OT: - great voices | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: great voices

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Help, technically inept, there is a singer who passed not too long ago who was one of my favorites. A voice from a different ere rough but so mellow, Leon Redbone. If a tech savvy member could help me out and post a song, or two I would be in your debt. Many years ago Leon had a Budweiser commercial on TV. I hope some of you will enjoy Leon as much as I do. Thanks.

Reaction Score
First hour in Dublin we walked to the beautiful St Stephen’s Green Park and heard this amazing voice in the distance. It was the tail end of a Mary Black concert in the park. Fabulous. Had never heard of her before that. He song “%Ellis Island” is really great and touching

My first time hearing Mary Black was when I heard her version of "Once in a Very Blue Moon":

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Help, technically inept, there is a singer who passed not too long ago who was one of my favorites. A voice from a different ere rough but so mellow, Leon Redbone. If a tech savvy member could help me out and post a song, or two I would be in your debt. Many years ago Leon had a Budweiser commercial on TV. I hope some of you will enjoy Leon as much as I do. Thanks.
Here you go. Although I'm not over tech savvy.

Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone - Leon Redbone (or was it Frank Zappa??? :eek:)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Here you go. Although I'm not over tech savvy.

Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone - Leon Redbone (or was it Frank Zappa??? :eek:)

meters7, muchly appreciated I think this was one of the earlier releases. One of my favorite's is Shine on Harvest Moon.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
How about some more non-professionals. Check out Foxes and Fossils - a combination of older full-time musicians and a daughter of one and her friends. Varying quality, but some are amazing. Their live performances show real talent. The day I discovered them on youtube, I wasted hours listening to song after song. It's also cool to watch the "foxes" grow up and the "fossils" age. All seem like nice people, too.

Foxes and Fossils® | Music

Reaction Score
This thread has tickled my memory. There are really a lot of great voices in the pop worod. I guess I’m partial to female voices. Adele, Kelly Clsrkson, great voices. This link is to a good young British singer. This is a bit old now, Ella Henderson was 17 when this was recorded still pretty young. I like this song. As ann aside, I was at Johnny Mathis at UConn in the mid-60s (gulp) his voice was great but he had the worst stage presence of any great singer and I gather he never improved. You had to just close your eyes and listen.

Adele has a powerful voice. Gives me goosebumps when she hits some notes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom