Great opening song riffs | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Great opening song riffs

Reaction Score
Not super into heavier stuff in general, but I like a lot of what John Dwyer does. Originally based out of Providence, "Oh Sees" is his current project.

Two drummers on this track and the bass is a lot of fun to play along with really loud when the house is empty.

MrP

Reaction Score
All over the map here:

1. soundgarden - burden in my hand
2. Dr. Dre - still D.R.E.
3. Allman Brothers Band - Statesboro Blues

Reaction Score
One of my favorites that I do not believe was mentioned. Reeling in the Years was mentioned earlier.
And honorable mention to Cortez the Killer, Neil Young. Love the version with Warren Haynes and Dave Matthews at Central Park.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
One of my favorites that I do not believe was mentioned. Reeling in the Years was mentioned earlier.
And honorable mention to Cortez the Killer, Neil Young. Love the version with Warren Haynes and Dave Matthews at Central Park.

Damn! I was just about to post this one. Kudos.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The Bangles version is much better, and Suzanna Hoffs is way hotter than Simon or Garfunkel.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not a riff, but the piano intro to Incident on 57th Street (Springsteen) is one of the most beautiful and haunting beginnings to any song ever.

This song has an awesome opening riff

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Bangles version is much better, and Suzanna Hoffs is way hotter than Simon or Garfunkel.

Well, back in the 60s, S&G weren't exactly known for rockers, and that lead in was a great sound, arguably even innovative for its time.

And the Bangles best songs were usually written by someone else :p

I actually liked Vicki best. She was a boss with some talent. And yes, it is a great cover.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This one popped up on my iPod this morning:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Well, back in the 60s, S&G weren't exactly known for rockers, and that lead in was a great sound, arguably even innovative for its time.

And the Bangles best songs were usually written by someone else :p

I actually liked Vicki best. She was a boss with some talent. And yes, it is a great cover.

Bangles were often compared to the Go Go's. There were two big differences for me:

1) Bangles could actually play instruments, and
2) The Go Go's always looked like they were on the back end of a 3 day coke bender, because they usually were.

All the Bangles were attractive, but Susanna Hoffs was a goddess in her prime.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bangles were often compared to the Go Go's. There were two big differences for me:

2) The Go Go's always looked like they were on the back end of a 3 day coke bender, because they usually were.

While I think Vicki was the best musical talent across both groups, all the Go His had musical careers after the band broke up. To suggest they weren't musicians is folly.

And Hoffs was too short for my tastes :eek:

Reaction Score

ac4c01c2100947ccb9eedcec3ad47274.jpg

Reaction Score
One of the weirdest interviews that I remember with Martha Quinn on MTV is when she asked to see Gina Schock's (GoGo's drummer) heart surgery scar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom