Great movie songs with dance scenes. Great not just good. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Great movie songs with dance scenes. Great not just good.

Reaction Score
This one is more in keeping with the original thread title...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Someday I'm going to learn how to past the songs and dances.

Why not today? Find your video you want, right click and select "copy link location." Come back over here, right click again and select "paste." That's it.

Reaction Score
Fosse did several in "All That Jazz" including the spectacular "Air-rotica" featuring Sandahl Bergman. A little adult for some, so I included his leggy vaudeville turn to Peter Allen's "Everything Old is New Again" with Ann Reinking and Erszebet Foldi serenading Roy Scheider.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This one might not be too popular, but "Xanadu" so completely captured the SoCal scene in the late '70s. Gene Kelly was a fantastic skater and was reportedly unhappy because his feet were not filmed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Joan McCracken was Fosse's second wife and became famous as a comedic dancer in the Broadway company of "Oklahoma". This number from "Hollywood Canteen" proves how great she was. Very funny, very charming and tells a story and creates a character through movement. When she starts the Lindy after being drugged, it's an amazing moment.

Reaction Score
The Roz Russell movie of "Gypsy" is considered a flop but "You Gotta Have A Gimmick" is perfectly transcribed from the show. Faith Dane's Mazeppa was written for her after she auditioned playing the bugle. She passed last month at the age of 98. Watch for the tight close up of Natalie Wood at 5:00. You see the lightbulb go on in her eyes. That's the moment where Gypsy Rose Lee is born.

Reaction Score
Allow me to deviate. Bruce Willis and Sandahl Bergman in Moonlighting. Billy Joel was such a fan that he wrote "Big man on Mulberry Street" for the show. Bergman is weirdly decked out to look like Peggy Bundy. Stanley Donen directed this fantasy segment that created quite a splash because it was the first time Dave and Maddie kissed. It's hard to imagine any other weekly show doing something this creative.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Here you go

This was from a 1940 film. Fred never danced with Ms Powell again , and it was because she was too good. Her feet were faster than his, and he did not want his female partner upstaging him. At least that is what I once read in a piece about his dance partners.

Reaction Score
A very sad song, also called graduation song.
Vivian Leigh is so beautiful and charming, Robert Taylor is very handsome, they're best match.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Fosse did several in "All That Jazz" including the spectacular "Air-rotica" featuring Sandahl Bergman. A little adult for some, so I included his leggy vaudeville turn to Peter Allen's "Everything Old is New Again" with Ann Reinking and Erszebet Foldi serenading Roy Scheider.

Anne Reinking was my favorite show performer, and then along came Sutton Foster. Both so talented and vivacious and legs that went forever!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom