Great opening song riffs | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Great opening song riffs

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was at that show and it was Oxford Ale .Loved me some JT. He just wanted to be Keith and did the drugs to try to get there for sure.
My first cousin - also RIP - did sound for him for a time in the 80s so I met him at a show in Trenton at some dump venue. Cousin saw it all go down and assured me it was all true. Loved his cover of Chinese Rock.
Wow, never expected a response like this!

And thanks for confirming what I've long claimed from memory - that for the first Gang War show, it was still Oxford Ale House.

The cassette was from the 1980 show which my friend combined on the CD with the earlier performance. The button is from a memorial somewhere in the West Village. I'm amazed Johnny lived that long. Then again, I thought he could die or at was at least going to collapse the night we both saw him.

IMG_20180812_162136308.jpg

Additional kudos for your getting out to see Eggy on Friday

Reaction Score
How did we get this far along without "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n' Roses? It's iconic. It's brutal. Everyone knows it.

Unless I'm ignoring someone who posted it. Which is TOTALLY possible.

Or...are we just trying to wipe it from our consciousness since we have to hear it 15-20 times on 3rd down and 4th down at home games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Organ riff Boston, Foreplay/Long Time
Actually the bass riff stands out more to me on "Foreplay". My favorite organ riff is John Paul Jones', "Your Time is Gonna Come," by Zepplin.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How did we get this far along without "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n' Roses? It's iconic. It's brutal. Everyone knows it.

Unless I'm ignoring someone who posted it. Which is TOTALLY possible.

Me, I think, but I'm not going back to look!

Reaction Score
Didn't see this anywhere.

I was driving on an Interstate heading into Nashville in a rented Fire Engine Red Pontiac Gran Prix . on a bright sunny day.
I was just cruising along staying ahead of the Semi’s when this song came on
The temptation to kick it up just a tad was irresistible.
I probably would have slide by but the speed limit back then suddenly changed to 55mph
and the Tennessee state police had set up a speed trap a couple of hundred yards after the sudden drop from 70mph.
You can guess the rest.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Since I saw Larry Carlton last night and he played a few of the Steely Dan tunes on which he was a session man, I realized that the definitive Steely Dan opening and solo (not Carlton, but Elliot Randall) wasn't on this list. Now it is...

And since I'm shut out of the "most depressing song" thread, need to note that someone who listens to LinkinPark and Evananesence has no grounds on which to call the Smiths crappy music. Just sayin' dude.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since I saw Larry Carlton last night and he played a few of the Steely Dan tunes on which he was a session man, I realized that the definitive Steely Dan opening and solo (not Carlton, but Elliot Randall) wasn't on this list. Now it is...

And since I'm shut out of the "most depressing song" thread, need to note that someone who listens to LinkinPark and Evananesence has no grounds on which to call the Smiths crappy music. Just sayin' dude.

Ha, didn’t see your post when i made mine.

Reaction Score
Always loved this intro and thought it was Steve Howe's best work

Reaction Score
Wait, Wait!!! I stand corrected. This was Steve Howe's best work and an iconic rock intro

Reaction Score
Did I miss it? Or was "Not Fade Away" not on our list? It is now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom