Great Teams find a way to win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great Teams find a way to win

Reaction Score
Our shooting was abysmal, and we still destroy them in crunch time.

This team has too many ways to win. Too many weapons--it's just a matter of finding the right lineup.
It's hard to come up with losses if we stay healthy. I think we'll have a couple but it's hard to see them. Excellent D and rebounding travels and we just wear everyone down with our depth. Things get dicey and you have one of the best players in the country you can ride. You fall asleep for a second and Hawkins burns you from deep.

On nights like tonight where everyone's shot is way off you aren't supposed to see your lead dwindle to 4 for a second midway through the second half and then explode on them for a 22 point win.

I think people are finally seeing Naheim's value.

Reaction Score
I would also like to add, just bizarre refs tonight. First half, let both teams get away with murder, to the detriment of the game as the level of contact made offense really tough. Second half we start seeing bunch of ticky tack calls and in weird spurts favoring each team. Really detracted from the flow of the game.

Reaction Score
Need all those people sayin we were better with Clingan on the court over sanogo to eat a whole plate of crow tonight. No knock on Clingan, but Sanogo is the All-American center (this year).
I never understood that. Clingan right now is fantastic coming off the bench playing 10-15 mins and maybe more depending on game situations. Playing him him more will wear him down and cause diminishing returns

Reaction Score
It's hard to come up with losses if we stay healthy. I think we'll have a couple but it's hard to see them. Excellent D and rebounding travels and we just wear everyone down with our depth. Things get dicey and you have one of the best players in the country you can ride. You fall asleep for a second and Hawkins burns you from deep.

On nights like tonight where everyone's shot is way off you aren't supposed to see your lead dwindle to 4 for a second midway through the second half and then explode on them for a 22 point win.

I think people are finally seeing Naheim's value.
That's why most people here really wanted to see Alleyne get his groove back. He was great tonight off the bench

Reaction Score
They probably thought they had a chance to win when down only 4

I’m sure Adama had some thoughts on that
Yo. I was telling my lady about that Sanogo quote. Not sure he meant it to sound as cold as it was. But that was some cold blooded talk. “They thought they could win, but they could not”

Probably gonna be a theme.

caw

Reaction Score
I would also like to add, just bizarre refs tonight. First half, let both teams get away with murder, to the detriment of the game as the level of contact made offense really tough. Second half we start seeing bunch of ticky tack calls and in weird spurts favoring each team. Really detracted from the flow of the game.

It seemed pretty fair reffing though. It wasn’t overly skewed one way or the other. Bad maybe. Inconsistent half to half definitely (as you said). But not detrimental to either team.

Reaction Score
Need all those people sayin we were better with Clingan on the court over sanogo to eat a whole plate of crow tonight. No knock on Clingan, but Sanogo is the All-American center (this year).
He carried the team tonight, everyone knows he's one of the best players in the country but there's going to be some nights where Clingan is even more dominant than he is, we've already seen it.

Reaction Score
It seemed pretty fair reffing though. It wasn’t overly skewed one way or the other. Bad maybe. Inconsistent half to half definitely (as you said). But not detrimental to either team.

Butler fans think they were absolutely railroaded by the refs. Their assessment of us is that we foul on every possession, and therefore the refs can't call enough fouls to keep up.

Yeah.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
They just wore down Butler down the stretch throwing fresh bodies in, pushing the ball, tight D, Hawk gets injured early and comes back in at crunch time and makes some big shots. Sanogo just unstoppable; an absolute beast. When he doesn't finesse you with moves and either hand he just moves people out of the way with his strength. What an absolute joy this team is to watch. So many guys stepping up when someone is off. When they pulled within four and the crowd reatlly got into they kept their poise and all of sudden they go on a big run on the road. Very, very impressive.

caw

Reaction Score
Butler had a very good game plan defensively against UConn, stay hard on Hawkins and cover the other shooters. Play Adama straight up, or double when he is already into his post move.

The announcers said Butler played disciplined defense almost all game, and they did. Then the legs got tired, Sanogo came in fresh and UConn buried them.

caw

Reaction Score
Butler fans think they were absolutely railroaded by the refs. Their assessment of us is that we foul on every possession, and therefore the refs can't call enough fouls to keep up.

Yeah.

Lol, fans going to fan.

Reaction Score

Yeah.
If your comeback stops at a 4 point differential with 8 minutes to go, and then get taken by by 22 points. The refs are not the issue.

Reaction Score
When the shooters on this team break out of a cold streak and start draining shots it’s game over. In a flash.

A UConn all-time dominant performance at the center position by Sanogo tonight. All-American 1st team level.
Sanogo is just on a different level with every big man he goes up against, I can’t wait until he gets all up in that dude from creighton’s a** lol

Reaction Score
Oregon Trail Vintage GIF by US National Archives

Reaction Score
Sanogo took over the game. Having Clingan keeps Adama’s legs fresh. Will mean Ws in conference play.
THIS. Having Clingan to spell adama- whether it’s foul trouble, off night or just needs a breather- cannot be understated, not only because of what don brings to the table, but also because of what it does for AS. Adama not only made massive leaps in his game in the offseason, but he also now has a superb backup which means he can play absolutely flat out every second he is on the floor. Last year he just had to do too much and couldn’t sustain the level of play for the number of mins we needed him to. Depth is a BEAUTIFUL thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom