GREAT win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GREAT win

Reaction Score
Agree let him play and learn. Next for him is to catch it on the wing and face the basket with thoughts of shooting, driving or passing because for now there's too much catch and immediate pass back to the guard. He will get there I feel there's a nice piece of a 3-4 year puzzle in this kid at the very least.
Polley, Carlton and Whaley all have good instincts. They're just not ready for prime time yet.

Reaction Score
Move over UCF, by far the best win of the season over a team that has beaten zona, USC and WSU. Now if only SMU had not lost to UNI and WKU, would have made this win all the better.

Just the same, just 1 win so lets see if this brings some momentum, finally, to the team...

Reaction Score
Polley, Carlton and Whaley all have good instincts. They're just not ready for prime time yet.

Whaley has excellent instincts going to be very good. Hope he works hard on his body and offensive game.

Reaction Score
Good win!!! as it's always good to visit the site after beating a team who has owned us over the past few years...although I hate too see none of you "batches" want to give KO his props for a good game plan and having his team ready...go huskies!!! Keep fighting #bleedblue
Ollie did a nice job once Anderson's foul trouble forced us to go away from the 3-guard set. That's when we started killing them on the boards.

Reaction Score
Did not see that coming. We were shooting well in the first half but, with 3:30 left til the break, were getting out-rebounded 22-7. The rest of the way we didn't shoot as well, but killed them on the boards 30-15.

EASILY our best win of the year, and I continue to invest in Carlton stock. Polley & Whaley also had above-adequate games as well.

Starting to get bullish on this team's ability to make the NIT. 4-2 in their last six and a winnable game at Temple coming up...

Every win is a great win.

Took us about 5 minutes to let the fans sit down because we hadn't scored. Then put up 11 points in the next two minutes.

Love the W. Still haven't seen a pretty game.

Reaction Score
Ollie did a nice job once Anderson's foul trouble forced us to go away from the 3-guard set. That's when we started killing them on the boards.
Why has it taken all season for him to realize Anderson and our 3 guard lineup sucks? Why has it taken this long to realize we can actually look pretty good with Jalen, Vital, Polley, Whaley, and Carlton playing together?

Reaction Score
He needs the ball more on the block. He has good hands, good footwork, always keeps it high, and is learning how to seal his man. Needs strength badly but he has better tools than any big we've had in some time.
And he always plays big. He has some long arms. Definitely need to run more offense through him. Didn’t KO say that last game. Maybe run pick and rolls.

Reaction Score
I guess I have been around too long when I don't feel the giddy excitement expressed here. This as #85 upsets #53 in the nation in a home game.
Never thought we would forever be on the top, but I never thought we would be this low again. Ahh it's my problem....
I'm happy for the fans that are so happy...

Reaction Score
I'll take any game we can win.

They still beat a team hampered by a lot of injuries and is already kind of schizophrenic. Win's a win, but whatever.

Reaction Score
Both team missing important players...

But this game proved we can play together as one.

Young bloods taking it one game at a time. With Cobb out Carlton is playing pretty dang good.

Stone Cold likes this win.

Reaction Score
I guess I have been around too long when I don't feel the giddy excitement expressed here. This as #85 upsets #53 in the nation in a home game.
Never thought we would forever be on the top, but I never thought we would be this low again. Ahh it's my problem....
I'm happy for the fans that are so happy...
Guess I've been around too long to understand the morose depression expressed here. I'm happy for you being so happily unhappy.

Reaction Score
We need to work in some inside-out play, instead of just swinging the ball around. We do look better with only two guards on the floor. But for that the 3 has to be Larrier or Polley.
Without a doubt. We have to get the ball down in the block with some credible inside threat. This collapses the D and frees up the 3. Going around the horn and playing 40 feet from the hoop doesn't cut it. Much better movement tonight and some spurts of imside play helped a bunch.

Reaction Score
I'll take any game we can win.

They still beat a team hampered by a lot of injuries and is already kind of schizophrenic. Win's a win, but whatever.
Come on, the injury bug has hit us as bad as anyone the past 2 seasons.

Reaction Score
I will say this we were a better team on D with Polley out there than Terry he did a nice job defensively he bothered some guys with his length. He had a nice game happy for him.
Well except for when he put his hands down on the 3. Hopefully he can get more confidence with his shot. It isn’t going down even with good form.

Reaction Score
Did people notice we made our run with Anderson on the bench in the second half. Anderson gives us Very little on offense if he can’t even drive without charging. You only play 3 guards if they all can score or at end of the game when winning for handling and ft’s. Anderson can’t score to save his life and at least Polley gives us some rebounding and length on D.

Reaction Score
Come on, the injury bug has hit us as bad as anyone the past 2 seasons.
Yeah, Suoerjohn and I are most downed about this team and we can see that was s good win for us. I was surprised I guess the players haven’t quit on KO as defense is still there. Offense still sucks but we will win game this year with our D.

Reaction Score
Did people notice we made our run with Anderson on the bench in the second half. Anderson gives us Very little on offense if he can’t even drive without charging. You only play 3 guards if they all can score or at end of the game when winning for handling and ft’s. Anderson can’t score to save his life and at least Polley gives us some rebounding and length on D.

Given where this team is at and where there's actual talent on the roster - I have no idea how or why Anderson would be getting significant minutes heading forward.

He's just not a good player. Or for that matter - almost the entirety of the roster outside of Adams, Vital, Polley, Whaley, Carlton. To me - they get the overwhelming bulk of the minutes. Diarra is raw, I'd like to see him get the bulk of the time off the bench. I have no idea what to think of Larrier anymore.

But that's gotta be the core rotation and then you just mix and match here. Whatever happens with Larrier happens with him. Anderson is just not good. Williams isn't good. Cobb's obviously more or less gone. Get those kids the minutes, see what happens.

Reaction Score
Given where this team is at and where there's actual talent on the roster - I have no idea how or why Anderson would be getting significant minutes heading forward.

He's just not a good player. Or for that matter - almost the entirety of the roster outside of Adams, Vital, Polley, Whaley, Carlton. To me - they get the overwhelming bulk of the minutes. Diarra is raw, I'd like to see him get the bulk of the time off the bench. I have no idea what to think of Larrier anymore.

But that's gotta be the core rotation and then you just mix and match here. Whatever happens with Larrier happens with him. Anderson is just not good. Williams isn't good. Cobb's obviously more or less gone. Get those kids the minutes, see what happens.
I would give larrier a pass as he was hurt the past few games. I agee about Anderson needs to play a more limited role going forward. He plays hard but just sucks. I would love to never see David O play a game. I guesss diarra must be in Ollie’s dog house to not get minutes.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Really liked seeing Carlton, Whaley, Polley, Adams and Vital out there together. I hope we see a lot more of that from here on out.

It's a big if, but if Adams comes back and we get a healthy Gilbert and Diarra, I'm optimistic we could fight for a tourney bid.

Reaction Score
Really liked seeing Carlton, Whaley, Polley, Adams and Vital out there together. I hope we see a lot more of that from here on out.

It's a big if, but if Adams comes back and we get a healthy Gilbert and Diarra, I'm optimistic we could fight for a tourney bid.
Lets just take this season one game at a time. We have no idea what the roster will look like next season with what has transpired so far. It could go either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom