Gregg Marshall being investigated for allegations of misconduct | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gregg Marshall being investigated for allegations of misconduct

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
Rough stuff. I have heard that a lot of coaches are rude and hard to get a long with. Obviously physical violence or whatever should never be tolerated. If true he should be fired and given at minimum 5 year ban from coaching.

I am all for a little tough love when needed, but some of these situations given are ridiculous.

C

Chief00

This (AG transfer to WSU) doesn’t happen without Hurley. I wonder how he feels about these allegations?

Reaction Score
Right on this guy has got to go. This guy is in a league of his own surpassing Bobby Knight and that's hard to do. Both these guys know there bb for sure but this treatment of young men who came there to play college basketball and grow as people and have to endure a coach like that is totally unforgivable and shows ignorance.

Reaction Score
The Mount Rushmore of coaches...Knight. Rice. Eustachy? Marshall?

Who do you have?

Reaction Score
This sums up why they probably will try to not fire him.

The portrait that emerges from the stories isn’t just one of a deranged coach. It veers into an ethically challenged university allowing a coach to act this way. Ultimately, this shows how a small-time university thirsty for a sliver of national notoriety enabled its star coach instead of deterring his behavior and demanding change. To say that the athletic department and university higher-ups didn’t hear about this behavior means that they pressed their palms firmly against their ears and screamed loud enough to drown out the bad news.

Reaction Score
This sums up why they probably will try to not fire him.

The portrait that emerges from the stories isn’t just one of a deranged coach. It veers into an ethically challenged university allowing a coach to act this way. Ultimately, this shows how a small-time university thirsty for a sliver of national notoriety enabled its star coach instead of deterring his behavior and demanding change. To say that the athletic department and university higher-ups didn’t hear about this behavior means that they pressed their palms firmly against their ears and screamed loud enough to drown out the bad news.

Makes sense why he never moved schools now. I'm sure he would've had more than enough opportunity

Reaction Score
Could Alterique please transfer for his own sake?

Love the guy and there are plenty of good teams who can use his leadership in the backcourt and still get PT.

East Tennessee State comes to mind as it's a great mid-major program in a solid conference and just four hours from his hometown. He'll get immediate PT with Davien Williamson transferring along with Steve Forbes and Patrick Good recently opting out.

Reaction Score
Yikes.

Really sad to see this but I guess there always have been supporters and groups who don't care about ethics or morality, just winning

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Yikes.

Wow. My cousin played and did well for the Shockers during the late 80's and 90's. He is pretty close with X man and apparently McDaniels influence remains strong in Wichita. So, I suspect his endorsement was quite the feather for Marshall.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Wow. My cousin played and did well for the Shockers during the late 80's and 90's. He is pretty close with X man and apparently McDaniels influence remains strong in Wichita. So, I suspect his endorsement was quite the feather for Marshall.
With that said, who cares what X thinks. Marshall is scum and needs to go.

C

Chief00

Sometimes what the well intended Casual Fan misses is how difficult it is to dribble against a guy as quick as AG with such a low center of gravity, when he pressures full court. Just out of frustration and tiredness, the tendency is to pick up your dribble.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Sometimes what the well intended Casual Fan misses is how difficult it is to dribble against a guy as quick as AG with such a low center of gravity, when he pressures full court. Just out of frustration and tiredness, the tendency is to pick up your dribble.

I'd change "Casual Fan" to "Blind Fan."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom