Greatest Sports Photo Ever | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Greatest Sports Photo Ever

Reaction Score
I’m a BOSOX fan but Gehrig farewell is special
1629376333521.jpeg

Reaction Score
I googled search El Amin. Wanted to find the picture of him standing on the scorers table after big win (Duke or Pitt?). Anyone have it?
Got me looking and came upon the YouTube of the game. That ending when the players realize they’ve won — I’m not even a UConn alum but boy that was an amazing exhilarating moment. Heart pounding to see that again.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
like the fisk thing (no fan of the sawx here, but 'liked' that one for it's epicness), a ball fan should appreciate this classic moment, too.
1c978b8504c22e2e93b34b7622a9b914.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, after four pages and more than 24 hours, I'm beginning to get a sense of epicness for myself.

Top Two- Jesse Owens and US Olympic hockey team. Photos that show how sports can transcend sport.

Top Tier- Kemba shot, Fisk's HR wave, Jordan's dunk and Nicklaus at the Masters. Why? All those shots were taken in the middle of an event before the outcome was known. Okay, the second shot of Fisk jumping up and down is afterwards but the wave was before it. Love the uncertainty of the time of the picture against knowing one second later the story is told.

Second tier- Boxing KO photos. As I mentioned in a few pics, a pure KO where the loser is out cold on the ground while the victor stands triumphant is one of the purest forms of sport and dominance. Love the Hagler/Hearns photo with the ref staring out Hagler to make sure Hagler has already snapped out of the moment and knows the fight is over.

Third tier- By itself based on entries in this thread, Greg Lloyd Jr knocking off football helmet against NDU. Any time you can get an epic shot against NDU it goes up a notch or two but it is perfectly shot right at the moment of impact of an RB trying to leap the pile and a LB trying to stuff the jump. Perfect.

Things that don't excite me are any of the staged photos or photo shoots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom