Great Game terrible fans. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great Game terrible fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of the guys and I were talking last night and it was unanimous - you are the greatest UConn fan who has ever lived.

We're making you an award - it's a husky, glued to a piece of driftwood, holding up a "#1 Fan!" sign.

Smells like Fishy were gonna make you a sign that reads "I love UConn...... when there WINNING"

Reaction Score
Willie- Who said I bet UConn EVERY game? I don't bet them every game. I bet them against Michigan because I was 99.9% sure they were gonna come out fired up with a fired up crowd. That line was way to bloated with a field that every smart sports person would know would slow down michigans speed. By the way if our team sucks so much im pretty sure besides that one really long drive, our defense looked GREAT.. For the non sports knowing fans on this board. Michigan had 460 Yards against Notre Dame. Against UConn they had 284 yards. But yeah we definetly suck I hate our team, they have no heart and yup we lost by triple digits. But lets all make user names and post on a site bad mouthing a team we love. So possible recruits and players can see what we really think of our team. Great job guys

Reaction Score
You pollyannas are really getting pathetic.

The only indicator leading up to this game that would lead you to believe it would be close is how overrated Michigan is. I'm guilty of that myself.

You guys wanna walk around with badges to show how much of a fan you are knock your socks off. Just keep in mind that you guys have been wrong a lot more than most over the past 2+ years.

Many fans predicted a blow out because it was the fashionable thing to do. Michigan is a young team, but many probably underrated Maryland. It was very frustrating to see all the dire predictions for this one. We've had to work in a few new starters on defense as well.

Reaction Score
Dan, it's the highs and lows of being a fan. It's human nature. If you are honest about it I'd find it hard to believe you didn't do it yourself. Tell me you never got frustrated at the number of 3 and outs throughout the game. So Buffet showed his super-fandom. Put his/her money down as well. Good for him. But those guys he called out, they had every reason to believe Mich was going to badly beat UCONN. I did for sure. But if they considered themselves Husky fans, I'd think they were rooting for UCONN just as hard as you, Buffet, or I was.

dude how about the people saying they were leaving at half time or 3rd quarter? here with your fake talk about being fans. None of what I posted was geared toward ANYONE but the people who posted "silly talk" This topic is over. Way to support the team boys on to Buffalo we go for our first win. Win and lose im still 100% husky proud.

Reaction Score
Many fans predicted a blow out because it was the fashionable thing to do. Michigan is a young team, but many probably underrated Maryland. It was very frustrating to see all the dire predictions for this one. We've had to work in a few new starters on defense as well.

Many people predicted a blowout because we got blown off both lines of scrimmage by freaking Towson.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Willie- Who said I bet UConn EVERY game? I don't bet them every game. I bet them against Michigan because I was 99.9% sure they were gonna come out fired up with a fired up crowd. That line was way to bloated with a field that every smart sports person would know would slow down michigans speed. By the way if our team sucks so much im pretty sure besides that one really long drive, our defense looked GREAT.. For the non sports knowing fans on this board. Michigan had 460 Yards against Notre Dame. Against UConn they had 284 yards. But yeah we definetly suck I hate our team, they have no heart and yup we lost by triple digits. But lets all make user names and post on a site bad mouthing a team we love. So possible recruits and players can see what we really think of our team. Great job guys

you're right, I don't know what I was thinking

this team is awesome, thank you PP

BTW: do you think the recruits don't know PP is 0-3, 10-17 with zero bowl appearances? do you think those things make them want to come here? I'm thinking they want to win too

not many people here are attacking players, with a few exceptions. Stop with the straw man nonsense already

and what message board do you think doesn't attack their coach when losing? does one of such even exist? Mack Brown is catching heat in TX, Les Miles support runs hot and cold, and GA is trying to run a very successful Mark Richt out of town.

The Rent had a great atmosphere on game day, despite our newly developed losing tradition, do you think that's actually going to hurt recruiting?

most of us don't except losing, you do, good for you. If everyone was so complacent in 1986, Dom Perno might still be here and the Rent wouldn't even exist.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Smells like Fishy were gonna make you a sign that reads "I love UConn...... when there WINNING"

Buffett,

Believe it or not it is possible to be a fan of a team 9or program) and actually have some desire to see that team (program) win.

Reaction Score
You are quickly approaching monumental mode, SuperFan.

Reaction Score
I predicted a 24-21 Michigan win over a valiant UConn squad. Where's my trophy sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom