that.

Reaction Score
When Calhoun starts punching students at intersections let me know.

Awful post.

He's a madman.

August_West

Reaction Score

Awful post.

whatever helps you through the night.

Reaction Score

Awful post.
also, as tough and demanding as Calhoun is with his players, the vast majority of them talk fondly of him after they graduate and move on in life. It's called tough love for a reason, the last word is more important than the first word.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
This is next level Bobby Knight stuff.

How can you compare Calhoun to what Gregg Marshall did?

Was Calhoun a mad man, sure but a different type that used that energy to draw the talent he saw in his players out of them. I have never heard of any instance of Calhoun putting his hands on a player, staff, or student athlete let alone disrespecting them at this level. I had the pleasure of watching some UConn practices in my time at UConn and yes he was hard on his players but never disrespectful and never in a physically aggressive manner.

Reaction Score
He's a madman.

Calhoun (and Hurley to an extent) are madmen about winning. Calhoun wasn't punching kids through car windows because of minor parking incidents or choking out assistant coaches. Calhoun is a generally good person with an extremely competitive nature. He treats people with respect until they lose it. From what this says, Marshall is just a d bag in every part of his life.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Punching a player in the face is such an absurd claim. Count me as skeptical. Need to see some kind of proof that he wasn’t like flailing his arms around and hit a kid or something. What I will say is that in recruiting Marshall obviously needs to be a little more self aware that his style just won’t work for a lot of kids in today’s age. He needs to only look at kids who want structure and a big time challenge.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Punching a player in the face is such an absurd claim. Count me as skeptical. Need to see some kind of proof that he wasn’t like flailing his arms around and hit a kid or something. What I will say is that in recruiting Marshall obviously needs to be a little more self aware that his style just won’t work for a lot of kids in today’s age. He needs to only look at kids who want structure and a big time challenge.

Why am I not surprised that you're letting him completely off the hook?

Reaction Score

You think he was flailing his arms and hit the kid twice at completely different times? Once initially after the contact and then again later as he was walking out of the practice because he didn't want to "roll around on the second court" for the remainder of practice?

Both from behind, by the way.

Reaction Score
He's a madman.

JC was "sort of" a bully...this is not even close-I personally have called out some of his actions in the past. Still being very intimidating vs committing assault, making racist comments? Apples and oranges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom