Great Win Tonight!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great Win Tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Solid win and while there are still some things that drive me past bat shiz with this team, this was a pretty big step forward..

Some casual observations:

-I liked the switch to zone. It wasn't good, but it was better than what they've done the last few times on the floor.
-Gibbs baffles me. Clearly the most important guy on the floor coming into the stretch run, but has extended runs where he just doesn't look like he fits in with this team for whatever reason.
-I'm baffled Purvis can't shoot FT's.
-Rebounding was a lot better tonight.

Things that are still an issue
-We're just a bad defensive team.
-I really hate that this team seems so utterly capable of blowing teams off the floor at the drop of a hat, and being blown off the court themselves at all times. Bigger leads never feel big. Small deficits seem like mountains. They create issues on one hand and get away with murder on the other just because they're so talented. Could just be where they're at developmentally, but they're all over the place. I still don't know how to read them.

Reaction Score
thank god for the win. first half defense was atrocious. the offense was meh throughout the entire game. hopefully we play better vs the smu or cincys

Reaction Score
Yes. It really feels like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. So going into conference play we have a record of 9-3 with a win at Texas and vs Ohio St. I would love to have taken down Maryland, Cuse, or Gonzaga, but it is what it is and there is a lot more games that need to be played. I don't care what anybody has to say about Ohio St or Texas, all I know is we have a win vs a team that beat Kentucky and a win vs a team that beat North Carolina. I think we are pretty good!

UConn still has Georgetown, so it can go .500 against top conference foes.

That Bahamas tourney was a bit sketchy with UConn playing a good Michigan team after midnight while Syracuse was resting since their noon start game against Charlotte.

Reaction Score
Things that are still an issue
-We're just a bad defensive team.
Yeah only a bad defensive team would outrebound an overmatched frontcourt and hold said team to <40% shooting
-I really hate that this team seems so utterly capable of blowing teams off the floor at the drop of a hat, and being blown off the court themselves at all times. Bigger leads never feel big. Small deficits seem like mountains. They create issues on one hand and get away with murder on the other just because they're so talented. Could just be where they're at developmentally, but they're all over the place. I still don't know how to read them.
News flash: CBB is a game of runs

Reaction Score
News flash: CBB is a game of runs

Basketball in general is a game of runs.

Just seems like the pendulum swings much more dramatically for this team than others i've watched. Of course if the metrics say otherwise, then hey, is what it is.

Reaction Score
That Bahamas tourney was a bit sketchy with UConn playing a good Michigan team after midnight while Syracuse was resting since their noon start game against Charlotte.

Yeah, this will do for the most part. Losing to Gonzaga and Maryland isn't going to hurt this team - and they probably could have won both had they showed up for five more minutes of basketball. The Syracuse loss wasn't great, but there were reasons for that and in the big picture, it's not a terrible team to lose to.

Reaction Score
One coaching decision that helped us win....

Short bench. As a team that needs to gel more than anything, using a shorter bench helps us do that. I'd trade Enoch for Nolan but keep our rotation at 8

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
All in all, this was our first true road game of the season, and it was against a good team, and we won. Lots of really good stuff from this one. Some concerning stuff, too, but I'm glad we got the win. Let's come out strong in our second true road game in a few days.

Reaction Score
Yes. It really feels like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. So going into conference play we have a record of 9-3 with a win at Texas and vs Ohio St. I would love to have taken down Maryland, Cuse, or Gonzaga, but it is what it is and there is a lot more games that need to be played. I don't care what anybody has to say about Ohio St or Texas, all I know is we have a win vs a team that beat Kentucky and a win vs a team that beat North Carolina. I think we are pretty good!
Michigan too. So 3-3 against Michigan, Syracuse, Gonzaga, Maryland, Ohio State and Texas. And only one of those games at home. Beat Georgetown and the OOC won't hurt us come tournament time. Really need to avoid the bad losses in conference play. If we do we are in good shape.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
For the love of God give Nolan's minutes to Enoch. He cannot do worse than Phil did tonight.

Reaction Score
For the love of God give Nolan's minutes to Enoch. He cannot do worse than Phil did tonight.
Just when you think Nolan should never play, he will turn in a nice performance. You'll see.

Reaction Score
Nolan was getting CHEWED out by ollie during his minutes it was hilarious

Reaction Score
Just when you think Nolan should never play, he will turn in a nice performance. You'll see.

Love the kid but man what has happened? Dreadful as of late. Missed box out assignments tonight and missed an easy lay in on a nice rap around feed from "Shelton" Gibbs. LOL

Reaction Score
Speaking of Nolan, that was the most ridiculous lane violation I've ever seen.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Just when you can't possibly take more of Phillip he comes up with a big block and save that lead to a nice outlet.

I would like to trade some of his minutes to Enoch though.

Reaction Score
You are dissing the ONLY guy I want at the foul line in close games.

Two holy plays that really stood out:
Jalen's And-1 layup in the first half, showed glimpse of Kemba/Bazz/Boat
Obviously Shonn's put back 1 handed dunk...damn

Thank god we have Gibbs for late game free throws, guys automatic.

Thank god Rodney's confidence is where it's at. Multiple times I felt they were going to let this game slip from their fingertips but Rodney pulled through with 2 super clutch shots.

Shonn & Kentan really stepped up on the glass. Knew if we won the rebounding game this one was ours.

Solid win.

Reaction Score
Love the kid but man what has happened? Dreadful as of late. Missed box out assignments tonight and missed an easy lay in on a nice rap around feed from "Shelton" Gibbs. LOL

He was bad tonight but his block leading to the runout layup was big. Gave us a little separation when we desperately needed it.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The officiating was miserable. It was a painful game felt like we should have been up by 20 at the end. Just painfully slow paced but a great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom