Great Teams find a way to win | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Great Teams find a way to win

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Butler had a very good game plan defensively against UConn, stay hard on Hawkins and cover the other shooters. Play Adama straight up, or double when he is already into his post move.

The announcers said Butler played disciplined defense almost all game, and they did. Then the legs got tired, Sanogo came in fresh and UConn buried them.

At one point in the second half Butler was in the bonus from UConn fouls, but had only been called for 5 fouls ALL game themselves.

Officiating was not great but in no way did it favor UConn.

Reaction Score
We go a true 8 deep with zero drop-off. I’m not sure there is another team in the country like that.
Yeah, but I’m nervous still. Suppose the starting five all have bad games. Now, what if the next three best players have stinker games as well? Wouldn’t you be worried too?

caw

Reaction Score
At one point in the second half Butler was in the bonus from UConn fouls, but had only been called for 5 fouls ALL game themselves.

Officiating was not great but in no way did it favor UConn.

It wasn’t skewed either way. They let things go for the most part. There were a lot of hand checks and touch fouls they could have called both ways. By and large it was pretty even.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
They didn’t get railroaded at all. At one point in 2nd half we had 6 fouls they had one. And it was ridiculous.

I will say two things though. Adama used his shoulder very effectively tonight to create space, and I really like the no calls for that stuff, I think centers should be allowed leeway in space carving, but we see it called all the time all over college hoops, I think what made them crazy is Bates then got called for a less forceful one than at least 2 of Adamas. You can tell when a player has arrived when refs give them respect. Kemba had it, Emeka had it , Adama has it. He’s earned it.

Also AJ should’ve been T’d up ( in my mind) for that shoulder ram on Bates after that hard sceeen, AJ lost his head briefly there, coach did a good job reeling him in, but AJ had an extra edge tonight, was yapping more than normal. The kid is SO competitive and it’s what makes him so great. Just needs to be careful getting too emotional, he’s been so great this month because his composure has been tremendous.

Yea spot on with all of these observations. AJ had a clear path to the basket early on in the second half, and instead of throwing it down, he tried to contort himself to avoid contact and lay it in. He needs to direct his emotions at the rim sometimes. We all know he's got the athleticism and tenacity to do it. This is blatant conjecture, but he injured his hand/wrist earlier in his career by dunking so hard. I wonder if that impacts his decision-making.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Sanogo was so good and Emoni Bates looked legit.

Also, Clingan played well in the 2nd half but more like a rookie in the 1st. It's good for everyone we dont need to rely on him necessarily. But even when he was looking like a freshman in the first half, he was still affecting shots. So even if he's not playing great, he still adds that block threat.

But yeah, hes not Sanogo. Sanogo is a man.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great performance. Team didn’t shoot very well but dominated in the effort categories, boards, defense. Sanogo was phenomenal but it was gritty effort by lots of guys.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize Sanogo was so good and Emoni Bates looked legit.

Also, Clingan played well in the 2nd half but more like a rookie in the 1st. It's good for everyone we dont need to rely on him necessarily. But even when he was looking like a freshman in the first half, he was still affecting shots. So even if he's not playing great, he still adds that block threat.

But yeah, hes not Sanogo. Sanogo is a man.
Not Emoni… it’s Manny. Different guy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Need all those people sayin we were better with Clingan on the court over sanogo to eat a whole plate of crow tonight. No knock on Clingan, but Sanogo is the All-American center (this year).

I'm way behind on this thread. Caught the game in type delay.

This Clingan vs Sanogo thread will continue to be stupid all year and any individual game comparison is meaningless.

Sanogo should be better most games and will be better most games.

There will be games where Clingan outperforms Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Yo. I was telling my lady about that Sanogo quote. Not sure he meant it to sound as cold as it was. But that was some cold blooded talk. “They thought they could win, but they could not”

Probably gonna be a theme.
He said it kind of matter of factly. Didn't sound like he was doing it to be disrespectful of the other team and I don't think he was trying to be funny. I think he was just answering a question in a language that's not his native language. Jackson and Hawkins thought it was funny though.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
He said it kind of matter of factly. Didn't sound like he was doing it to be disrespectful of the other team and I don't think he was trying to be funny. I think he was just answering a question in a language that's not his native language. Jackson and Hawkins thought it was funny though.

The smirk on Andre and Jordans faces is priceless

Reaction Score
Plus, Clingan had almost a rebound a minute and didn't miss a shot.
The box score says he was 2-2 from the field but I swear he missed a layup. I remember saying something to my son about how he has pretty good touch around the basket and almost never misses bunnies like that. Anyone else remember this? Or maybe I'm just getting old. Lol

Reaction Score
The box score says he was 2-2 from the field but I swear he missed a layup. I remember saying something to my son about how he has pretty good touch around the basket and almost never misses bunnies like that. Anyone else remember this? Or maybe I'm just getting old. Lol
Did the miss lead to an offensive goaltending call? Cause that happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom