Great win - first post | The Boneyard

Great win - first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, I'm not a freshman. I've watched every single UConn game the last 8 years and was a big fan before that. I've visited the BY multiple times a day for a long time...

That said, this was a great win. The season thus far has been okay, I guess, but I think most of us feel this way based on expectations alone. You have the National Champs, with an abundance of talent returning and THEN add a force like Drummond - wow! How can we not expect excellence? People shouldn't be ridiculed for pointing out the obvious; the season thus far has been disappointing.

But a momentum shift like what took place tonight is promising. Promising and encouraging. It took a 10 point deficit and a classic JC technical, but a spark at least was lit. Maybe not a fire, but a spark, or a blueprint as others have said. This team just flat out need to play D and rebound. If this team rebounds, the sky is the limit. JL showed up big tonight. AD did what AD does. AO was visible. I'm excited for the next few weeks and expect an impressive finish to this season. We may not have Kemba, but there is talent and promise everywhere.

My apologies for the semi-diatribe, but I've enjoyed the input from everyone for way too long to not chime in.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good job - thanks for posting.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Good first post

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
No, I'm not a freshman. I've watched every single UConn game the last 8 years and was a big fan before that. I've visited the BY multiple times a day for a long time...

That said, this was a great win. The season thus far has been okay, I guess, but I think most of us feel this way based on expectations alone. You have the National Champs, with an abundance of talent returning and THEN add a force like Drummond - wow! How can we not expect excellence? People shouldn't be ridiculed for pointing out the obvious; the season thus far has been disappointing.

But a momentum shift like what took place tonight is promising. Promising and encouraging. It took a 10 point deficit and a classic JC technical, but a spark at least was lit. Maybe not a fire, but a spark, or a blueprint as others have said. This team just flat out need to play D and rebound. If this team rebounds, the sky is the limit. JL showed up big tonight. AD did what AD does. AO was visible. I'm excited for the next few weeks and expect an impressive finish to this season. We may not have Kemba, but there is talent and promise everywhere.

My apologies for the semi-diatribe, but I've enjoyed the input from everyone for way too long to not chime in.

welcome aboard!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's way too good for a first post. You're supposed to challenge people to fights, not make great points. Who do you think you are?!?!?:)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Yeah - but are you 6'5 250 or do you at least have hollow points?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Welcome aboard. Good post, agree on all points.

You'll make it here if you're at least 6'5" and around 225.

Reaction Score
That's way too good for a first post. You're supposed to challenge people to fights, not make great points. Who do you think you are?!?!?:)
Haha! I get just as frustrated as anyone does. I did break my cell phone against a wall when we lost to Cuse last year. But as 5 in 5 and the tourney ride taught me, sometimes I need to focus on the bigger picture rather than a letdown game.

Thanks for the replies all!

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Yet another member proving that one can be critical and honest without coming across as whiny and entitled. Welcome!

Reaction Score
Doesn't he have to fight SouthSyracuseBill as an initiation or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom