Great movie songs with dance scenes. Great not just good. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Great movie songs with dance scenes. Great not just good.

Reaction Score
At the top of the list of all the threads Nan has links to Boneyard lessons including posting videos. If I was able to figure it out I’m confident you can too.
So far I've figured out how to get the song over but not the video. I'm the guy that had to read the book twice before I wrote the report.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Vivian Leigh is so beautiful and charming, Robert Taylor is very handsome, they're best match.
In memory of my recently late UConn fan mother, her favorite knock-knock joke:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor who?
Robert Taylor, go to jail!

It was years before I got it.

Reaction Score
This was from a 1940 film. Fred never danced with Ms Powell again , and it was because she was too good. Her feet were faster than his, and he did not want his female partner upstaging him. At least that is what I once read in a piece about his dance partners.
Not sure about his not wanting to ever dance with her again but he is on record as saying she was the best. I've watched that so many times and it might be the best "couples" dance scene ever.

Reaction Score
Why not today? Find your video you want, right click and select "copy link location." Come back over here, right click again and select "paste." That's it.
I'll try it. Tky NW

Reaction Score
Lucy fans remember when Lucy and Ethel performed "Friendship" only to destroy each other's matching dresses. Well, Lucy originally did the number in MGM's "DuBarry was a Lady". Alongside, Gene Kelly, Red Skelton, Tommy Dorsey and Virginia O'Brien, Lucy still dominates the number with her hammy antics. Lucy wore clothes really beautifully so watching her camp it up makes it very entertaining. It is odd watching Gene Kelly next to her because she dwarfs him, showing how important a partner is in a musical number.

Reaction Score
This was Fosse's first attempt at choreography and his style was evident even then. "Kiss Me Kate" was choreographed by Hermes Pan but he was so taken with Fosse's style that he suggested choreographing his own brief segment with Carol Haney (Gene Kelly's assistant) who was his dance partner in the scene. The brief scene doesn't just suggest greatness to come, it says it was already there.

Reaction Score
Rock and Roll was a tough sell, choreographically speaking. "Bye Bye Birdie" was an exception. Onna White did a great job crafting style for "A Lot of Living to Do". When I saw the movie at MOMA about a decade ago, the guys in the theater were howling like wolves at Ann Margret. Useless trivia: The girl who Bobby Rydell pulls out to dance is Lorene Yarnell, mime who achieved some success in Shields and Yarnell.

Reaction Score
This is a rare one. "Billie" starring a miscast Patty Duke. Talk about '60s problems. Patty is a tomboy who excels in sports but has problems with her feminine identity. She says she has this beat in her head that allows her to perform well in sports. The gang tries to harness the beat into a dance. This number marks the movie debut of a very young Donna McKechnie (original Cassie in "A Chorus Line"). Donna helped choreograph the number along with David Winters, who is the dancer in the blue t-shirt. At 1:30, watch him accidentally drop Donna in the wings.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This was Fosse's first attempt at choreography and his style was evident even then. "Kiss Me Kate" was choreographed by Hermes Pan but he was so taken with Fosse's style that he suggested choreographing his own brief segment with Carol Haney (Gene Kelly's assistant) who was his dance partner in the scene. The brief scene doesn't just suggest greatness to come, it says it was already there.

Bobby Van, who got some kudos earlier, was also in "Kiss Me Kate".

Reaction Score
Ironically enough, HBO Max just deleted Gone With The Wind from their menu of movies. There were 3 lovely dances in it, at the Bazaar - a Polka, Virginia Reel, and Waltz. This cancel culture is now the real pandemic in America. Enough!!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am cheating a bit here, because this not from a motion picture. But I could not pass up the chance to share with you the fabulous Sutton Foster as Reno Sweeney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom