GREAT win | Page 3 | The Boneyard

GREAT win

Reaction Score
I would give larrier a pass as he was hurt the past few games. I agee about Anderson needs to play a more limited role going forward. He plays hard but just sucks. I would love to never see David O play a game. I guesss diarra must be in Ollie’s dog house to not get minutes.

I'm with you at this point. The two grad transfers are just... not good. And really shouldn't get any kind of significant minutes heading forward. Seemingly good kids, but they've just played themselves to the bench to me. To the point where they're actual liabilities.

I really think Carlton, Whaley, Polley, Adams and Vital are the starting 5 and just need to play with each other as much as possible. Diarra needs minutes and he's easy to work in. I know he's a hack machine but at this point, who cares? Maybe he figures it out. He's only going to get better if he's playing. I'm with you on Larrier, but to me - whatever they get out of him, they get. I'd love for him to be that top-40 dude he was out of high school, I just don't know if he ever will be. If he does, great. If he doesn't, oh well.

Next year, even if you lose Larrier and Adams, you have Gilbert to plug in. Wilson to plug in. Hopefully Diarra is a little better and Kisunias replaces him as the front court plug-in guy. And of course Akinjo basically takes the place of Anderson as your guard off the bench. If Adams comes back, great - we've got a shot at the tournament. If not, some things will need to happen - but we're a measurably better roster.

Reaction Score
I'm with you at this point. The two grad transfers are just... not good. And really shouldn't get any kind of significant minutes heading forward. Seemingly good kids, but they've just played themselves to the bench to me. To the point where they're actual liabilities.

I really think Carlton, Whaley, Polley, Adams and Vital are the starting 5 and just need to play with each other as much as possible. Diarra needs minutes and he's easy to work in. I know he's a hack machine but at this point, who cares? Maybe he figures it out. He's only going to get better if he's playing. I'm with you on Larrier, but to me - whatever they get out of him, they get. I'd love for him to be that top-40 dude he was out of high school, I just don't know if he ever will be. If he does, great. If he doesn't, oh well.

Next year, even if you lose Larrier and Adams, you have Gilbert to plug in. Wilson to plug in. Hopefully Diarra is a little better and Kisunias replaces him as the front court plug-in guy. And of course Akinjo basically takes the place of Anderson as your guard off the bench. If Adams comes back, great - we've got a shot at the tournament. If not, some things will need to happen - but we're a measurably better roster.
I wouldn’t count on Gilbert with his injury history. We need to find another ball handler for next years team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lets just take this season one game at a time. We have no idea what the roster will look like next season with what has transpired so far. It could go either way.

True. I'd like to see them finish strong and hopefully get into the NIT (barring a run in the AAC Tournament ).

Reaction Score
We have to play Anderson because we need someone else that handles the ball.

If he plays like the last game, seven points, three rebounds, four assists, one TO, then he's a plus.

He just went through one of the worst slumps in UConn history. 0-20 from the arc. That is a lot of adversity to overcome.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

If he plays like the last game, seven points, three rebounds, four assists, one TO, then he's a plus.

He just went through one of the worst slumps in UConn history. 0-20 from the arc. That is a lot of adversity to overcome.

He also did a fairly decent job on shake when he was on him

Reaction Score

You are correct. We ask Adams to play 40 minutes, lead the team in scoring and assists and play some defense too. Anderson gives Adams a break from ball handling and gives us some good perimeter defense but no offense. As such, Ollie will play him to help Adams but he is not taking Adams out of the game. Until Ollie is comfortable taking Jalen out of the game for some rest, Anderson is going to get his minutes. For that to happen, our front court has to get better. If Carlton becomes a offensive force later on this season then maybe we would get the lineup that everyone wants out there. Until then, we see plenty of AA this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom