GREAT win | The Boneyard

GREAT win

Reaction Score
Did not see that coming. We were shooting well in the first half but, with 3:30 left til the break, were getting out-rebounded 22-7. The rest of the way we didn't shoot as well, but killed them on the boards 30-15.

EASILY our best win of the year, and I continue to invest in Carlton stock. Polley & Whaley also had above-adequate games as well.

Starting to get bullish on this team's ability to make the NIT. 4-2 in their last six and a winnable game at Temple coming up...

Reaction Score
Did not see that coming. We were shooting well in the first half but, with 3:30 left til the break, were getting out-rebounded 22-7. The rest of the way we didn't shoot as well, but killed them on the boards 30-15.

EASILY our best win of the year, and I continue to invest in Carlton stock. Polley & Whaley also had above-adequate games as well.

Starting to get bullish on this team's ability to make the NIT. 4-2 in their last six and a winnable game at Temple coming up...
Sums up what I saw. Plus we are taking better 3 point shots ala Villanova. Very good win.

Reaction Score
Nice win really happy about that. Defense was outstanding and it helped SMU didn't shoot well. Liked what I saw from the freshman and I know I'm a broken record here but I'd really like to see them get the ball to Carlton more.

Reaction Score
Dumb bit of trivia - Carlton just pulled down more boards against SMU than anyone in program history. I can't wait to see what he looks like as an upperclassman.
Not dumb. Love it!
He needs the ball more on the block. He has good hands, good footwork, always keeps it high, and is learning how to seal his man. Needs strength badly but he has better tools than any big we've had in some time.
I think his limited number of touches tonight was more a factor of the guards being hot.

Reaction Score
He needs the ball more on the block. He has good hands, good footwork, always keeps it high, and is learning how to seal his man. Needs strength badly but he has better tools than any big we've had in some time.
he's half a step slow. it will come with time. I would like to feed him more, though, if not just for his development.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Sums up what I saw. Plus we are taking better 3 point shots ala Villanova. Very good win.
We need to work in some inside-out play, instead of just swinging the ball around. We do look better with only two guards on the floor. But for that the 3 has to be Larrier or Polley.

Reaction Score
he's half a step slow. it will come with time. I would like to feed him more, though, if not just for his development.
Yes but you can see it is right there under the surface, and even when he misses he's around the basket. UConn shot well tonight but we don't usually. Those are the nights we should be getting him the ball more. It will help on the perimeter too.

Reaction Score
Best UConn performance in a long time. I really like to watch Carlton, Whaley, and Polley. Congrats to the coaches and the player's on a very good win.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I saw more confidence the 2nd half. Plus it looked like they were having fun out there. Nice to see keeping SMU at bay trying to make a comeback. Very good defense. To me Vital is the man. Beat Temple and we might be making a run.

Reaction Score
I agree Carlton needs more touches here and there. Not that he is in bad shape, but he'll get stronger. I hope we get to see him in the next few years with a real strong base. With his foot work and hands he could be a really solid all-around big man. I want to see more of Polley. I think the game is still a little fast for him at times as it for many freshman. I still think he can be a really good player down the line.

Reaction Score
Yes but you can see it is right there under the surface, and even when he misses he's around the basket. UConn shot well tonight but we don't usually. Those are the nights we should be getting him the ball more. It will help on the perimeter too.
for sure. the pieces are there

Reaction Score
Probably because he’s the first big man we’ve had in a while that didn’t trade a soccer ball for a basketball 5 minutes before arriving on campus. Need a few of these guys who may not be explosive athletes but just know how to play

Reaction Score
I agree Carlton needs more touches here and there. Not that he is in bad shape, but he'll get stronger. I hope we get to see him in the next few years with a real strong base. With his foot work and hands he could be a really solid all-around big man. I want to see more of Polley. I think the game is still a little fast for him at times as it for many freshman. I still think he can be a really good player down the line.

I will say this we were a better team on D with Polley out there than Terry he did a nice job defensively he bothered some guys with his length. He had a nice game happy for him.

Reaction Score
I will say this we were a better team on D with Polley out there than Terry he did a nice job defensively he bothered some guys with his length. He had a nice game happy for him.
Polley strikes me as someone who needs to get his shots and touches in-game if he's going to get better. He's someone Ollie needs to let play through mistakes. Very smooth player, typically has the right idea even if he doesn't execute.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Good win!!! as it's always good to visit the site after beating a team who has owned us over the past few years...although I hate too see none of you "batches" want to give KO his props for a good game plan and having his team ready...go huskies!!! Keep fighting #bleedblue

Reaction Score
Polley strikes me as someone who needs to get his shots and touches in-game if he's going to get better. He's someone Ollie needs to let play through mistakes. Very smooth player, typically has the right idea even if he doesn't execute.

Agree let him play and learn. Next for him is to catch it on the wing and face the basket with thoughts of shooting, driving or passing because for now there's too much catch and immediate pass back to the guard. He will get there I feel there's a nice piece of a 3-4 year puzzle in this kid at the very least.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom