Great Game terrible fans. | The Boneyard

Great Game terrible fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had all the faith in the world in our boys. And I laid a ton of money on us covering. They did me good. With that said where are all the fans on here that said we would lose by 35? Or even better yet where is the CLOWN that said they could give UConn I think 21 points and still beat us by 70? Or the guy who thought we needed a 3rd digit on the scoreboard? Some people on here are so fake and cant stand the team but they spend the time to come post on here? Glad there is actual diehards on here like myself. GO HUSKIES time to pound Buffalo.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some of the guys and I were talking last night and it was unanimous - you are the greatest UConn fan who has ever lived.

We're making you an award - it's a husky, glued to a piece of driftwood, holding up a "#1 Fan!" sign.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Be fair Buffet10. I had predicted 48-13 Michigan because NOTHING up to last night's game showed any of us any reason to be optimistic about this season (blowout losses to Towson and Maryland will do that). But at the same time, I stood and yelled my voice out (might not get it back until late the in the week!) last night and am incredibly dejected today. We were up 21-7 at home and fumbled intercepted the game away. Got to find a way to close that game out. Was very happy to see the stadium full before kickoff and when the clock hit 0:00 (FINALLY!).

Reaction Score
Be fair Buffet10. I had predicted 48-13 Michigan because NOTHING up to last night's game showed any of us any reason to be optimistic about this season (blowout losses to Towson and Maryland will do that). But at the same time, I stood and yelled my voice out (might not get it back until late the in the week!) last night and am incredibly dejected this morning. We were up 21-7 at home and fumbled intercepted the game away. Got to find a way to close that game out. Was very happy to see the stadium full before kickoff and when the clock hit 0:00 (FINALLY!).

Fixed;)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Some of the guys and I were talking last night and it was unanimous - you are the greatest UConn fan who has ever lived.

We're making you an award - it's a husky, glued to a piece of driftwood, holding up a "#1 Fan!" sign.

Just give us a few days to find the bestest piece of driftwood for you, our bestest fan.

No. Actually, Buffett is right on this one, and you can't laugh it away.

If everyone wants a real glimpse into the psychology of this board, take the time to go through the Game Thread page by page. You'll find posters doing their very best impersonation of suffering from bipolar disorder (I think you might know one of them, Fishy). In that thread, I watched people chop down our players and our team, only to praise them mere minutes later, and then go back to chopping them down towards the end of the thread.

Is Buffett UConn's number 1 fan? No. But that's only because I am. :eek: Still, he absolutely has a point...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If everyone wants a real glimpse into the psychology of this board, take the time to go through the Game Thread page by page.

Perhaps this is news to you - go to any game thread of any competitive game of any team in any sport and you will find the same damned thing.

Do people leave their IQ's next to their computer when they come here?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Perhaps this is news to you - go to any game thread of any competitive game of any team in any sport and you will find the same damned thing.

I don't know...do you???

If you didn't get my "inflection", I was pointing to you as one of the bipolar fellows. Should it change my view of it simply because it happens elsewhere?

You're a decent dude and you know I find you funny. I'm just not letting you off the hook to try to be funny on this one...

Reaction Score
No. Actually, Buffett is right on this one, and you can't laugh it away.

If everyone wants a real glimpse into the psychology of this board, take the time to go through the Game Thread page by page. You'll find posters doing their very best impersonation of suffering from bipolar disorder (I think you might know one of them, Fishy). In that thread, I watched people chop down our players and our team, only to praise them mere minutes later, and then go back to chopping them down towards the end of the thread.

Is Buffett UConn's number 1 fan? No. But that's only because I am. :eek: Still, he absolutely has a point...

Let's be real. Many if not all of those fans are also just as Diehard as Buffett10, however they are realists, who know the sport and the game. Maybe they didn't realize how mediocre and overrated Michigan was but there wasn't much to predict that other than a close win to Akron last week. I know despite anything Buffett has to say that I am a diehard UCONN fan, I also didn't post anything about any kind of prediction for last nights game on here, but if you asked me personally I probably would have said we are going to lose and it could get ugly......>Does that make me any less of a fan than Buffett? I think it just makes me more in tune with reality.....I can separate head from heart.....Last night was nearly the perfect storm for us......We probably should have won, if our offense could have run the ball better. With all that said I have no voice either this morning and rooted my ass off despite thinking HCPP could get us steamrolled for the 3rd consecutive week......Enjoy your award Buffett10 you're so righteous.

Reaction Score
I predicted
I had all the faith in the world in our boys. And I laid a ton of money on us covering. They did me good. With that said where are all the fans on here that said we would lose by 35? Or even better yet where is the CLOWN that said they could give UConn I think 21 points and still beat us by 70? Or the guy who thought we needed a 3rd digit on the scoreboard? Some people on here are so fake and cant stand the team but they spend the time to come post on here? Glad there is actual diehards on here like myself. GO HUSKIES time to pound Buffalo.
I think I
45 or 49-21 Michigan.

I didn't think our defense would play as well as it did.

I was in my seat by 7:45. I stood and applauded as they walked off the field after the fight song and were visibly dejected.

You're no more a diehard than anyone else just because you were more optimistic.

I'll go on record today that I wouldn't be surprised at a loss to buffalo. A road trip after a game like that against buffalo is difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out flat and lose or win a close game. Doesn't make me less of a fan, I've seen enough of pasqualoni to know we have no reason to assume we can beat anyone on our schedule easily. Pasqualoni has done a great job humbling me and many others after the success we enjoyed

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Let's be real. Many if not all of those fans are also just as Diehard as Buffett10, however they are realists, who know the sport and the game. Maybe they didn't realize how mediocre and overrated Michigan was but there wasn't much to predict that other than a close win to Akron last week. I know despite anything Buffett has to say that I am a diehard UCONN fan, I also didn't post anything about any kind of prediction for last nights game on here, but if you asked me personally I probably would have said we are going to lose and it could get ugly......>Does that make me any less of a fan than Buffett? I think it just makes me more in tune with reality.....I can separate head from heart.....Last night was nearly the perfect storm for us......We probably should have won, if our offense could have run the ball better. With all that said I have no voice either this morning and rooted my ass off despite thinking HCPP could get us steamrolled for the 3rd consecutive week......Enjoy your award Buffett10 you're so righteous.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that what UConn showed in the first two games wouldn't lead one to believe that they would continue on that trajectory. And to be fair, I was as nervous about the outcome of last night's game as much as any other person in the fanbase. What I'm commenting on (and I think what Buffett was commenting on in his own hyperbole) was the fact that even a good performance and good football gets shot down here. We exude pessimism as much as any other fanbase in the country. If you don't believe me, look at the titles of the threads that have been started in the last 14 hours.

As for the "no voice" part, I'm with you, my friend. It's time for some serious chamomile for me... ;)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'll go on record today that I wouldn't be surprised at a loss to buffalo. A road trip after a game like that against buffalo is difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out flat and lose or win a close game. Doesn't make me less of a fan, I've seen enough of pasqualoni to know we have no reason to assume we can beat anyone on our schedule easily. Pasqualoni has done a great job humbling me and many others after the success we enjoyed

I said the exact same thing last night in the lots after the game. If this is a perfect recipe for a letdown game, I don't know what is. A dejected team that knows they should have won last night in front of a rowdy crowd full with celebrities now has to travel to Buffalo to play in front of a small crowd at a small stadium in a game that will get absolutely zero hype. Not to mention, our coaching staff has a well documented history of being incredibly inconsistent. I'm a bit nervous about next week to be perfectly honest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know...do you???

If you didn't get my "inflection", I was pointing to you as one of the bipolar fellows. Should it change my view of it simply because it happens elsewhere?

You're a decent dude and you know I find you funny. I'm just not letting you off the hook to try to be funny on this one...

So you're twisted that I act like a fan?

Seriously?

All right.

Reaction Score
I don't know...do you???

Dan, it's the highs and lows of being a fan. It's human nature. If you are honest about it I'd find it hard to believe you didn't do it yourself. Tell me you never got frustrated at the number of 3 and outs throughout the game. So Buffet showed his super-fandom. Put his/her money down as well. Good for him. But those guys he called out, they had every reason to believe Mich was going to badly beat UCONN. I did for sure. But if they considered themselves Husky fans, I'd think they were rooting for UCONN just as hard as you, Buffet, or I was.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Dan, it's the highs and lows of being a fan. It's human nature. If you are honest about it I'd find it hard to believe you didn't do it yourself. Tell me you never got frustrated at the number of 3 and outs throughout the game. So Buffet showed his super-fandom. Put his/her money down as well. Good for him. But those guys he called out, they had every reason to believe Mich was going to badly beat UCONN. I did for sure. But if they considered themselves Husky fans, I'd think they were rooting for UCONN just as hard as you, Buffet, or I was.

Again, and I can't be any clearer about this, I'm not saying that most fans (and non-fans) didn't think we would win the game. Vegas sure as hell didn't think so, and they make it a business to get it right when money is on the line. What I'm talking about is the uber-pessimistic loss of perspective of our product from our fanbase. In other words, I'm not talking about the lead-up to the game. I'm talking about the "during the game" and "after the game" reactions. That's what's "got me twisted"...

Reaction Score
You pollyannas are really getting pathetic.

The only indicator leading up to this game that would lead you to believe it would be close is how overrated Michigan is. I'm guilty of that myself.

You guys wanna walk around with badges to show how much of a fan you are knock your socks off. Just keep in mind that you guys have been wrong a lot more than most over the past 2+ years.

Reaction Score
Oh Dan, its the same with every fan base. I haven't looked at the WVU sites, but I wonder what their thoughts of Holgorson/Their program are this morning. Fans are fanatical. We live and die with every play and as such we have schizo like emotions during games. It is what it is. The OP is silly at best.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oh Dan, its the same with every fan base. I haven't looked at the WVU sites, but I wonder what their thoughts of Holgorson/Their program are this morning. Fans are fanatical. We live and die with every play and as such we have schizo like emotions during games. It is what it is. The OP is silly at best.

Granted, the OP was over-the-top.

I guess it's all just getting to me; I left the stadium with a glimmer of hope that the future could be brighter than the present, and then I'm greeted with a bunch of threads by miserable pricks that tell me not to have good feelings, that our QB isn't D-1 material, that Randy Edsall would have won the game (that one was especially nice since it came from someone who couldn't stand RE), and that we essentially don't belong. And these are from my fellow fans!

I'm sorry about the lack of quality of my posts this morning, fellas. I guess I just picked the wrong time to stop drinking... :confused:

Reaction Score
If we use buffet's logic, then he isn't a real fan or he wouldn't have bet the spread. He would have taken UConn with the money line.

Reaction Score
I'll say it because nobody else wants to give him credit .... Whaler wins fishy's driftwood statue ... He told everyone how it would go down and didn't gloat after the game.

Reaction Score

No, but I'm pretty sure mine gets lowered every time I come here. I'm into negative numbers. The irony is the number is so low I can't stop myself from coming here.

Reaction Score
I predicted an kicking based on our prior play and what Michigan did to ND. An entirely different team with an old style chip on the shoulder showed up. Was thrilling to see the energy back in the Rent like the days of old, and some intense football being played. Gotta be proud of the kids and the tremendous effort.

Last time I was horse from screaming at a game nonstop is pre-P. Give me hope for the future post-P. We just need to pay up and get it done. We do have a tradition - it's classic smash mouth football. That's what we need to be and that's what we are about. We're not pretty or flashy, just fierce.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

we won the turnover battle 4 to 1 and lost the game. We had 1 defensive score and 1 nine yard drive and lost the game, we had 200 yards of offense and 12 1st downs, we're 0-3 in 2013, we're 10-17 with PP, we're not going bowling for the 3rd consecutive year

now if you're happy with that, so be it. I think we're a joke and I want that to change, I think PP hurt our standing in the game of CR

we can be better with the kids on the roster, they deserve better. Everyone here mocks PP, do you really disagree with them?

and if you've been betting on UConn football for the last 2.25 years, you're taking it in the face. Don't come in here and boast about an occasional cover, we're losing ATS as well as SU. PP is 8-14-3 ATS, that's not making money

here's my final thought on your OP, "diehard" fans want to win, there's no shame in that

Reaction Score
Fishy, KCC . Last I checked if you are a "diehard" You stand by your team thru good and bad. You NEVER say "oh yeah were gonna lose by 100" go check the prediction thread. Some of you tools were saying it wasn't even gonna be close at half time" You guys are such diehards you come on here to post about a team you "love" but yet MANY of you bad mouth the crap out of about 95% of the WHOLE TEAM. That's not a fan. I can understand hating HCPP I want him gone. But going on and on about us gonna lose by 70, or need another digit on the scoreboard your NOT realists. Because if you guys followed college football the LEAST BIT you would know Michigans offense isn't that good. Whats sad is you clowns talk so much Ish and then you want all theese recruits to come play here. I don't know if you guys know this but ALOT of parents come on this site, along with recruits and current players. Im sure they don't like there "Diehard" fans bad mouthing them. Yeah Fishy your definetly not a true fan if you think the game would be over at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom