Great Win Tonight!!! | The Boneyard

Great Win Tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hamilton, Miller, and Purvis were awesome. The rest of the team (outside of Facey) had some struggles, but that trio is separating themselves from the rest of the roster as our best players. I want the ball in their hands late in the game. Unless Purvis decides to keep missing his free throws.

Reaction Score
Hamilton, Miller, and Purvis were awesome. The rest of the team (outside of Facey) had some struggles, but that trio is separating themselves from the rest of the roster as our best players. I want the ball in their hands late in the game. Unless Purvis decides to keep missing his free throws.

You are dissing the ONLY guy I want at the foul line in close games.

Reaction Score
It's a huge win that gives us some margin for error in conference play. Had we lost, we really couldn't afford many slip-ups.

Reaction Score
Yes. It really feels like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. So going into conference play we have a record of 9-3 with a win at Texas and vs Ohio St. I would love to have taken down Maryland, Cuse, or Gonzaga, but it is what it is and there is a lot more games that need to be played. I don't care what anybody has to say about Ohio St or Texas, all I know is we have a win vs a team that beat Kentucky and a win vs a team that beat North Carolina. I think we are pretty good!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You are dissing the ONLY guy I want at the foul line in close games.

Who, Purv? I love the guy, absolutely love him, but his free throw shooting is terrifying.

Reaction Score
For those of you saying this wasn't a "must win": According to ESPN, this was our first win over a top 50 team. That's right, Michigan is sub-50 now.

Texas is the last top-50 OOC team we will play this year (and by year's end, may be only one of three). This win is absolutely huge for the resume. We are back in the top 25 come next Monday.

Reaction Score
Who, Purv? I love the guy, absolutely love him, but his free throw shooting is terrifying.

You did watch the end of the game right? Who was that guy that hit all of those free throw's? Hint: you didn't mention him

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ah, Gibbs. He was clutch with the FTs, but the rest of the game left a lot to be desired. Still, you're right. I have to give him props for the late layup and 4-4 from the line.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That was a nice win for a lot of reasons.

Solid OOC road win.
Ollie showed a nice wrinkle by using a 2-3 zone to start the game, with Facey in the center of the zone.
In both zone and man defense, we finally started to look like we could play solid defense without the need to funnel drives to the 7-footer.
Made the free throws when it counted.
Very good ball movement on the offensive end.

Sure, there are a lot of things to clean up (missed FTs, turnovers, etc.). But tonight was a sign of great things to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom