Greatest Sports Photo Ever | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Greatest Sports Photo Ever

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He’s already been paid 900K of that…it is September after all.
I know but he had really an off season last year, game wise. Just adds to the bitterness I have on how he has handled things, now and in the past.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I know but he had really an off season last year, game wise. Just adds to the bitterness I have on how he has handled things, now and in the past.
I know how you feel, but even considering outcomes, etc., who have we ever secured as a better HC?

And I mean that comment as the double edge sword that it is meant to be.

Reaction Score
I know how you feel, but even considering outcomes, etc., who have we ever secured as a better HC?

And I mean that comment as the double edge sword that it is meant to be.
He rode the wave personally. But I get it. He could of retired last year, he knew what he was doing $$ wise.
Wave Surfing GIF

Reaction Score
The Hall of Fame begs to differ.
Can’t tell me him playing every day didn’t hurt his team I could pick apart those numbers you posted but I BBC won’t in this thread I’ll just stick with overrated

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Can’t tell me him playing every day didn’t hurt his team I could pick apart those numbers you posted but I BBC won’t in this thread I’ll just stick with overrated
You could possibly pick apart the stats (but stats are just that- stats. hard to argue with) That's missing the point of the guy's value In my opinion. I've never had any particular love for Ripken or the Orioles. But most people don't say he was the best glove ever, or the best slugger ever, or the best shortstop ever (all should probably be based on stats). Look at his impact on MLB, public opinion of the sport, his affect on teammates, his ungodly longevity, his total commitment to his sport and his team, and the fans. PLUS his stats.

He's overrated, really? That's the position you want to take?

Reaction Score
Let me add a personal favorite:

View attachment 69237

When I saw the thread title...this is what immediately came to mind. I actually met Varitek at a Greenville Drive game a few years ago. Good guy, didn't mind talking, but he clearly didn't want to talk about this. I love the lore that says that 'tek said, "We don't throw at .230 hitters"

Reaction Score
A cliff notes version of this thread:

Too much dust in this place.. (sniff)

On another note, “Oh, the band is out on the field”, in that Stanford-Cal game always cracks me up. Awesome!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just looked at what was called the "greatest 100 sports photos". They must not have included the greatest sports photo of all time!
View attachment 69229
Rash was at the St Johns game at Gampel last week throwing shirts into crowd loved seeing him .

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
View attachment 72615 I
love this one Pedro shouldve kicked him after too.
:)
Pedro didn’t do much more than get out of the way, but I agree it’s a great moment mostly because of the two people in it. It is instantly recognizable and pretty much everyone laughs when seeing it. You have to love Zim going after Pedro.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom